DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

Meta4 said:
So how do you upgrade when this is what Assistant shows?
i-6F8BZWN-L.jpg

Seems to be more than one way to do some things with old and new versions, but for me double click on top of " new version available" then it will advise you from there

With the Follow me RTH, does it land directly on your smart phone/device assuming that GPS accuracy is less than 20cm?
Also, when home lock is triggered, is fwd the direction your device is facing?

Sorry about the (dumb) questions.. its 1am and i cant fly!!!

cellarboy said:
rbhamilton said:
Some of the features might be good but the new firmware stops the Limefuel battery from working (maybe others too?)

The Limefuel Battery doesn't work on 3.08? Of course it doesn't - I ordered one just last night....

Lol... me too.

RCF - DRONE said:
cellarboy said:
rbhamilton said:
Some of the features might be good but the new firmware stops the Limefuel battery from working (maybe others too?)

The Limefuel Battery doesn't work on 3.08? Of course it doesn't - I ordered one just last night....

Lol... me too.

It does work on 3.08. Just dont update the limefuel battery to 2.6.

So still nothing on all the new battery features eh?

"Positive current value indicates the battery is charging..."

I wonder how one can see in the Assistant the value of charging current when battery is connected to the charger?!

Attachments

• battery_status_display.jpg
    battery_status_display.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 396

Geert said:
Mako79 said:
With the Follow me RTH, does it land directly on your smart phone/device assuming that GPS accuracy is less than 20cm?
Also, when home lock is triggered, is fwd the direction your device is facing?

Sorry about the (dumb) questions.. its 1am and i cant fly!!!

The dynamic home point works fine, if your phone or tablet has GPS. The Phantom will turn towards you when RTH is triggered.
If you see a green circle around the radar then this feature is available, if the circle is orange then it is not available.

Home lock on the S2 switch brings your Phantom back to you by pulling the right stick towards you. The Phantom will not turn towards you.

Geert./.

Understand both points..

Lets hyperthetically say you and i are having a chat and i place the transmitter smartphone attached to it on the table. RTH is triggered, will the phantom land on your device?

Lets hyperthetically say that you are walking with the dynamic home point on and flying with home lock. If you and your device turn 90 degrees, does it dynamically change the home lock flight direction? Will it now understand the new home point and that fwd is now a different angle? Maybe this doesnt affect flight method and only interested in home point co-ordinates for landing.

I guess i'll have to wait till sunlight to do some test...

According to someone on RC Groups, you CAN turn off your camera on the P2V+.

Quoted from the guy on RC Groups..

eirlink: when updating your vision+ it asks you to turn off the camera....

To turn off your camera on vision+, you will need to press and hold the manual shutter button at the base of your gimbal for 2-3 seconds and the light will turn orange. That is how you turn off your camera.

(Page 161 in the topic named "DJI Phantom 2 Vision + ***Owners Thread***")

I'm holding back on updating for a while. Waiting for the bugs to die..

sorry for stupid question: do I need to do an update and power-cycle for each battery that I own?

tmwsiy said:
sorry for stupid question: do I need to do an update and power-cycle for each battery that I own?
Yes

Mako79 said:
Lets hyperthetically say that you are walking with the dynamic home point on and flying with home lock. If you and your device turn 90 degrees, does it dynamically change the home lock flight direction? Will it now understand the new home point and that fwd is now a different angle? Maybe this doesnt affect flight method and only interested in home point co-ordinates for landing.

As Geert said, the orientation of your phone or tablet doesn't matter. "Home lock" is relative only to your home position. It doesn't matter which way you (or the 'copter) are facing.

And the 'copter would land close to the phone if you sat it on a table and waited for the 'copter to return home. GPS is only accurate to a few feet. The 'copter uses GPS together with it's accelerometers to maintain position while hovering so it's pretty accurate. But, it can only use GPS for the RTH function and that's not as accurate.

-- Roger

OK, so I did the update with one of my batteries in: everything showed 'latest version' or 'no updates' when complete.

Power-cycled and added in second battery. It still shows 'latest version'/'no updates'.

Battery says Firmware 2.0.0.0

How do I update it? And if it already is: how did that happen? thanks for the help.

AnselA said:
tmwsiy said:

Never take battery out of P2 when it is ON!

Sometimes the auto land "feature" includes a battery auto eject feature... :-(

DKDarkness said:
AnselA said:
tmwsiy said:

Never take battery out of P2 when it is ON!

Sometimes the auto land "feature" includes a battery auto eject feature... :-(
:lol:

2 questions:

1. What does "200 g/axis" extra thrust actually mean? Does this mean I can load on an additional 200g of weight on the Phantom or 200g per motor (800g total) or per side (400g total)?

2. Do these new motors with new props translate to longer fly times, all things being equal?

3. Do the new motors with new props allow for greater speeds?

Ok I have only updated the vision app thus far and hesitant to update the firmware. My P2V+ flies great as it is. I have thought of buying the new TX and not worry about the lever that can be attached to the rear of the TX. If I do this, will the upgrade work as advertised? lol it sounds crazy but I am hearing so much differing opinions here on what works and what doesn't, I am hesitant to make the upgrade. All I really care is to have the gimbal control from the TX as opposed to the app. I am not interested in the bigger motors or props. Anything else beyond that can wait. I am looking at either learning to build a bigger quad, or wait for the so called Triumph and be done with it. Thanks for any and all insight. :?

was anyone able to successfully update their batteries? I tried with both Mac & PC software- neither seemed to do anything to the batteries.

"Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." (Willy Wonka)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers