Dual Battery Mod

thanks guys. im gonna return them. I like the idea of running two batteries, and can only find these and the bolts in 2800 lihv. The Bolts are too heavy, these seemed to be a good weight power balance. Will keep truckin. Thanks
Hey Digdat0 how did you like the venomflys ??

thanks guys. im gonna return them. I like the idea of running two batteries, and can only find these and the bolts in 2800 lihv. The Bolts are too heavy, these seemed to be a good weight power balance. Will keep truckin. Thanks
Try the MaxAmp 2800's LiPo's. Good solid performer! Custom made in USA from only good cells!

Hey Digdat0 how did you like the venomflys ??
I really like them, they are pretty light. I can get 26mins out of flight where I fly around having fun, about 22 mins on distance flights. I took them out to 35k and back last time I did a distance flight, with wooden props. Landed at 14%, alot was in atti mode. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
And the company who makes them has great customer service. Originally I ordered two, but one had a low cell and wouldn't charge. I put a ticket in, that night they asked me to do a salt bath and send pic, I had replacement battery a few days later, was very pleased.

I really like them, they are pretty light. I can get 26mins out of flight where I fly around having fun, about 22 mins on distance flights. I took them out to 35k and back last time I did a distance flight, with wooden props. Landed at 14%, alot was in atti mode. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
And the company who makes them has great customer service. Originally I ordered two, but one had a low cell and wouldn't charge. I put a ticket in, that night they asked me to do a salt bath and send pic, I had replacement battery a few days later, was very pleased.
Nice I have seen 32 mins just flying around easy in a 3/4 km circular flight.about 28 mins long distance.but I think my bird is a lot lighter than yours that was with p3A V2 which was attacked by that eagle.now I am with my old bird p3A V1 lost a few mins!! Venom has a big price drop sure am thinking about those 3400s but at 660gr just don't think the bird can handle that.MS 6600 532gr I believe we all have pushed it to the limit!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
Nice I have seen 32 mins just flying around easy in a 3/4 km circular flight.about 28 mins long distance.but I think my bird is a lot lighter than yours that was with p3A V2 which was attacked by that eagle.now I am with my old bird p3A V1 lost a few mins!! Venom has a big price drop sure am thinking about those 3400s but at 660gr just don't think the bird can handle that.MS 6600 532gr I believe we all have pushed it to the limit!!

Yeah I don't think I'm getting as good battery time as I should ... Last night I swapped to my backup phantom and moved the camera over. Gonna fly it for a while and see if I get improvements, may start to look to drop some weight here before too long by shortening some lines and trimming battery trays. My stock batteries are also both below 90% life, some wonder how that's affecting as well.

I noticed venom has 3200 Lipo batteries at 278g each. I'm also gonna checkout the Maxamps gadget guy posted, I know some guys are having good results with those too. I think my issue is not the batteries, but the bird. It has been crashed a few times heh will see what the other one does.

ok this all makes sense now I just got off the phone with Paul Shaffer He did My install ,I have the older version... he did do meter power testing to and confirmed 100% that the older version is on leg 4 and the newer version is on leg 2
Nice to get it confirmed. View attachment 43144its nummbers on the antennas, for those who wonder[/QUOTE]
Lars, you are the man!

""phantompilots.com is all paid by DBS they gave free dbs kits to all admins and they banned me from there""

>>>MOD Edit<<< .... you almost got some of that right.
You're not banned - yet ... but you have a little while to think about things before you can come back.

Just to clarify, in case anyone took that rulppa seriously ... he has no idea what he's talking about.
"Mod edit" what the hell does that mean? Is it an admin editing this post? Are they doing it because they don't like the content for opinion of rulppa? That's a little crazy, it kind of makes you think what he says is true ?

"Mod edit" what the hell does that mean? Is it an admin editing this post? Are they doing it because they don't like the content for opinion of rulppa? That's a little crazy, it kind of makes you think what he says is true ?
his post violated the rules, it was offensive in some way toward the admins/mods and they they removed it. I think the quote is the original. That was wayyyyyyyyyy long ago. lets move past that and talk about batteries here :)

OK i got the dual battery mod ,for 2 DJI batteries at one time. And I also have used the mount to carry a Multistar 6.6.
thats awesome maxwell. and i love the flip flops :) i'm curious how you wired the 6600 to the smartboard in the battery ... care to share any pics of how ya did that part?

OK i got the dual battery mod ,for 2 DJI batteries at one time. And I also have used the mount to carry a Multistar 6.6.
Nice! Have you measured the mAh put back in to see if that matches up with what the DJI Go App is saying? I thought that the DJI intelligent battery measured the discharge and it kind of keeps a memory. So it is possible that you might have more or less than what the App is reporting. Unless you reset the memory on the battery? It's a bit funny to mess with.

thats awesome maxwell. and i love the flip flops :) i'm curious how you wired the 6600 to the smartboard in the battery ... care to share any pics of how ya did that part?
Hi there Digs. I did not take any pics of the Multistar mod. I didn't think it was going to work. But when I plugged it in to the DJI charger it started charging. I thought I ordered the LIHV but it is a 14.8 volt. I wish I had a MS LIHV in 8000 ma, that would be the way to go
I dont have any old batteries to get boards from ether.
I am getting my confidence up with these batterys and will try some distance runs soon.
I did go out 2000ft and back at full throttle, and she will go 35.5 mph in P-GPS, boath ways ,,no wind.

Reactions: Digdat0
Nice! Have you measured the mAh put back in to see if that matches up with what the DJI Go App is saying? I thought that the DJI intelligent battery measured the discharge and it kind of keeps a memory. So it is possible that you might have more or less than what the App is reporting. Unless you reset the memory on the battery? It's a bit funny to mess with.
I dont know how to rest the battery.

I dont know how to rest the battery.

You have to disconnect the white connector inside the battery. This connector has the balance leads that go to the battery.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1471292053.269923.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20