Dual Battery Mod

Well if the wind is nice to me this weekend, I hope to get some good flight time in. I got another battery board to play with. I am going with 2 4000 LIHV 8000 MAH. They clame to be under 400gr each.

Reactions: Digdat0
Well if the wind is nice to me this weekend, I hope to get some good flight time in. I got another battery board to play with. I am going with 2 4000 LIHV 8000 MAH. They clame to be under 400gr each.
Keep us posted!! are you running in addition to the stock battery, or are you running these off the smart board, without stock battery? in my head, im thinking holy heck, 800g is alot in addition to stock .. but if you are dropping stock battery and running off the smart board, you are dropping 350g .. so the delta is only 450g, which is manageable.

Keep us posted!! are you running in addition to the stock battery, or are you running these off the smart board, without stock battery? in my head, im thinking holy heck, 800g is alot in addition to stock .. but if you are dropping stock battery and running off the smart board, you are dropping 350g .. so the delta is only 450g, which is manageable.
Think I can run them off the smart board and no stock battery.

Just fond this thread...great work...may I ask if anyone has made already any experiences with this kit:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

?

So, basically a kit which allows two original batteries....which is a nice idea I believe, not too heavy etc...
Maxwell smart bought one, if you look back on the last few pages he posts pics and a video. I think he's the first in here to do that mod.

This is slightly OT but somewhat battery related. I bought a 3-battery charger adapter board a few months ago off of Amazon. I connect the P3P charger to a terminal on the board and it provides connectors for charging 3 batteries simultaneously/in sequence.

It has appeared to work well over the past few months - but there is a little blue button on the circuit board that I can't figure out the purpose of. Does anybody know what that button is for? I've seen this same charging adapter for sale on multiple sites - so I'm guessing at least some of you have seen it/tried it.

Also - there is a female connector for a barrel plug on the board. Is that so that a standard DC power adapter can be connected instead of an original Phantom adapter? If so - any ideas what the input voltages/current rating should be on that type of adapter and/or is it safe to use that way - or is their balancing circuitry that is bypassed by going that route?

Maxwell smart bought one, if you look back on the last few pages he posts pics and a video. I think he's the first in here to do that mod.
Thanks for the info.

Post 1732

Last edited:
Thanks seems I didn't go back in the history enough, missed in the Maxwell smart past posting that there was a page 2 :oops:.
But in general he used it to fly with a modified battery, not really with 2 DJI batteries or I missed something?
Did flight test with both DJI and Multistare.

Reactions: Dronason
Did flight test with both DJI and Multistare.
So using 2 DJI batteries with this mod works. Thanks for the clarification. Still 1-2 weeks to receive it.

Thanks for the info, a little fare from the 30 minutes "marketing" value from the manufacturer but that was expected.

Just got back from one of my night missions, and I was flying with 2 DJI batters at a time. I also used my celltower, so I could test the range and fly from inside the truck. All went great. I think 30 minuets may be duabull .
And my celltower is unbeatable. I have never been able to get past 5000ft range around here. I was able to go 11000ft with out a single drop in signal. With the 2 DJI battery's I was at 86% and could go much farther. This is in a hi population area so I did not push it. That is why I was flying at 3am, no one to fall on.
Also a lot of humidity,it sprinkle a little when I was out there.
I think my cell tower rig is better then any antenna on the market. It just stays locked on.
Of cores it is made from panels you can get from amazon, and Max.

Just got back from one of my night missions, and I was flying with 2 DJI batters at a time. I also used my celltower, so I could test the range and fly from inside the truck. All went great. I think 30 minuets may be duabull .
And my celltower is unbeatable. I have never been able to get past 5000ft range around here. I was able to go 11000ft with out a single drop in signal. With the 2 DJI battery's I was at 86% and could go much farther. This is in a hi population area so I did not push it. That is why I was flying at 3am, no one to fall on.
Also a lot of humidity,it sprinkle a little when I was out there.
I think my cell tower rig is better then any antenna on the market. It just stays locked on.
Of cores it is made from panels you can get from amazon, and Max.

Second video is private. Cell tower? Have you posted pics of that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20