DJI Phantom 3 Pro Now Only $799.00

I ordered mine on Thursday March 10 at 2:00pm, it shipped Friday March 11 at 11am, i got it on Saturday March 12 by 1pm!!! Wow!
Looked brand new, box sealed! The charger looked like it was possibly used, you could see a few very slight marks, but maybe from factory testings idk...not a big deal at all, works great!
First flight got 13,352 ft, then turned around , didn't want to mess with distance too much on first flight. Had to do all firmware updates, charge batteries, etc, that took some time.
The only thing is i can't get the **** gimbal to level straight.. tried gimbal auto calibration and IMU calibration, still very noticeably off...
Other than that, very happy with this deal, P3Pro is amazing! Compared to my P3S. I can just go out and enjoy flying without having to worry about constantly losing signal etc.

IMG_1213.JPG IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1231.JPG IMG_1238.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1247.JPG

Reactions: LamboH and Lefty63
Only difference I saw from my new p3p and my old p3p was the sd cards they came with

Too is the sd that came with my bird bought 12-13-15 and bottoms is from the eBay deal 03/11:2016

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 412
Reactions: SZNJ732
I'm glad i got mine from BB for $999 with free battery.
Yeah about $50-60 more, but it came with 45 days return info and tax free in Delaware.

However this 799 deal is amazing, i saw it last month when they started selling them at $799.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrived Atl today to open my long awaited P1 upgrade. Sealed box, everything with protective wrapper on it. Most clutch purchase I've made since the 2 for £4 Easter egg deal tesco had on about a month ago. The build quality of everything is so much more solid. And I was satisfied with the P1 at the time to be honest. Can't wait to get this in the air tomorrow! Buy buy buy!

Reactions: LamboH
I believe it was over 500 units. I'm waiting for the price to drop to $699.
I just rejoined the P3 flyers after the taking winter off. B&H Used department had P3 Pro for 659 shipped. They've had at least 1 of these a day and they usually go within the day. Sometimes they have straight open box (Carries full DJI warranty whatever it's worth) for 699 or 749 now. I've bought about 10 drones from them now and all of have been brand new or lightly used. None were flown more than 10 times according to flight data.

I ordered mine on Thursday March 10 at 2:00pm, it shipped Friday March 11 at 11am, i got it on Saturday March 12 by 1pm!!! Wow!
Looked brand new, box sealed! The charger looked like it was possibly used, you could see a few very slight marks, but maybe from factory testings idk...not a big deal at all, works great!
First flight got 13,352 ft, then turned around , didn't want to mess with distance too much on first flight. Had to do all firmware updates, charge batteries, etc, that took some time.
The only thing is i can't get the **** gimbal to level straight.. tried gimbal auto calibration and IMU calibration, still very noticeably off...
Other than that, very happy with this deal, P3Pro is amazing! Compared to my P3S. I can just go out and enjoy flying without having to worry about constantly losing signal etc.

View attachment 47225 View attachment 47226 View attachment 47227 View attachment 47228 View attachment 47229 View attachment 47230 View attachment 47233
Well going 13k first flight is kinda of wild.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yea it was odd but my name and address was on the package. It was still outside on their porch smh
Fed ex is at fault. I guess. Indirect signature Anyone can sign , even FedEx lol
So you got it. Cool

View attachment 47225 View attachment 47226 View attachment 47227 View attachment 47228 View attachment 47229 View attachment 47230 View attachment 47233

Level gimbal can be a real problem. My original P3P version 1 everything I bought last year at release would never stay level. It went to DJi twice for that reason and both times DJi did not fix it. It was the only thing wrong with it.

I know you just got it but it might bother you more and more as time goes on.

Get on a completely level surface and do your firmware updates first. Update all the firmware, P3P first then Controller etc. Then on that same level surface do a cold IMU calibration followed by an immediate gimbal calibration. Then go to wherever your gonna test fly it and do a compass calibration then test fly it.

I'd try this maybe 3 times or so. If it doesn't level out then you have a decision to make. I could never really get over it so I sold it with the buyer aware of the slight level issue. You might try the warranty route first though maybe a couple times like me.

Level gimbal can be a real problem. My original P3P version 1 everything I bought last year at release would never stay level. It went to DJi twice for that reason and both times DJi did not fix it. It was the only thing wrong with it.

Get on a completely level surface and do your firmware updates first. Update all the firmware, P3P first then Controller etc. Then on that same level surface do a cold IMU calibration followed by an immediate gimbal calibration. Then go to wherever your gonna test fly it and do a compass calibration then test fly it.

I'd try this maybe 3 times or so. If it doesn't level out then you have a decision to make. I could never really get over it so I sold it with the buyer aware of the slight level issue. You might try the warranty route first though maybe a couple times like me.

I would contact seller and do an exchange. He does take returns get it returned before he runs out

Funny how most of us did not keep standard long. I loved it an all. But the range of pro was overwhelming. Also the 4K video. I put my standard on eBay. Can't believe so far over $400 on the bids. Hope they pay.

I will try and sell mine later on, the standard was a good bird to sharpen ones flying skills, the P3P should be awesome!

Thank you, I’m gonna try this again and see if it works...
After I did the firmware update, I got a “IMU error” message.
So I did the IMU calibration, but I guess it wasn’t cold enough ( I thought it was, I let it sit outside for about 30 min).
But now when I start it up, it takes at least 3 minutes for the IMU to warm up and “safe to fly” message to come up. So now I gotta do it again.
Maybe I will leave it in the basement overnight and do it in the morning. The weather is getting warmer here so I gotta hurry up and do it soon.
Its seem like camera rolls back to uneven level, even after gimbal auto-calibration.. I have no idea way.
I had the same issue with my P3S. It had gotten a little better after some time , but never went away, and shows up every other flight… Very annoying.
It seems like DJI doesn’t think anything of it, so if I send it to them for warranty repairs, they probably just gonna put it back in the box and ship it back to me, and say ‘ yeah yeah we fixed it’ …

So you bought a new one after selling the old P3P? Did you have the same problem or was it all good the 2nd time?

vlcsnap-2016-03-15-23h27m11s540.png vlcsnap-2016-03-15-23h31m37s198.png vlcsnap-2016-03-15-23h32m20s814.png

Last edited:
Well going 13k first flight is kinda of wild.

Yeah now that im thinking, that wasn’t my best idea.. but at that time I was really excited! I was just happy to finally fly after doing all the firmware updates, chargers, etc… I did let it hover for a little bit and took it nice n easy at first.. Just to see if all systems were OK, and then I just went for it. I figured it’s a “PRO” so what could possibly go wrong? Lol.
I wanted to see how far I could get… Next thing I was like at 10K’ . And honestly I wasn’t nervous at all, because I was like now I have two birds, if I happen to lose one, I still got my Standard, so I won’t be bird-less for any period of time lol…

Funny how most of us did not keep standard long. I loved it an all. But the range of pro was overwhelming. Also the 4K video. I put my standard on eBay. Can't believe so far over $400 on the bids. Hope they pay.

You know ebay will charge you a fee for posting the listing, and Paypal like another 20% to receive the payment from the buyer... Thats like $80 on a $400 sale. Plus you gotta pay shipping. Unless you charge the buyer for it. Ebay & PayPal is a ripoff! They eat all the profits! I sold a xbox-one on ebay last year and lost money after all fees were paid!

Could this camera out of level issue be the same as was experienced with the P2V+? That was a matter of taking the back cover off of the camera and then realigning.

Thank you, I’m gonna try this again and see if it works...
After I did the firmware update, I got a “IMU error” message.
So I did the IMU calibration, but I guess it wasn’t cold enough ( I thought it was, I let it sit outside for about 30 min).
But now when I start it up, it takes at least 3 minutes for the IMU to warm up and “safe to fly” message to come up. So now I gotta do it again.
Maybe I will leave it in the basement overnight and do it in the morning. The weather is getting warmer here so I gotta hurry up and do it soon.
Its seem like camera rolls back to uneven level, even after gimbal auto-calibration.. I have no idea way.
I had the same issue with my P3S. It had gotten a little better after some time , but never went away, and shows up every other flight… Very annoying.
It seems like DJI doesn’t think anything of it, so if I send it to them for warranty repairs, they probably just gonna put it back in the box and ship it back to me, and say ‘ yeah yeah we fixed it’ …

So you bought a new one after selling the old P3P? Did you have the same problem or was it all good the 2nd time?

P3P was bought first, had the level issue as noted. P3A was bought a couple months later, it has never had a level issue and has been 100% rock solid. So I just have the P3A now and a P4 showing up Thursday.

For the cold IMU calibration just use the refrigerator. Take the battery out and props off. Get your controller ready with the tablet on it and cabled up. Get your level platform ready, use a bubble level or something like that.

Put the P3 in the fridge (not freezer, fridge) for 15 minutes. It doesn't need to be in there any longer than that. Turn on your Controller and go into the GO App and have it at the ready. Take the P3 out insert the battery place it on the level surface then turn on the P3. As quick as you can go into the Camera from the Controller and get to and do the IMU calibration. Sit while it's doing it and at the end when you get the success message go into your gimbal do and an immediate gimbal calibration.

Turn the P3 off and and let it warm up to room temperature. Turn everything on after that like you would for a normal flight and you should at least notice the warm up times will be drastically reduced if not eliminated. I don't ever really see the warm up message anymore.

On a side note, I like to be as methodical as I can and I even do my firmware upgrades and downgrades on a level surface as well. Anytime I do any firmware work on the P3 itself I always follow it up with a cold IMU then gimbal calibration as I described above.

Then whenever time permits I head out to my flying area to do the compass calibration away from strong magnetic fields or large metal objects. Then I test fly the P3. Constant compass calibrations aren't needed. I just do them after firmware or IMU calibrations really. But even IMU calibrations aren't really needed unless you suspect issues. I haven't really had any with the P3A so I just do them after firmware upgrades.

Could this camera out of level issue be the same as was experienced with the P2V+? That was a matter of taking the back cover off of the camera and then realigning.

I think it's a little more involved than the P2V+ but I'm not familiar with that bird. DJi never tells you what they fixed or how they fixed your issue when you send it in to them.

I sent it in and had the same level issue plus they somehow installed the ribbon cable in a way where it was binding and making a crinkly noise when you moved it side to side. So I RMA's it again telling them it's still not level and the ribbon cable is mechanically binding somewhere. Showed them the YouTube video of the binding.

The rep then asked me if I did a gimbal calibration. I put my head down and shook it. I couldn't believe that question. I told her the ribbon cable is mechanically binding against something. What would a gimbal calibration do to resolve that. She didn't say anything and told me to send it in.

I got it back and the binding was resolved but the gimbal still had a level issue. No mas, I was done. I sold it for dirt cheap before the price decrease by DJi.

Sold my standard on craigslist, got asking price of $400 within a week of posting. I was thinking of ebay but the fees would cut down on the sale big time. Lots of lowballers on craigslist but even now I"m still getting offers of full price (I need to take my ad down lol).

P3P was bought first, had the level issue as noted. P3A was bought a couple months later, it has never had a level issue and has been 100% rock solid. So I just have the P3A now and a P4 showing up Thursday.

For the cold IMU calibration just use the refrigerator. Take the battery out and props off. Get your controller ready with the tablet on it and cabled up. Get your level platform ready, use a bubble level or something like that.

Put the P3 in the fridge (not freezer, fridge) for 15 minutes. It doesn't need to be in there any longer than that. Turn on your Controller and go into the GO App and have it at the ready. Take the P3 out insert the battery place it on the level surface then turn on the P3. As quick as you can go into the Camera from the Controller and get to and do the IMU calibration. Sit while it's doing it and at the end when you get the success message go into your gimbal do and an immediate gimbal calibration.

Turn the P3 off and and let it warm up to room temperature. Turn everything on after that like you would for a normal flight and you should at least notice the warm up times will be drastically reduced if not eliminated. I don't ever really see the warm up message anymore.

On a side note, I like to be as methodical as I can and I even do my firmware upgrades and downgrades on a level surface as well. Anytime I do any firmware work on the P3 itself I always follow it up with a cold IMU then gimbal calibration as I described above.

Then whenever time permits I head out to my flying area to do the compass calibration away from strong magnetic fields or large metal objects. Then I test fly the P3. Constant compass calibrations aren't needed. I just do them after firmware or IMU calibrations really. But even IMU calibrations aren't really needed unless you suspect issues. I haven't really had any with the P3A so I just do them after firmware upgrades.

Thank you! im going to try this tomorrow.. Hopefully it will take care of the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka