Dji repair sent back wrong drone?

I understand your point but it's a drone not a car, most people don't care as long as it works.

They do, I just used my 2nd DJI Care thing and I entered the original copter's serial # even though it wasn't, it was the replacement. I guess they keep track of them or just don't care cause they'll give you two replacement's regarless then after that your SOL,
Well even if I get past the replacement thing my camera is pointing to the left...They want me to send it back and they will send me another used bird. Yes used..this isn't a refurb. This has wear and tear visible. I asked him if they even bother to turn it on and they'd see the gimbal was incorrectly aligned he said not all replacements are tested!!!

Well even if I get past the replacement thing my camera is pointing to the left...They want me to send it back and they will send me another used bird. Yes used..this isn't a refurb. This has wear and tear visible. I asked him if they even bother to turn it on and they'd see the gimbal was incorrectly aligned he said not all replacements are tested!!!
This sucks , it takes almost two weeks just for shipping coast to coast.:(

This sucks , it takes almost two weeks just for shipping coast to coast.:(
Correct....he kept telling me I'd get PRIORITY REPAIR this time and I asked what that means, he said one week in shop. I said that's 3 weeks I'm without drone, what about 2 day air shipping...nope

So you paid for refresh and got a refurb! I would so take this all the way up the food chain at DJI!!

What does the serial number tell you about it when you go here...

DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

Here ya go. The replacement drone I was sent....wonder how many other owners RETURNED IT

Your (0AXDDB70A20660) was manufactured on Monday, November, 7th 2016

Wow to add insult to injury check out the firmware onboard.....how they hell can they call this a refurb?

Aircraft Firmware : V 01.01.0201 I believe this is original if not close to original firmware.

I would not waste time doing anything!! If you got a drone older than what you set in they owe you one the same. Fight it! Get CC company involved if you bought it directly from DJI.

Bkushner I wish you luck with DJI, does not sound good. I had a P4 that stopped transmitting video. Two months old and only about 10 flights on it as it was a backup.

It has taken a while but I sent it to DJI under warranty and they said that they would replace the camera and gimbal at no cost.

It is on its way back and it I have a UPS tracking number. The document they emailed me with the UPS tracking number shows the same serial number as the drone I sent. Has anyone received the drone they sent back repaired as opposed to a different one?

I will be sending my 3 month old drone back tomorrow via UPS. Mine just fail 50 metres from the sky, where no collision was involved. I had updated the DJI go app the day before. Mine is so badly damaged I expect to get a refurbished one or new if I'm lucky. Did you send the RC back as well or just the drone

The instructions they sent said to send the RC as well. Both the RC and aircraft had stickers on them so I will have no problem telling if they are the originals.

Each case is different for what you have to send in. Mine it was just the P4P and nothing else. I took out the battery and the SD card and only shipped back the P4P. The email or chat should have made it very clear what to send them. If it didn't ask them. As far as a sticker to know what you sent into them why not write down what the serial numbers are?

I'm in hold now for 30 minutes waiting for supervisor. They don't even show what they sent me. Support says the serial number is inactive. So I can't even send this back at this point. Something wrong with camera. Getting camera movement on its own. Real bad tilted horizontal that corrects on its own after I stop flying. You can see the camera slowly correct while you wait. Insanity. They don't want to deal with the replacement because they don't show the replacement being active.

This place is so bad. So
ffc26a94f699ea50e47a6901f77f6e3a.jpg
so bad.

Each case is different for what you have to send in. Mine it was just the P4P and nothing else. I took out the battery and the SD card and only shipped back the P4P. The email or chat should have made it very clear what to send them. If it didn't ask them. As far as a sticker to know what you sent into them why not write down what the serial numbers are?

I have the serial numbers recorded. The stickers were the identifying information required to be on a UAV in Canada, and a couple of stickers for show on the controller. They could not be easily peeled off and reused, so I should be able to tell at a glance if they sent the same equipment back, before checking the serial numbers, which I will in any event.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94