Dual Battery Mod

Interesting. I was able to get the pos and neg tabs soldered together no problem but the copper wire doesn't bond to the aluminum tab. I tried some light sanding on the tab but no luck. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a little solvent on a qtip. Anyways, I have some aluminum solder coming in Monday if that doesn't work.

I plan to charge them as 2 separate 2S packs. I haven't done the math yet to determine the proper charge power but I think 1C on a 4480 mAh pack is about 4.4A. I'm not going to try and push it with the charging. I'll also look at the DJI charger and see what that's doing to compare.

I have shrink wrap and everything. Ready to complete the job but I just want to make sure I have a proper bond on those tabs.

I'm going to make a series Y cable to combine the 2 packs and they will plug into my battery. Leaving the other connection empty on the FPV customs battery mod.
Ok I am not useing copper cables.what I did use was cables from my old Hyperion puffed and dismantled batt.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 381
I already had this battery mod in parallel I just re did it in series.good To go now !!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 350
Looks good. I would put some flexible nylon or something over the tabs and then wrap the shrink wrap over them so it holds the nylon down. It will protect the wire ends and the brittle lipo tabs. Look how your other lipo packs are where the wires come out... Well protected. You want to minimize the stress to that end of the battery. I'll try again tomorrow. I tinned the wires of course. Maybe the tabs have some residue on them.

Looks good. I would put some flexible nylon or something over the tabs and then wrap the shrink wrap over them so it holds the nylon down. It will protect the wire ends and the brittle lipo tabs. Look how your other lipo packs are where the wires come out... Well protected. You want to minimize the stress to that end of the battery. I'll try again tomorrow. I tinned the wires of course. Maybe the tabs have some residue on them.
Hoping all goes well.what I did do as well was encase the top of battery with hot glue it's solid.i am a dumb *** I got rid of that nylon I had when I parted out my old lipos.i did not think I would need it now I do!!!Lol

I am charging the lipos at 1.3A see how that goes.

Let me know. As long as you set voltage to LiHV 4.35 it should be fine. 1.3A is very conservative and will take a while.
I still don't know why my hyperions puffed.maybe it was the cold weather.i have seen the other posts and they were landing at 10%.i was landing about the same 15%.when I used the volt meter I had 8or9% in the g6.about 3.70 volts.i did 5 flites to break them in and still puffing OMG!!! So I am now useing venom fly 2300 see how that goes.any ideas what I am doing wrong..

I still don't know why my hyperions puffed.maybe it was the cold weather.i have seen the other posts and they were landing at 10%.i was landing about the same 15%.when I used the volt meter I had 8or9% in the g6.about 3.70 volts.i did 5 flites to break them in and still puffing OMG!!! So I am now useing venom fly 2300 see how that goes.any ideas what I am doing wrong..
ohh the nanotechs I was doing the same and no puffing.

Hmmm. I still think it was the charge rate. If I remember, you said you were charging at 5C on. The Hyperions 2400s. So that is is 12A!?! If you're using the skyrc d100 that only can go up to 10A.

Hmmm. I still think it was the charge rate. If I remember, you said you were charging at 5C on. The Hyperions 2400s. So that is is 12A!?! If you're using the skyrc d100 that only can go up to 10A.
No I had it set at 3.5 A but it was cold -6/7/8C when I was flying.i just don't get why they are puffing.

No I had it set at 3.5 A but it was cold -6/7/8C when I was flying.i just don't get why they are puffing.
Yeah I'm not sure why. I flew in temps to around 25-27f no issues except diminished flight times.
I wonder if maybe you were flying in such cold temps the cell voltage was dipping below 3v at times? I've got 16 flights now on G6 1800 and 2400s no issues.

Yeah I'm not sure why. I flew in temps to around 25-27f no issues except diminished flight times.
I wonder if maybe you were flying in such cold temps the cell voltage was dipping below 3v at times? I've got 16 flights now on G6 1800 and 2400s no issues.
Hi ED209 yes that's what I have been thinking.faulty batts faulty charger or just EXTrem cold causing the problem.so no more cold weather flites below 50%. Expensive lesson to learn.thax for your advice.as far as solder I am useing electrical rosin core.variable temp gun.when I did the solder connections it went easy I had no issues.

Yeah i think maybe I still have some residue on my tabs. I remember that there was some tape that needed to be removed. I'll just wait till tomorrow for the other materials.

gO aPP 2.6.1 WARNING!!

Careful my Friends !! Looks like the DJI go all 2.6 doesn't allow for 3rd party batteries !!!

I know we are all messing around with different battery configurations and would be a shame to have that all ruined by another update!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
gO aPP 2.6.1 WARNING!!

Careful my Friends !! Looks like the DJI go all 2.6 doesn't allow for 3rd party batteries !!!

I know we are all messing around with different battery configurations and would be a shame to have that all ruined by another update!!

Thanks for the heads-up. How did you figure this one out? I have no plans of upgrading beyond 2.4.3. I've got multiple copies backed up and full backups of my iPhone and iPad just in case. I wish I could totally remove it from my updates listed in the app store.

If you are jailbroken you can !! That's what I did !! I'm @ 2.4.3 and holding lol !!! I didn't find it out, just saw that post and read it !! Hopefully he's able to downgrade and get the battery working again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Sweetwater