Dual Battery Mod

Oh right, I've seen that. Thanks. Quite a rig. I have all the gear for my mod and flying in my car does interest me. But when it comes to anything mod, antennas or battery, my habits show there's nothing like stock for the ease of just showing up and flying. I mod for a need, happily. The phantom stock with light bridge is still killer.

Reactions: D3ADP3P and Digdat0
Oh right, I've seen that. Thanks. Quite a rig. I have all the gear for my mod and flying in my car does interest me. But when it comes to anything mod, antennas or battery, my habits show there's nothing like stock for the ease of just showing up and flying. I mod for a need, happily. The phantom stock with light bridge is still killer.
Stock is quite powerful in this bird and light bridge is amazing . Even with just windsurfers, my only limit at the moment is battery, not the antennas. I'm out at 43k with perfect signal .. Admittedly, it's no interference and great conditions, but that's impressive in my book. I love this thing!

How much does that thing weigh maxwell? Do you leave it up while ya drive or set in the bed of the truck?

You should attach a swivel on the bottom of the pole and attach a servo running to the cab so you can rotate it manually as you fly. That would be sweet, 360 degree pivoting long range antenna.

OK i got the dual battery mod ,for 2 DJI batteries at one time. And I also have used the mount to carry a Multistar 6.6.

Maxwell. I happened to be watching this video again and I'm wondering if your DJI smart board hooked into the multistar 6600 displays proper mAh/voltage in DJI go? It is my understanding that the smart board has a lot of programming and I'm not sure if it will recognize the extra mAh. Do you charge it with the DJI charger? i.e. Through the smart board or with a different lipo charger? I believe there is a delicate system in which the smart board remembers how much mAh was put back in and that's how it knows how much mAh and % is left when you're flying.

I'd be interested is knowing if you've measured the battery with a meter before and after flights to see if DJI GO is reporting accurately. I've made up a similar board but have not tested it yet. Maybe this week.

Maxwell. I happened to be watching this video again and I'm wondering if your DJI smart board hooked into the multistar 6600 displays proper mAh/voltage in DJI go? It is my understanding that the smart board has a lot of programming and I'm not sure if it will recognize the extra mAh. Do you charge it with the DJI charger? i.e. Through the smart board or with a different lipo charger? I believe there is a delicate system in which the smart board remembers how much mAh was put back in and that's how it knows how much mAh and % is left when you're flying.

I'd be interested is knowing if you've measured the battery with a meter before and after flights to see if DJI GO is reporting accurately. I've made up a similar board but have not tested it yet. Maybe this week.
Hi Ed you gots some pics of this mod?

Hi Ed you gots some pics of this mod?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1472014782.316447.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1472014794.957419.jpg

It's sloppy right now but if it works I'll neaten it up. I know I read about this months ago and if I remember correctly, the people abandoned it due to the issues I mentioned above. But I am off this week so have time to tinker and see for myself.

It's sloppy right now but if it works I'll neaten it up. I know I read about this months ago and if I remember correctly, the people abandoned it due to the issues I mentioned above. But I am off this week so have time to tinker and see for myself.
I will be following this closely did hebs try this mod?

Yes that's it thax my jst conecters are on a slow boat from China won't be able to finish it yet! The batteries I want to use for this mod are the thunder power HV 4500.hope to see some good flite numbers?

I had some laying around, but you can get them from Amazon quicker. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W9LOM4..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=QB4WQSJ251B3VY3W3E4R
I will be following this closely did hebs try this mod?

Hebs?

Yes that's it thax my jst conecters are on a slow boat from China won't be able to finish it yet! The batteries I want to use for this mod are the thunder power HV 4500 323gr.hope to see some good flite numbers?

Also, the TP 4500 are very close to the DJI bat (same chemistry and almost same capacity) so I would think that it would work quite well. Might not see any noticeable difference in flight time though because of it the similarities.

Also, the TP 4500 are very close to the DJI bat (same chemistry and almost same capacity) so I would think that it would work quite well. Might not see any noticeable difference in flight time though because of it the similarities.
Yes but they are lighter Dji batt is 360gr?also does the firmware on a p3 make the difference in fly time?what firmware ru useing.i had to replace my esc board it has 1.3 think I will stay with it.

Page 63 post 1245 I thought hebs tried this mod!
Thanks, yeah he was one of the guys. There is also another thread on rcgroups that I had just found in my bookmarks. It is for the P2 but I'm sure a lot of the logic in the same. Freeing the Phantom 2 / Vision from Proprietary "Smart" Battery - Page 35 - RC Groups.

I'll give it a shot later and see if I fry the smart board :)

The TP 4500 say they are 324g...The DJI is 365g. Not a huge difference in weight.
I'm running FW 1.1.9 on my P3A. 1.1.9 is the last FW before DJI locked the speed at 35/36mph in PGPS. With 1.1.9 I am able to fly faster when the wind is at my back.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Thanks, yeah he was one of the guys. There is also another thread on rcgroups that I had just found in my bookmarks. It is for the P2 but I'm sure a lot of the logic in the same. Freeing the Phantom 2 / Vision from Proprietary "Smart" Battery - Page 35 - RC Groups.

I'll give it a shot later and see if I fry the smart board :)

The TP 4500 say they are 324g...The DJI is 365g. Not a huge difference in weight.
I'm running FW 1.1.9 on my P3A. 1.1.9 is the last FW before DJI locked the speed at 35/36mph in PGPS. With 1.1.9 I am able to fly faster when the wind is at my back.
This is how you get a 40 min flite coz of this firmware? I have tried todo some research on firmware fly times but nothing!

I don't think so. I think I just have a freak of a drone.
I seen Fanti post he's useing 1.4 says if he had 1.3 he could fly father this has raised the question about firmware?however I am now ready to test fly with the new esc board p3A V2 on the 1.3 firmware!! Hope to try this tomorrow if it stops raining...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT