Dual Battery Mod

Ok but he's got a 40 min flite time as well.i guess the real question is how are some guys getting this fly time?

That's the big mystery. I've run a lot of tests and have gotten better flight time than most while using the same equipment. DB and a few others were experimenting with the same batteries and I always had longer flight times even when flying it worse conditions. The flight I did 54,287ft was into the wind going only 24-25mph, 37mph return. That wind is a battery killer. DB has flown in perfect conditions to get his 58,500ft and he did it in less time. I did 48,749ft back in mid April on a chilly 40deg night and was only going 17-18mph at some points due to wind. That flight was 39:45. I guess what I'm trying to say is flight time isn't everything. If you're going for distance, it's the conditions that really matter. If you're not going for distance, then the flight times are all different due to varying flight.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
That's the big mystery. I've run a lot of tests and have gotten better flight time than most while using the same equipment. DB and a few others were experimenting with the same batteries and I always had longer flight times even when flying it worse conditions. The flight I did 54,287ft was into the wind going only 24-25mph, 37mph return. That wind is a battery killer. DB has flown in perfect conditions to get his 58,500ft and he did it in less time. I did 48,749ft back in mid April on a chilly 40deg night and was only going 17-18mph at some points due to wind. That flight was 39:45. I guess what I'm trying to say is flight time isn't everything. If you're going for distance, it's the conditions that really matter. If you're not going for distance, then the flight times are all different due to varying flight.
Yes I agree with that but I just would like to see a 40 min flite with my p3. Then I will pick the perfect time to fly.best I can get is 30 mins.down to 3% not good!!

Yes I agree with that but I just would like to see a 40 min flite with my p3. Then I will pick the perfect time to fly.best I can get is 30 mins.down to 3% not good!!

What are you using? A good DJI main battery? What external bat? New or old motors?

What are you using? A good DJI main battery? What external bat? New or old motors?
Newer Dji batt 9 charges but only will charge up to 4.31.10 charges on MS 5200 HV,have both p3A V1/V2..the v2 I do get 2/3 mins more fly time maybe 32.30 mins max.

Newer Dji batt 9 charges but only will charge up to 4.31.10 charges on MS 5200 HV,have both p3A V1/V2..
OK yeah that's not good numbers then. I wouldn't worry about the .04v not going to make much of a difference. You're not using a split 5200 are you?

OK yeah that's not good numbers then. I wouldn't worry about the .04v not going to make much of a difference. You're not using a split 5200 are you?
No split modded batt.when you fly is it gps the way out and atti back or gps both ways?do you fly 100% throttle or back off 80/90 % both ways.I have tried this method 80% throttle on the way out gps to see if I could indeed go farther,then atti the way back.seemed to work better with the venoms then the MS.( with my getto Cruz control set up)...

Last edited:
No split modded batt.when you fly is it gps the way out and atti back or gps both ways?do you fly 100% throttle or back off 80/90 % both ways.I have tried this method 80% throttle on the way out gps to see if I could indeed go farther,then atti the way back.seemed to work better with the venoms then the MS.( with my getto Cruz control set up)...

I fly in PGPS during distance runs. ATTI makes no difference for me since I can go full speed in PGPS. I've tried easing up a bit sometimes if I am going faster than 35mph and the difference was minimal. But actually, on my farthest flights I rely on that extra speed to get back (turning around at 45%) so I have it full throttle.

i got some MaxxUAV battery trays in, they look good! Feel strong and fit perfectly. Each one was 7.4g. What i really love is that they look stock.

bPSJQnb.jpg
jlPZJFg.jpg

ZIqViJ6.jpg

i got some MaxxUAV battery trays in, they look good! Feel strong and fit perfectly. Each one was 7.4g. What i really love is that they look stock.

bPSJQnb.jpg
jlPZJFg.jpg

ZIqViJ6.jpg
Nice I was thinking about ordering a set and the weight difference.but as I looked at them it will not allow for bigger batteries to fit so it was a no go for me.

Nice I was thinking about ordering a set and the weight difference.but as I looked at them it will not allow for bigger batteries to fit so it was a no go for me.
yeah, the 5200 split from horizon barely fits, it is kinda squished (pushed the landing gear plastic a bit). my venom fly 2300's fit well though. the hyperion 2800's are too big, unless i put at an angle. thats okay, this is for my 2nd phantom for my son, so he can deal with shorter flight times ;)

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Maxwell. I happened to be watching this video again and I'm wondering if your DJI smart board hooked into the multistar 6600 displays proper mAh/voltage in DJI go? It is my understanding that the smart board has a lot of programming and I'm not sure if it will recognize the extra mAh. Do you charge it with the DJI charger? i.e. Through the smart board or with a different lipo charger? I believe there is a delicate system in which the smart board remembers how much mAh was put back in and that's how it knows how much mAh and % is left when you're flying.

I'd be interested is knowing if you've measured the battery with a meter before and after flights to see if DJI GO is reporting accurately. I've made up a similar board but have not tested it yet. Maybe this week.

Hi Ed. I charge it with the DJI charger. But I ordered the wrong battery, it is a 6.6 standard voltage. Not a LIHV. So I dont get that extra power.

Hi Ed. I charge it with the DJI charger. But I ordered the wrong battery, it is a 6.6 standard voltage. Not a LIHV. So I dont get that extra power.
hey maxwell - did you mod your battery mod? i think i see the battery holder has the bottom part cut out. was this to fit the 6600? I ask, as my MS 5200 and 6600 showed today and I also got one of the battery mods, with the intention of having it hold the 6600.

Maxwell. I happened to be watching this video again and I'm wondering if your DJI smart board hooked into the multistar 6600 displays proper mAh/voltage in DJI go? It is my understanding that the smart board has a lot of programming and I'm not sure if it will recognize the extra mAh.

i went back and reviewed the video again, took this screen cap. looks like dji go is set to show max mah as 4480, cause he totally had a 6600 in there. But, he is able to use all of the power despite that, so its definitly reading more than 4480. and i'm noticing that the # times charged shows 23, I bet thats data still in the board remembering the number from the prior. I wonder if there is a way to reset that, so that if what you noted about it remembering mah and charging doesn't happen on externals. I would actually still use my liHV charger for these if i could, i have better confidence of getting 17.4 outa that then stock with the variations we have seen.

Td1Gb0y.jpg

Reactions: Ed209
I fly in PGPS during distance runs. ATTI makes no difference for me since I can go full speed in PGPS. I've tried easing up a bit sometimes if I am going faster than 35mph and the difference was minimal. But actually, on my farthest flights I rely on that extra speed to get back (turning around at 45%) so I have it full throttle.
What firmware are you on? I've floored it going full speed back to home with the battery 45% (stock no extra batts on board) and I get the propulsion warning message. I'm at 1.8x on the bird. It was doing 35mph full throttle at the time.

Today I did test flite did hit 33.34 mins at 9% not bad!

Reactions: Ed209 and Digdat0
i went back and reviewed the video again, took this screen cap. looks like dji go is set to show max mah as 4480, cause he totally had a 6600 in there. But, he is able to use all of the power despite that, so its definitly reading more than 4480. and i'm noticing that the # times charged shows 23, I bet thats data still in the board remembering the number from the prior. I wonder if there is a way to reset that, so that if what you noted about it remembering mah and charging doesn't happen on externals. I would actually still use my liHV charger for these if i could, i have better confidence of getting 17.4 outa that then stock with the variations we have seen.

Td1Gb0y.jpg
Yea the board has the number of charges the old battery had. I dont know if that can be changed. I cut the bottom out so I can put any size battery in there. The DJI battery still fits tight. The go app wont show the mah. But once the battery volts drop to around 4480 mah it will show flight time remaining.
Would like to see your results when you get thing going.

batteries showed, i think the battery mod thing will take a bit to get here, it says sept-oct :p thanks for sharing the information maxwell :D

IyDRoAG.png
m

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT