Drone Fishing

So, I just tested it with some light line, I think it was 1lb, it worked perfectly and the drone never moved when I tugged on it to break it.....I would recommend using a short piece, only a few inches long tied to your regular fishing line...... I tested it 12 times with the same result....... Time to go fishing

Awesome man
Have you tried heavy lined, I use heavy lines for fishing

Awesome man
Have you tried heavy lined, I use heavy lines for fishing
Since yesterday i am happy owner of P4 sofar it works well.
Still have some doubt about the breakink line
- must be short to avoid hit the props eventually
- the total weight of bait&lead will vary
- hard to avoid swing or rock of the load -> line has different static and dynamic load to break
Found on other forum link to gimbal-guard.com (expensive to my taste) but using the pin as seen in prev video plus piece of foam (each fishermen has plenty of it fot hooks lines etc.) attached to the brace between the landing gear - changeable might work.
According to technician advice i was told - at P4 is necessary to switch off the VPS as it can confuse the down sensors.
Good morning to all.

Did not tried it yet to be honest the serviceman in drone shop told me the vps sensors and cam heading down might think you are at zero height. In case they recognize some ´obstacle ´ between the landing gear...

Simple solution that might work
Tried this method today.
I found that with rod standing up in holder line gets caught on props and drone flipped upside down
Line gets caught around top of rod and turns drone around
Props cut line
With line attached to rear weight of line causes it to drop prematurely
If drag is set too light reel "overspins" and creates tangle bigger than the known universe
Eventually I laid the rod on the back of my flat bed pointing at the ocean and flew out 200 metres in reverse , rotated the drone and dropped the line.
No fish but I learnt a lot
I had a 4oz sinker + bait so about 6oz all up and the drone flew level and responsive.
It works but I don't like the idea of 2 motors doing all the work so I will be designing a bracket to hold the line in the centre under the camera

Reactions: 66Fury
Tried this method today.
I found that with rod standing up in holder line gets caught on props and drone flipped upside down
Line gets caught around top of rod and turns drone around
Props cut line
With line attached to rear weight of line causes it to drop prematurely
If drag is set too light reel "overspins" and creates tangle bigger than the known universe
Eventually I laid the rod on the back of my flat bed pointing at the ocean and flew out 200 metres in reverse , rotated the drone and dropped the line.
No fish but I learnt a lot
I had a 4oz sinker + bait so about 6oz all up and the drone flew level and responsive.
It works but I don't like the idea of 2 motors doing all the work so I will be designing a bracket to hold the line in the centre under the camera
Thanks for testing :). I agree the bait should be in the centre to help even load of the motors

Some progress photos

Attachments

• 1462801782170.jpg
    1462801782170.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 515
  • 1462801807426.jpg
    1462801807426.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 493
  • 1462801819176.jpg
    1462801819176.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 518
Reactions: Dronefishermen
No, The USB is to charge using the usb cable for in car
The AC slot is to charge the battery using adapter
In DJI go app I assigned C1 switch to turn On/Off the LED, When the LED is turned on The servo will lock/unlock. Its just Plug and Play without unscrewing any part of the phantom, Im trying to make it as light as possible including the battery, Inside the box I have 1 Programmed Circuit board to control the servo, 1 Programmed Circuit board to supply enough voltage for the servo, 1 500mah Battery, 1 Sensor

Last edited:
Well I guess it depends on every Individual, Something i buy for $150 and flying I wont bother doing mods like this, Something I Spend 2 Grand for a hobby I don't mind spending a little and do some fancy mod, I fly RC Turbine jets, Compare to mods I made on my jet this would be something simple, Of coz there is always a simple solutions to use a cloth peg, But I just don't want to risk it.

:) Just sharing nothing much

Last edited:
Well I guess it depends on every Individual, Something i buy for $150 and flying I wont bother doing mods like this, Something I Spend 2 Grand for a hobby I don't mind spending a little and do some fancy mod, I fly RC Turbine jets, Compare to mods I made on my jet this would be something simple, Of coz ther is always a simple solutions to use a cloth peg, But I just don't want to risk it.

:) Just sharing nothing much

As I said not knocking it at all and you have a lot more knowledge of electronics than me.
My background is RC cars where things aren't so delicate.
As I found though watch carefully where your line is before attempting takeoff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl