Drone Fishing

This is an amazing feed. I already lost one drone using it Fishing bought another one a day later this is going to lead to so many new possibilities. I'll be filming tuna in the next few months can't wait to get some of this footage.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry to hear for your loss, how did that happened?
Would love to see some tuna footage

Big mistake I used MG90S cheap servo and it gave up on me when doing some weight test, the motor just jammed

Just got a better one which is mini servo slightly expensive but it's durable

Now I have to redesign so it will fit the new servo in

1464105359458.jpg

1464105371158.jpg

No you don't need to
The drop mechanism I'm working on you need to stick a sensor on the front LED light and when you turn the lights on the servo release the mechanism

You can assign the back button to turn on or off the LED lights

No need to open the bird or unscrew any part of the phantom
Keep us posted please.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Easiest way I've done this: I have a gimbal crash guard, I attach a 2feet fishing line to it and at the other end attach a clothes peg to the fishing line, then I pinch the actual fishing line from the rod on the clothes peg, when I want to release, I descend rapidly and then jerk it back to climb. Some times it releases some times it doesn't. Sometimes depending on the weight it releases while flying to the site. It's not the best but I just do it for a friend, I don't even fish.. Trying to come up with a better setup, we are going to outer banks soon on vacation and he wants to try it again over there for bigger fish!

Easiest way I've done this: I have a gimbal crash guard, I attach a 2feet fishing line to it and at the other end attach a clothes peg to the fishing line, then I pinch the actual fishing line from the rod on the clothes peg, when I want to release, I descend rapidly and then jerk it back to climb. Some times it releases some times it doesn't. Sometimes depending on the weight it releases while flying to the site. It's not the best but I just do it for a friend, I don't even fish.. Trying to come up with a better setup, we are going to outer banks soon on vacation and he wants to try it again over there for bigger fish!

Cloth peg works well, but again it's more risk

First attempt here on open sea with live bait from a boat worked well. Catch and lost kingfish within 2 min. Was so nervous i forgot to switch camera. Have only my girlfriend iphone video takes time to post. Rgds

I wanted to film mine dropping but it's too close for the camera to focus.
I fished from the beach and dropped the line 200 metres out.
Better than I can cast!

Reactions: 66Fury
I wanted to film mine dropping but it's too close for the camera to focus.
I fished from the beach and dropped the line 200 metres out.
Better than I can cast!

This sounds very much like my plans. Here is what I put together today. Used a wire coat hanger, welded end on it, and bent the ends the go through the drone legs. Seems very solid. I mocked up a leader, swivel, hook and weight, 8 oz I think. I put a piece of metal on hook to simulate bait. Anyway, I only did 1 run through, but looks promising. BTW, it was breezy today, 15-20 mph, not ideal conditions, but really wanted to try this.

Attachments

• IMGP7769 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7769 (Large).JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 434
  • IMGP7770 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7770 (Large).JPG
    131 KB · Views: 480
  • IMGP7771 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7771 (Large).JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 527
  • IMGP7772 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7772 (Large).JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 647
  • IMGP7773 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7773 (Large).JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMGP7775 (Large).JPG
    IMGP7775 (Large).JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 459
This sounds very much like my plans. Here is what I put together today. Used a wire coat hanger, welded end on it, and bent the ends the go through the drone legs. Seems very solid. I mocked up a leader, swivel, hook and weight, 8 oz I think. I put a piece of metal on hook to simulate bait. Anyway, I only did 1 run through, but looks promising. BTW, it was breezy today, 15-20 mph, not ideal conditions, but really wanted to try this.

Very similar set up but I made mine more central to even out the load.
I found it better to set the drag light rather than open the bale that way the line doesn't spring off and tangle.
The trick is to keep the sinker close to your "hook" to stop it swaying.

Reactions: 66Fury

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z