ImmersionRC 600mw video transmitter
Black Pearl RC801 (7ch) diversity receiver/monitor
iOSD Mini
FPVLR Premium Combo antennas
Rave Aerial monitor mount
Flytrex Core 2
Shapeways landing gear extensions with built-in ImmersionRC vTx holder
RIT dyed props (Cherry Red and Blue Jean pictured below except where noted(

I just installed the Shapeways landing gear extension pieces and they fixed a few minor annoyances for me:

- gimbal no longer bangs the ground surface upon startup
- video transmitter is not mounted without adhesive (transmitter housing is secure yet removable - no chance of accidental detachment)
- video transmitter antenna is side opposite to compass
- video transmitter antenna can sit below the gimbal without touching the ground
- P2 still fits in my hard case and backpack with pre-cut foam

Gimbal startup not touching the table:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATZTTnetrYk[/youtube]

Dyed props in slow motion:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dllAKOuhSk[/youtube]

stG6h1T.jpg

***props as pictured above are Scarlett Red and Royal Blue from RIT (the props below are all Cherry Red and Blue Jean from RIT)

LYj4Cv3.jpg

PFZltdc.jpg

Z94Ttf3.jpg

***Note the Limefuel battery installed: initial impressions - good, not great, build quality; doesn't "snap" in as easily as OEM battery

LYj4Cv3.jpg

IBzfcDF.jpg

2hqPOqg.jpg

Next mod: hoping to get the plug and play yaw mod if it becomes available

And the NDJ6 RC:

1hqICsB.jpg

KuLujws.jpg

NaQYY2A.jpg

Put on a new decal today. Forgot to take part of the old decal off (oops).

YQGeCPP.jpg

And I used Plastidip on my old RC. Thinking about doing it to the new one.

2HsyclW.jpg

Replaced my Rave Aerial monitor mount with this one from Shapeways today. I like it for three reasons:

1) it's smaller
2) faster to attach/detach with the GoPro style mount
3) adjustable for optimal viewing angle

WpVSpRo.jpg

Bought a top shell from eBay so I could switch the decals. :p

RAhUz9p.jpg

For those interested, this is where I bought the Shapeways landing gear extensions:

Left: https://www.shapeways.com/product/HQXQK ... d=55539196
Right: https://www.shapeways.com/product/RQD29 ... d=55539198
vTx holder***: https://www.shapeways.com/product/4TYPU ... d=55539197

***the vTx holder is ONLY for the ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter; other transmitters MAY fit, but it's a SNUG fit for the IRC 600 already. I also had to remove the plastic shrink wrap around the transmitter for it to fit (even though IRC does not recommend removing it)

dptcalvin said:
Phantom 2 v2.0 w/ H3-3D
ImmersionRC 600mw video transmitter
Black Pearl RC801 (7ch) diversity receiver/monitor

That's a hectic looking quad. Very clean build.
Can I ask.. what channel you using for transmitter and receiver?
And what distance are you getting?

I ask as many are getting no more than 300m with the immerisonRC.

I got 1000m with the default channel (5740MHz), but then switched the 5800MHz and was only getting about 400m. Needless to say, I'll be switching back to 5740MHz.

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Here's a shot of some LEDs I added under the top shell:

qoX6Ggn.jpg

Oh that is nice!
I bought the same decal to place on my Phantom 2, but the decal was for a Phantom 1. I don't want to cover the paint job on my P1, so the decal is still in the pkg.
But your build is fantastic, like the added LEDs especially.

GoodnNuff said:
Oh that is nice!
I bought the same decal to place on my Phantom 2, but the decal was for a Phantom 1. I don't want to cover the paint job on my P1, so the decal is still in the pkg.
But your build is fantastic, like the added LEDs especially.
Bummer! I really like this decal. Fairly easy to install with some patience and assistance from a hair dryer to get rid of some minor bubbling.

I like that the LEDs are subtle and hidden. I've seen the same LEDs applied on the outside of the shell and...it's not my favorite look. :p

Looks real good. Is all your stuff inside?

When I put vinyl decals, names or registration numbers on my boat I use a few drops of dish soap in some water.
It lets the decal slide to position it and then you squeegee the water out and let it dry.
I bet a more careful version than what I use on my boat would work for the wrap.

Marlin009 said:

When I put vinyl decals, names or registration numbers on my boat I use a few drops of dish soap in some water.
It lets the decal slide to position it and then you squeegee the water out and let it dry.
I bet a more careful version than what I use on my boat would work for the wrap.

Yep, the only things that are outside the shell are the vTx and Flytrex Core 2. I'd like to move the Core 2 inside the shell, but I need access to the microSD after every flight.

6PTg0Nt.jpg

Soap and water really help with some decals, but not all glues are meant for wet application.

mendezl said:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16141&p=147889&hilit=ideal+flytrex+core+2+mounting+location#p147889
Cool install. I'm hesitant to dremel a slot in my shell right now, but I'll definitely consider this down the line!

dptcalvin said:
Marlin009 said:

Yep, the only things that are outside the shell are the vTx and Flytrex Core 2. I'd like to move the Core 2 inside the shell, but I need access to the microSD after every flight.

6PTg0Nt.jpg

Soap and water really help with some decals, but not all glues are meant for wet application.

Looks great! Love the shape ways items. Just wish shipping an orders didn't take so long to deliver.. what was your turn around time

Yah, I HATE the turnaround time with Shapeways orders. I still have some more stuff coming from them. Should be shipping this week (hopefully).

I usually get my orders in about 3 weeks.

Added these to the NDJ6 over the weekend:

1hqICsB.jpg

KuLujws.jpg

NaQYY2A.jpg

Navman said:
Awesome! What did you use to make the labels?

dptcalvin said:
Added these to the NDJ6 over the weekend:
Purchased from UAVstickers.com :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl