Dual Battery Mod

Does anyone know where to get the Multistar LiHV 6600 mah battery in the US? The single battery not the split? HK doesn't list it except in Europe. Thanks.

I like having the camera out front. But in a crash it will be the first to go.
Hey maxwell, how was the weight balance on it with this battery setup? I notice the back half of the battery is just hanging out .. Does it clip in on the front to hold it in well??

Overall I have been pleased with the horizon v3 power mod with dual 5200's and a modded p3 battery. The balance of the bird is great and it remains responsive, if not more solid feeling in the air. From my experience, which is way more limited than the the warriors here, is that you should keep two things in mind. People who are getting 30 minutes or more are squeezing every last drop of power. That happens when you push the remaining battery percentage very low. These people are riding out single digit battery levels. I'm not hooked on that thrill, lol. Battery percentage drops fast when you get in the low 20's too. Even with this mod I fly to 20 percent at most and usually get around 26 minutes. When I hit 27 percent I'm flying back in close too, not a mile out for the thrill of hoping I make it back. I have one phantom and I do everything to increase my odds of keeping it in tact, not crashing it. The second thing I noticed is that after a mod flight, the dji battery is really depleted. It is not at a storage charge- much too low. If you won't be flying that battery for a while, charge it to 50 percent.

20160423_171740.jpg

20160424_013534.jpg

20160424_170308.jpg

Reactions: Digdat0 and MK47
The second thing I noticed is that after a mod flight, the dji battery is really depleted. It is not at a storage charge- much too low. If you won't be flying that battery for a while, charge it to 50 percent.
The DJI internal battery also remains much cooler with externals attached. It's not burning hot, like it is without externals, after a flight to 10%. Yes, it should also be recharged as soon as it cools down, as by definition, it is well below the 50% storage charge. The auto storage mode will kick in to drop it from 100% to 50%, if you don't use it within the set time period. I prefer to use two 2800 mAh MaxAmps, as their 5600 mAh LiPo combination adds more than the extra 5% power of the 5200 LiHV, without all the hassle of LiHV.:cool: I reliably get 27-30 minutes to 10%, depending upon old or new motors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
Overall I have been pleased with the horizon v3 power mod with dual 5200's and a modded p3 battery. The balance of the bird is great and it remains responsive, if not more solid feeling in the air. From my experience, which is way more limited than the the warriors here, is that you should keep two things in mind. People who are getting 30 minutes or more are squeezing every last drop of power. That happens when you push the remaining battery percentage very low. These people are riding out single digit battery levels. I'm not hooked on that thrill, lol. Battery percentage drops fast when you get in the low 20's too. Even with this mod I fly to 20 percent at most and usually get around 26 minutes. When I hit 27 percent I'm flying back in close too, not a mile out for the thrill of hoping I make it back. I have one phantom and I do everything to increase my odds of keeping it in tact, not crashing it. The second thing I noticed is that after a mod flight, the dji battery is really depleted. It is not at a storage charge- much too low. If you won't be flying that battery for a while, charge it to 50 percent.

View attachment 61323

View attachment 61324

View attachment 61325
Hi there ,Your bird is to good looking for the bang up long hall.
I agree with you on the battery stuff, you have to push it to the limit . I dont want to do it like that ether .

And to all PP here, I did hear from DB. And he is alright. Just spending time with the family, we can get carried away with our hobby's. And we all need to stop and tell the wife we love her more the that dam Pantom.
So she does not feel left out.;)

i got my 2nd / backup phantom 3 finished up today. its a phantom 3 pro, phantom advanced cam and used some modified cf battery trays mounted to the landing gear. Direct power mod in the aircraft and it has the Horizon 5200 battery on it right now.

ZbN1Rfo.jpg

Hey maxwell .. Any other flights with this battery mod? Is it something you are gonna leave on the bird, or did ya take it off??
I haven't had time to play with it lately. I got some more stuff in the mail this week, so I hop to get some testing done. I just got two more batteries, one is a DJI original and the other is a knockoff. So when I get some time this weekend I push it a little.

I just put the bird side mod on. You got a good eye. I hope the weather is good in the morning. I want to go to Galveston and get some pics of ships.

Alright guys, i need an opinion here. I bought some Hyperiog G6 2800mah LiHV batteries, and I think they were puffy/swollen on arrival. I'm trying to figure out if i need to return them. I've learned that the rule is not to use puffy batteries.

Can you guys take a look and give me your opinion? The sides feel and look 'swollen' .. my other batteries aren't like this at all. They are flat, and solid ..i can feel the side of the battery pack. On these Hyperions, the side is ovalish shaped and i can squish it in some. I dont know if this is by design and is some sort of padding, or if this is a defect.

4gcnsIA.jpg

1oQP4Sb.jpg

COR7czF.jpg

K5NwyFZ.jpg

6sYsliF.jpg

The best reference pic i can find is the following, and i dont see the rounded side there.

2YkDYyz.png

Alright guys, i need an opinion here. I bought some Hyperiog G6 2800mah LiHV batteries, and I think they were puffy/swollen on arrival. I'm trying to figure out if i need to return them. I've learned that the rule is not to use puffy batteries.

Can you guys take a look and give me your opinion? The sides feel and look 'swollen' .. my other batteries aren't like this at all. They are flat, and solid ..i can feel the side of the battery pack. On these Hyperions, the side is ovalish shaped and i can squish it in some. I dont know if this is by design and is some sort of padding, or if this is a defect.

4gcnsIA.jpg

1oQP4Sb.jpg

COR7czF.jpg

K5NwyFZ.jpg

6sYsliF.jpg

The best reference pic i can find is the following, and i dont see the rounded side there.

2YkDYyz.png
Hyperion puff yup I had 8 of them do that imo I will never order any of them again!! Send them back when I first got mine they where not puffed solid as a brick.5 charges later pppppuffff!!

FWIW I have 6 hyperion packs. All of them have 20-30 cycles on them. Some even down to 3.2v. No puffing yet. I always charge at 1C and never leave them charged 100% unless I'm going flying. But yeah, your packs look a little puffed to begin with.

thanks guys. im gonna return them. I like the idea of running two batteries, and can only find these and the bolts in 2800 lihv. The Bolts are too heavy, these seemed to be a good weight power balance. Will keep truckin. Thanks

Reactions: Silverwingflinx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT