Phantom 2 FPV install pics. Flysight & ImmersionRC

I feel like there's a lot left on the table with this setup. Antenna limited at the moment. With a more focused receiver antenna I'm sure this could be improved even more. Going for an fpvlr.com setup within a couple months. This stuff is so addictive. Lol.

One thing for sure it's not only addictive it is expensive and if not setup correctly can be a waste of money.

I feel like there's a lot left on the table with this setup. Antenna limited at the moment. With a more focused receiver antenna I'm sure this could be improved even more. Going for an fpvlr.com setup within a couple months. This stuff is so addictive. Lol.

Addictive??? I've owned my Phantom for about 4 months, and I'm already knee-deep into building my own scratch-built quad... lol... So it's not THAT addictive, is it??

One thing for sure it's not only addictive it is expensive and if not setup correctly can be a waste of money.

Yea, this is true. Unfortunately there are so many factors in what to use, and also where you fly, so it's sorta tough to find the right combination. Make sure that you can return whatever you buy just in case it doesn't work...

just tried my GS on Ipad mini and seems to work fine except I cant get the map to zoom to street level and the picture becomes blurred.
Is this a built in feature for restricted areas? I live just on the very edge of 5 mile radius, literally next two blocks are are restriction free zones.
Too cold to venture outside but I wonder how I will get the map/sat view if I fly beyond any wi-fi location (boonies) :)
Thanks for response.
Oh almost forgot to ask if anyone took the metal case off from the AIR module and installed it inside the Phantom without anyside effects.
Is there a reason for the metal case (interference)???

just tried my GS on Ipad mini and seems to work fine except I cant get the map to zoom to street level and the picture becomes blurred.
Is this a built in feature for restricted areas? I live just on the very edge of 5 mile radius, literally next two blocks are are restriction free zones.
Too cold to venture outside but I wonder how I will get the map/sat view if I fly beyond any wi-fi location (boonies) :)
Thanks for response.
Oh almost forgot to ask if anyone took the metal case off from the AIR module and installed it inside the Phantom without anyside effects.
Is there a reason for the metal case (interference)???

I do believe you are in the wrong thread as this is for P2 non vision not vision,vision+ or vision+v3's so it might take a while for answer to your questions.

Tonight I grabbed some beers and put together an FPV system for my Phantom 2. This set up is based on research I've done, and on #6 and #7 of this video series...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. I purchased the Flysight, and ImmersionRC on eBay. iOSD, antennae, and SMA convertor from Amazon. I bought the Rave mount from their Web site and picked up a gimbal travel bracket for a few bucks more. The total cost of everything (minus the gimbal bracket) was $327.85. Parts list below. ****. I didn't realize I spent that much. haha.

Prices w/ shipping
169.49 Flysight monitor
51.50 ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter
59.00 iOSD Mini
10.98 Anbee Circular Polarized Clover Leaf Antenna
4.97 SMA male to RP-SMA female convertor
31.91 Rave Aerial monitor mount

NOTES:
  • I've read about several heat related problems with the iOSD Mini when mounted inside the copter. I'm hoping to avoid that by drilling several holes in the case.
  • The Anbee antenna I purchased does not have the center pin needed for the ImmersionRC transmitter. I had to order a converter for this.
Testing yet to come. It's dark or else I'd be outside trying it out.

20151030_205727.jpg

20151030_212808.jpg

20151030_214953.jpg

20151030_223409.jpg

20151030_224659.jpg

20151030_224725.jpg

20151030_231302.jpg

20151030_233713.jpg

20151030_234631.jpg

z20151031_001357.jpg
Any luck with this setup? I'm going to start my FPV system very soon, I like the tutorial you put together here, good place for me to start, thanks

That antenna rules for control, no aiming or batteries needed.( i've never flown the bird from other post)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic