Dji repair sent back wrong drone?

I understand your point but it's a drone not a car, most people don't care as long as it works.
With a drone, it's even more important that it be reliable and safe! I sure care, and I'm sure most do, too! I would not buy a drone that I knew had been crashed and repaired. I fly over salt water for at least 50% of each of my flights. A system failure because of a poor repair or an overlooked major hidden defect that won't show up until flight number 10 is unacceptable, when the aircraft replacement cost exceeds $1000 and the camera assembly alone is $699! :eek:

Reactions: KingDad1985
I have State Farm policy $50 and DJI Refresh so I'm covered this time if the drone is unrecoverable. My new Best Buy bird is amazing, no issues...When I get the bird back from DJI I will keep for back up or sell.

Here's a snippet from tonights FIreworks in Philadelphia..Camera settings are 4K 30fps Auto -

Very nice!

So I set my drone in because the fan stopped working in the gimbal it was received and then went through the process where it said repaired tested etc. and they ship it back to me total of about three weeks.

Today I open the package and I have a drone with a different serial number that has the camera off center to the left when my drone didn't have a problem is this a mistake or are they sending refurbished for warranty repair what do I do???

Three weeks wasted. My drone was in perfect condition and worked great. Now I have an off center camera. So far.

By the way they had my drone for 10 days before sending this wrong one.

Brian

Here's the deal, Brian. Regardless of the age or flight hours on your drone, they will always send you back a USED, PREVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE Replacement BUT, "Good As New" drone and it is "piggybacked" on the original drone SO, if your drone went bad and it was at the end of its 6 month warranty, the USED replacement drone will have what's left on your original warranty... Worse yet, if something goes wrong with the replacement drone, THERE IS NO WARRANTY.

Here's the deal, Brian. Regardless of the age or flight hours on your drone, they will always send you back a USED, PREVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE Replacement BUT, "Good As New" drone and it is "piggybacked" on the original drone SO, if your drone went bad and it was at the end of its 6 month warranty, the USED replacement drone will have what's left on your original warranty... Worse yet, if something goes wrong with the replacement drone, THERE IS NO WARRANTY.
This is exactly what happened.. I made the original send in just under the warranty wire....so now no warranty thus they tried to charge me for repair to the piece of junk they sent me. They are just taking bad returned drones and turning them around without any refurbing or testing...wonder how many they will send before I get a working one.

You mean your drone doesn't record sound?

If you're being serious I added the sound in post

I am being serious. It sounds like it was recorded while the video was taken - everything syncs up really well. If you did that in post, you did an amazing job!

I have been waiting 3 weeks. Now I am worried about what I will get
You should be..it's the same story everywhere...Here is an AUSTRALIAN customer they've sent 4 used bad drones....3 months no bird.
jfwfn.jpg

I am being serious. It sounds like it was recorded while the video was taken - everything syncs up really well. If you did that in post, you did an amazing job!
In all honesty I cut a piece of firework sounds and pasted...fireworks are easy as they all sound the same and there is always a delay from seeing and hearing because of distance..I got lucky!

Well what a day. All I can say is I'm 56 years old and never have I experienced anything like this. As many of you know this all started 3 weeks ago when I sent my perfect P4P in for service. Fan stopped working in the gimbal. Otherwise perfect. I have owned P3, P3P, three P'4s and P4P and I have never ever sent for service. I've also put DJI Care and then Refresh on every bird. So, when I had to part with the P4P to repair I went ordered a new P4P from B&H as I didn't want to be without a drone. I figured when my bird came back I'd sell the temp bird for a little less then I paid. Well a couple days after buying it it drops out of the air for an unknown reason and is unrecoverable. Back and fourth with DJI on that and its NO on Warranty No on DJI refresh...tough luck but that's another thread on here.

Today my beloved P4P arrives, all week I looked forward to it arriving from California. I open it seconds off the UPS truck and first thing I notice, my FAA sticker isn't there. Then a quick glance of the serial on the bird and oh boy it isn't my bird. I called DJI and got pretty much nowhere. At one point I was promised a supervisor and then was on hold, #2 in the queue for 1 hour 15 min and the phone goes dead. Basically from the 10 calls I made, they decided my P4P was not repairable, even though the timeline said for 8-9 days, repairing, repaired flight test etc...so they sent me what they are calling a drone of greater or equal value. Well it was a used drone, surely not any refurb. It was dirty and used. Also first thing I notice when starting is the sideways gimbal...hmm. Well guess what, it needs to go back. I said let me do some calibration and fly it and see what gives..well I got the camera straightened a little bit but when I flew the camera was working independent of me. When I'd accelerate the horizon had severe tilt, then when I stopped the camera would slowly creep to level over a few seconds as I sat there and watched...then I throttle and crooked. Also sometimes when I'd let off throttle I'd have the whole camera thing I forget what it's called but the camera flips and it looks like your crashing. One of the biggest issues is language barrier, I couldn't understand them and they me. For instance one exchange was : ME - I sent my drone for repair and you sent me a different drone and that one isn't working right. DJI - Oh so we sent back your repaired drone and it was repaired right? You want to pull your hair out.

Finally after more calls I get someone that's going to create a case for the drone to go back. They do so but no shipping label...so then I'm thinking I'm gonna send this back and this is the ONE time they will probably return the same beaten down replacement back to me. So I went to BB and bought a brand new P4P and whenever they send me a suitable replacement I will just sell it and be done with this craziness.

Few things I learned.
1. There is NO WAY they are testing or refurbing the units. This drone had the original November firmware installed. You could easily see the crooked camera idling and flying.
2. DJI Refresh is a waste of money for the most part. If this is indicative of what they send you as a replacement and the down time incurred your better off seeking other insurance.
3. I've never had a worse customer service experience in my life. I don't intend to ever again. If I had to do this over again I should have bought a new drone from DJI, removed fan from it and returned it to them. Let them suffer as we have.

So, I'll let you know in 3-4 weeks what if anything they send me back.
Sorry to hear about your issues with DJI. I got a chuckle out of this post as it was so reminiscent of my recent experience with my P3P. :(
I'm a couple years older have sent hundreds of items in for warranty repair (gadget nut & computer store owner). I can honestly say my experience with DJI was the worst in my lifetime as well.
I received someone else's Bird back that vibrates excessively, with their SD card in it. Complete with video they shot! It seems to work ok, after paying a ransom to have the camera repaired when I sent it in for a cracked shell.
When this one dies my DJI days are over as I don't need the hassle or expense!
DJI makes a decent product, I just not willing to put up with their service games.

Reactions: Gulfstream
i've bought referred items before cameras phones they always come wrapped up in a box with a nice unit that you can't even tell is in brand-new DJI is simply sitting there putting return drones into boxes and shipping on the customers without even looking at them obviously they weren't return for no reason it's bad

Same story with my P3S a few months ago. Finally got a "new" not refurb'd bird. But it was not fun. Learned a lot during that experience especially the warranty disparity issues. "This component is still covered, but this one isn't" please send $300 for repairs, etc.

Here's the funny part...they give you this crap about 3-6 days to test the drone after "repair" which is odd since all they are doing is throwing another drone in a box...

bbbxx.jpg

Sorry to hear about your issues with DJI. I got a chuckle out of this post as it was so reminiscent of my recent experience with my P3P. :(
I'm a couple years older have sent hundreds of items in for warranty repair (gadget nut & computer store owner). I can honestly say my experience with DJI was the worst in my lifetime as well.
I received someone else's Bird back that vibrates excessively, with their SD card in it. Complete with video they shot! It seems to work ok, after paying a ransom to have the camera repaired when I sent it in for a cracked shell.
When this one dies my DJI days are over as I don't need the hassle or expense!
DJI makes a decent product, I just not willing to put up with their service games.
What's the alternative???

That is the status I am at right now. Just keeping my fingers crossed that all will end well

What's the alternative???

I am looking at Independent Repair Facility's here in L.A. next week. I've come across one that appears to be solid and reputable. Hopefully that will give me the piece of mind for service/repairs without the need for DJI.

Next, I've got a good combination of FW and App version that works well for me - So I got a dedicated device, locked it all down in regards to updates, and installed a firewall to prevent the app from calling home unless I want it to.

Lastly, with all that done, I'll be using Litchi a great deal more.

Yeah it's pretty bad people would pay for warranty repairs just so they didn't have to send drone to dji. I tried but couldn't find a fan

Independent Authorized DJI Repair Facilities like auto dealerships, do not charge for warranty repairs, and the two I have spoken with so far have a better labor rate than DJI when you DO have to write the check.

Independent Authorized DJI Repair Facilities like auto dealerships, do not charge for warranty repairs, and the two I have spoken with so far have a better labor rate than DJI when you DO have to write the check.
I don't know about the U.S. or.... but in Canada "Independant Authorized DJI Repair Facilities" do not do warranty work for DJI.
Having said that if I needed a part I'd go to my local authorized repair shop and buy it from them. Some how I doubt they would have just a fan and one would need to purchase the said camera module or pull a fan from a known dead unit.

the ups tracking says my p4p will be at dji wed.
wonder what kind of surprises I will be in for?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT