Do I have a warranty case?

I don't think you have a warranty case! It's impossible for any company (other than SquareTrade currently through B&H) to warrant against crashing.

Of course that does not mean you shouldn't try! You may get the 30% off a new one offer - and then you can sell some parts of your old one if they let you keep it.

Of course there is a whole 'nother conversation about where you were flying, danger to the public below, etc. - the only part which is valid here is that only very conservative flying is likely to keep the bird in your hands for the long run.
Well said and lesson learned.... the hard way...

I think you answered your own question when you flew behind and object purposly. The craft did as was designed. The signal goes away behind trees, buildings and other solid object. Sorry for you loss. But it was pilot error that caused the crash. Sorry !

I personally would try to repin the connector. As far as the camera glass being smashed (if nothing else is bent) maybe just buy a filter kit and replace the screw on part. Maybe DJI has the replacement lens. It just screws off. If the camera is good you just need to buy a new harness if you cant repin the existing one.

Sounds fixable to me. Got pics?

I personally would try to repin the connector. As far as the camera glass being smashed (if nothing else is bent) maybe just buy a filter kit and replace the screw on part. Maybe DJI has the replacement lens. It just screws off. If the camera is good you just need to buy a new harness if you cant repin the existing one.

Sounds fixable to me. Got pics?

Yeah I was messing with it until the early morning hours. I got the pins back in and everything. It did the gyro when powering up... However something is definitely off track. There are grinding sounds and constant adjustment of the camera... I also noted there is not feed to my iPhone. "No Signal" displays across the top. I disconnected the gimbal and the copter flies fine without the camera... Worse comes to worse, I could buy another gimbal and camera? Anyone know where to find that?

You have no chance of this being a warranty case.. You're lucky no one was struck by the falling bird. FPV in the country is one thing but around large buildings you must be kidding.

If you were operating with a license/permit etc you would change the failsafe to "hover", so if you lost connection it would hover until you could find a vantage point to reconnect from.

Also you might want to check your legal height.. you've broken a couple of important guidelines, you may want to read the manual and the legal requirements expected of you as a UAV "pilot".

I hope you learn from this.

Last edited:
Reactions: envisionabove
I'm having an issue with DJI also
My P3 upon auto takeoff, it decided to veer to the right and crash to the floor from about 4 feet.
I had safe to fly displayed and VPS was on.
However having sent it back to DJI, they say they cannot find the information of the crash from the DAT files retrieved from the aircraft.
They said files 001-0012 are missing?

Very strange considering the SD card was not full. They. Mentioned as it would have automatically deleted files to make way for new data.

Still awaiting outcome.

I'm having an issue with DJI also
My P3 upon auto takeoff, it decided to veer to the right and crash to the floor from about 4 feet.
I had safe to fly displayed and VPS was on.
However having sent it back to DJI, they say they cannot find the information of the crash from the DAT files retrieved from the aircraft.
They said files 001-0012 are missing?

Very strange considering the SD card was not full. They. Mentioned as it would have automatically deleted files to make way for new data.

Still awaiting outcome.

OP is not having an issue with DJI, the p3 actually responded as it should.

In your case Ive heard the dat files do get corrupt on the p3 but there may be a backup stored on your phone/tablet, the process to access them is different depending on whether its android or apple device. Check the threads for info on how to access it.

Btw the dat files are not stored on the sd card with which the p3 records video and pics to.

Ah! I sent the dat files to DJI which I had to extract from the aircraft but only assumed they were stored on a micro sd card.

Sorry to say but no way you have a claim as you clearly haven't read the manual or followed the guidelines in it.

Expecting to keep control behind a 300ft building is worrying.

Not knowing what RTH altitude is, or how to set it is also worrying.

If you fly again PLEASE read the manual first!

Sad loss. That sucks. But my god what were you doing flying in that area? No open area, but heaps of buildings, people? Not a very smart flight path. Another pilot who contributes to the negative press.

Can I remove the camera and it still connect and fly? Solution: simply replace the camera?

New camera? Yes it may be that simple and then again, maybe not. Internal damage on the bird is also possible. Sounds from the gimbal? Probably did damage the gimbal also. Cost of the replacement parts is around $600 US. Installation etc. $150.
Best way to determine extent of the damage is to send it back to DJI with a request for warranty coverage.

Please do not fly around people, buildings, etc. This is the #1 request. Safe environment for flying will keep this hobby from being regulated to death.

Good luck

I'm in the boat thinking that you don't have a warranty case, just a repair issue to deal with. Sure, give it a try but it sounds like it worked as designed. It's a hard lesson to learn for sure.

As for the video of the crash above - ouch. I can't believe the camera continued to record after that far of a free fall. I think that probably didn't have a warranty case either. :-/

I'm in the boat thinking that you don't have a warranty case, just a repair issue to deal with. Sure, give it a try but it sounds like it worked as designed. It's a hard lesson to learn for sure.

As for the video of the crash above - ouch. I can't believe the camera continued to record after that far of a free fall. I think that probably didn't have a warranty case either. :-/

GoPro falls from the clouds and still Go's

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl