dptcalvin's P2 build

Are these the right screws I'm going to need to attach the new gear?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-bzp- ... f-25/26951

I'm utterly useless with everything to do with DIY, tools etc!

@capodrone81 What are the 18mm screws for you mentioned too?

2 out of 3 things printed so far, and it's missed the estimated ship date. Getting twitchy over here :)

simonwicks said:
Are these the right screws I'm going to need to attach the new gear?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-bzp- ... f-25/26951

I'm utterly useless with everything to do with DIY, tools etc!

@capodrone81 What are the 18mm screws for you mentioned too?

2 out of 3 things printed so far, and it's missed the estimated ship date. Getting twitchy over here :)

those will work perfect. 18mm and 20mm are the length of the screw the m3 is the thread measurement.

those will work perfect. 18mm and 20mm are the length of the screw the m3 is the thread measurement.

Cheers!

But, if 20mm were for the new gear, what were the 18mm ones for?
Just in case?

simonwicks said:

Cheers!

Just in case?

I purchased the 18mm ones and they fit fine. my local hardware store did not have enough 20mm screws in stock. so I took a chance on the 18mm and they worked just fine..

I would also suggest buying blue Loctite thread lock, from the factory it is on the threads.. :mrgreen:

capodrone81 said:
simonwicks said:

Cheers!

Just in case?

I purchased the 18mm ones and they fit fine. my local hardware store did not have enough 20mm screws in stock. so I took a chance on the 18mm and they worked just fine..

I would also suggest buying blue Loctite thread lock, from the factory it is on the threads.. :mrgreen:

Bought some 20mm ones, and some blue Loctite :)
(slightly cheaper alternative - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thread-locker-M ... ds=loctite)

Has anyone bought the "White Strong & Flexible Polished" version of the Shapeways gear? I accidentally bought the non-Polished version and it works and looks just fine, but I wonder if the Polished version has a smoother finish to match the Phantom's shell better.

zE7nk7i.jpg

hey DPT sorry for late reply... here is what i did with the zip ties..

My Shapeways stuff has just arrived (to the UK), 9 days from ordering, not as bad as I was expecting it to be.
Just waiting on the screws now so I can fit it.

After more reading on other posts though, I've learned that the IRC 600 and the 32ch Black Pearl suck together.
Was all recommended as a good combo on the site I ordered it all from. Feel a bit bummed about that as probably going to have to replace the IRC now making that part pointless.

simonwicks said:
My Shapeways stuff has just arrived (to the UK), 9 days from ordering, not as bad as I was expecting it to be.

After more reading on other posts though, I've learned that the IRC 600 and the 32ch Black Pearl suck together.
Was all recommended as a good combo on the site I ordered it all from. Feel a bit bummed about that as probably going to have to replace the IRC now making that part pointless.

Why not replace the Black Pear 32ch with a 7ch version? That combo works fine. It's the IRC 600 and the Black Pearl 32 channel combo that has issues.

I have the IRC600 and BP 7ch...been flying 1000 meters consistently.

dptcalvin said:
simonwicks said:

Why not replace the Black Pear 32ch with a 7ch version? That combo works fine. It's the IRC 600 and the Black Pearl 32 channel combo that has issues.

I have the IRC600 and BP 7ch...been flying 1000 meters consistently.

It's been opened and used (the 3 flights I've actually made so far) so won't get a refund. I don't think they even stock the 7ch to buy or part exchange anyway. I could send it back and get a part refund and possibly find the 7ch somewhere else, but I'm still out of pocket whichever way I go.

The fact they offer a RTF FPV kit with a combo which flysight themselves say is sub par is annoying as I can't be the only person with a sucky experience who didn't do more research before buying.
I bought all the parts separate and put it all together myself (was cheaper), still all from them though.

just a quick question. did you try it? some members swear it won't work others say it may work some say it does work..

just try it cycle through the channels and see if you get a video picture from your vtx...

capodrone81 said:
just a quick question. did you try it? some members swear it won't work others say it may work some say it does work..

just try it cycle through the channels and see if you get a video picture from your vtx...

I get video so it's not completely useless, but it's constantly breaking up and grainy at the moment.
I need to try some different channel combos still, as seen ch1 or 2 are usually better. Not sure what it's currently on but as I have to take the plastic wrap off to fit it in the shapeways it makes channel changing easier.

I only have stock attennas too, not forked out for upgrades, but I've only flown <100mtrs distance and <30mtrs height so far and getting the break ups. I live in a city too which is what I was putting it down to before reading up more. But even with that close range I'd expect it to still be ok.

Anyway, we're derailing the thread here :)

thread is old anyways lol. at this point we are helping dpts view count :lol

try the channel thing but also spend some cash on clover leaf antennas. makes a huge difference. the stock whip antennas are garbage.

capodrone81 said:
thread is old anyways lol. at this point we are helping dpts view count :lol

try the channel thing but also spend some cash on clover leaf antennas. makes a huge difference. the stock whip antennas are garbage.

I've been holding fire on the FPVLR kit for now as I've only had time to take the thing out in the garden and a nearby small park. Can't justify even more cost right now if I'm not going to get a chance to make the most of it really. Wife's getting grumbly with what I've spent already! :) Plus if it's a bad combo of RX and TX I have anyway it's still not going to work to its full potential right? New attennas will help, but not as well as they could.

Probably should have played with the channels before cramming the IRC in the holder, that things probably never coming out again.. :shock:

Did you try changing the gopro from pal to ntsc or vice versa? My black pearl showed the iosd info but was real grainy until I changed the settings on the gopro

robb01 said:
Did you try changing the gopro from pal to ntsc or vice versa? My black pearl showed the iosd info but was real grainy until I changed the settings on the gopro

They're both set to NTSC. Haven't tried PAL.

So my 20mm screws came today. And they're too long I think. The one at the front is pretty much all the way screwed in, the one at the back is only partially in, if I go all the way it'll be too close to the ESC for my liking. So I'm going to have to order some 18mm ones now. My bird is in pieces after having to disconnect everything, won't be flying this weekend it looks like as I can't be arsed putting everything back in, and the IRC is stuck in the shapeways piece anyway!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426101872.219642.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426101872.219642.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 366
Was expecting a sleeker fit as well :/

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426102322.315108.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426102322.315108.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 368
i just ordered some dji part no 4 replacement legs for vision + as well as the antistatic leg ..

I'm hoping the pic you just posted wishing for a sleeker fit will be resolved once i install the newer vision plus legs to my non vision p2...fingers crosses..

good call on checking the depth of the 20mm screws.. scary close to circuit board. might want to grab some m3 16mm x8 and some m3 18mm x8 this way you can check to see which you like best and avoid any further flying disruptions....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl