DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

jetlag said:
Ok I have only updated the vision app thus far and hesitant to update the firmware. My P2V+ flies great as it is. I have thought of buying the new TX and not worry about the lever that can be attached to the rear of the TX. If I do this, will the upgrade work as advertised? lol it sounds crazy but I am hearing so much differing opinions here on what works and what doesn't, I am hesitant to make the upgrade. All I really care is to have the gimbal control from the TX as opposed to the app. I am not interested in the bigger motors or props. Anything else beyond that can wait. I am looking at either learning to build a bigger quad, or wait for the so called Triumph and be done with it. Thanks for any and all insight. :?

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." (Willy Wonka

tmwsiy said:
was anyone able to successfully update their batteries? I tried with both Mac & PC software- neither seemed to do anything to the batteries.

Use the 3.2 Assistant

tmwsiy said:
was anyone able to successfully update their batteries? I tried with both Mac & PC software- neither seemed to do anything to the batteries.

Yes, you have to go back to firmware version 3.2 which can be gotten on the DJI support page. Plug in the Phantom thru the USB connection and allow the software to update each battery you have. After that you can uninstall 3.2 and start using the latest firmware (3.4)

brianlu365 said:
my nexus 7 is not compatible with the new app! That sux.

update:
nvm. there is a url on google app store. you can download and install it!

I really hate to trouble you with this... and I'm SO happy that you're all set and was able to find the download. But... If it wouldn't be entirely too much to ask...

Could you enlighten us regarding said "url"???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you ever so much...
-slinger

AnselA said:
gunslinger said:
Could you enlighten us regarding said "url"???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"...you can download the apk in mobilephone browser with the url http://m.dji.net/djivision"

http://www.droneslinger.com/software/DJ ... 1.0.52.apk

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks... but I've already figured it out, have it installed and it's readily available at http://www.droneslinger.com/software/DJ ... 1.0.54.apk :D

-slinger

Mako79 said:
Geert said:
Mako79 said:
With the Follow me RTH, does it land directly on your smart phone/device assuming that GPS accuracy is less than 20cm?
Also, when home lock is triggered, is fwd the direction your device is facing?

Sorry about the (dumb) questions.. its 1am and i cant fly!!!

The dynamic home point works fine, if your phone or tablet has GPS. The Phantom will turn towards you when RTH is triggered.
If you see a green circle around the radar then this feature is available, if the circle is orange then it is not available.

Home lock on the S2 switch brings your Phantom back to you by pulling the right stick towards you. The Phantom will not turn towards you.

Geert./.

Understand both points..

Lets hyperthetically say you and i are having a chat and i place the transmitter smartphone attached to it on the table. RTH is triggered, will the phantom land on your device?

Lets hyperthetically say that you are walking with the dynamic home point on and flying with home lock. If you and your device turn 90 degrees, does it dynamically change the home lock flight direction? Will it now understand the new home point and that fwd is now a different angle? Maybe this doesnt affect flight method and only interested in home point co-ordinates for landing.

I guess i'll have to wait till sunlight to do some test...

It remembers where the phone last was when you initiated rth. Once rth is initiated, that home point is locked so if you move around, it will land where rth was initially started
tmwsiy said:
sorry for stupid question: do I need to do an update and power-cycle for each battery that I own?

Yes, each battery needs it's own update

deejay1947 said:
tmwsiy said:

Yes, you have to go back to firmware version 3.2 which can be gotten on the DJI support page. Plug in the Phantom thru the USB connection and allow the software to update each battery you have. After that you can uninstall 3.2 and start using the latest firmware (3.4)

awesome- thanks for the help! I appreciate it very much.

I've noticed on the new firmware if you battery is at like 97% and you plug it into charger and turn it on, the led indicator will go up.. indicating its charging.. and charge.
Previously it used to sit in the charger with all 4 green lights on.. and still charge I think..but now it charges and looks like its charging :p

Holding back seems to be paying off, as they are slowly fixing bugs.

I installed the new vision app 1.0.54 and now the camera gimbal works fine but no picture. the assistant software 3.2 shows an update for the firmware. Next it shows an update available for the p330Cb, what is this? It shows no update for the battery and an update for the ZEN IMU, again what is this update? :?:

jetlag said:
I installed the new vision app 1.0.54 and now the camera gimbal works fine but no picture. the assistant software 3.2 shows an update for the firmware. Next it shows an update available for the p330Cb, what is this? It shows no update for the battery and an update for the ZEN IMU, again what is this update? :?:

You need assistant 3.4 to do updates.

robinb said:
jetlag said:

Ok but I keep hearing on this same thread that you need 3.2 to do the batteries upgrade. Has that changed?

jetlag said:
robinb said:
jetlag said:

Ok but I keep hearing on this same thread that you need 3.2 to do the batteries upgrade. Has that changed?

yes the 3.4 was released again with the modification to do batteries

Anyone figured out how the new battery features work?

Geert said:
jetlag said:

p330Cb is the same as Central Board.
With the new released version you should be able to update the battery as well.
They released V3.04 2 days ago but they probably noticed that the battery could not be updated in this version, so yesterday they released a new V3.04 but without telling anybody. With this version it is possible to update the battery.
Try to download it again and install the Assistant software again.

Geert./.

Thank you Geert, I downloaded to the latest firmware and also the p330cb. I went to the dji web site and downloaded ver 3.4 of the assistant, maybe i am in the wrong site as I still see no feature in assistant to upgrade the batt. Happily my camera is back and working great, yes!! I also have a ZEN IMU update waiting. it says it has to do with the new TX support. Can I update now and still keep my current TX operational? I did order the new TX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart