Dual Battery Mod

Yeah that's what his kit ships with. It works fine, it's just not LiHV. I have those batteries as well.
I would get the Horizon V3 Power Mod as it is the best in power/weight ratio...You will get max flight time with this kit.

Would you use this charger with the Horizon V3 Power Mod or your own DJI charger. I'm looking at buying the mod once it's available!

I would test them with a meter to be certain. Here is how they connect with balance leads as well.

8676382464_d9393a3fc9_o.jpg
Hey ED209 how's your battery mod going?

Ho
Guys do us a favour and refer to it as the Horizon V3 Power mod , thats where it came from ,
I designed and developed it , it kicks *** , there is more to this power mod than you think .

you can use aftermarket hi voltage lipos just the same , it a mater power vs weight.....charging is simple to

There is a Horizon V3 Power mod..... soon.... distance records will be broken
W do we get them here in Australia?

Would you use this charger with the Horizon V3 Power Mod or your own DJI charger. I'm looking at buying the mod once it's available!

Use the DJi charger or a compatible one, i.e. a dumb charger that just puts out power, no more than 17.4 volts and 100 watts, like the DJi charger. With the Horizon V3 Power Mod all three batteries charge at the same time, like 1 big battery.

I will be getting the Horizon V3 Power Mod once it goes off of back order in the USA as well. Until then I'm making my maiden flight with this tomorrow:

13fJnZq.jpg

WW59t4t.jpg

O56ddMf.jpg

Last edited:
Use the DJi charger or a compatible one, i.e. a dumb charger that just puts out power, no more than 17.4 volts and 100 watts, like the DJi charger. With the Horizon V3 Power Mod all three batteries charge at the same time, like 1 big battery.

Agree 100%. The V3 power mod makes it real simple to use the dji charger and set n forget so to speak. If you're more comfortable, you can dial in an aftermarket charger to charge the packs.

Nice job! House isn't burnt down? Hahaha
I will resume and hopefully finish mine today. Maybe even get a test flight in!
I got Lost in this thread a little bit it was all over the place, what mod was you guys trying? What was u trying to accomplish?

I got Lost in this thread a little bit it was all over the place, what mod was you guys trying? What was u trying to accomplish?
Hahaha lost in the thread??? That's not hard to do. So much going on in here. We are splitting the DJI battery and making 2x2S packs.

I will be getting the Horizon V3 Power Mod once it goes off of back order in the USA as well. Until then I'm making my maiden flight with this tomorrow:

13fJnZq.jpg

WW59t4t.jpg

O56ddMf.jpg

I got ~15min of 50/50 hovering/flying down to 50% using 2x Turnigy Nano-Tech 4S 2200 batteries. My P3A is v1 everything (P3A, Motors, RC, Etc.). Running all the latest firmware.

Things I noticed flying with this setup.

1) She's a heavy b@tch.
2) The props make a diff noise with that weight.
3) 100% throttle down she drops like a brick (wont be doing that anymore).
4) She's a bit more wobbly with the extra weight, not bad though.

I have no doubt with that weight the motors expected MTBF (meantime between failure) will decrease a good deal. I am breaking in all the batteries so I don't think I'll fly down past 50% until I can get at least 5 100-50% flights on all of them.

For those looking at a cheap but decent LiHV charger :SKYRC-iMAX-B6AC-V2 for $56 . It Has LiHV option at least on the latest model at banggood.

SKYRC iMAX B6AC V2 Professional Balance Charger/Discharger SK-100090

Bad info, that is NOT a LiHV charger. SkyRC makes a D100 and D200 charger that are capable of charging LiHV batteries.

Besides, the best battery mod so far is Horizon's v3 Battery Mod. You don't need a LiHV charger for it. Just the DJi charger to charge all 3 batteries at the same time.

in Australia you have the Horizon Dealer RISE Above Aerials ,
ask them to stock these , or just order from the UK , just get a new lipos set save you sending them.

Hello, may I ask when the Horizon V3 Power Mod might be back in stock from Midwest please? I'm on the waiting list, would it be Monday maybe? Looking forward to trying the mod out, thanks!

Hello, may I ask when the Horizon V3 Power Mod might be back in stock from Midwest please? I'm on the waiting list, would it be Monday maybe? Looking forward to trying the mod out, thanks!

It's not in stock because they haven't been trained how to do it yet in the US. I suspect it may take awhile and several batteries before they become proficient.

It's not in stock because they haven't been trained how to do it yet in the US. I suspect it may take awhile and several batteries before they become proficient.

Would it be okay to order from here for now, or would I save money if I wait for the stock at Midwest Horizon if I'm in the US?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo