DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

my nexus 7 is not compatible with the new app! That sux.

update:
nvm. there is a url on google app store. you can download and install it!

Perhaps a stupid question but is the auto discharge something we initiate ? and if so.. how ? Havn't seen anything in the app or Assistant sw to do that.. ?

knuckles said:
Anyone have more details on this part?

g) New auto-discharging feature to address the issue of fully charged battery swelled when it was stored for an extended period.
h) Battery cell damages detection feature added.
i) New battery cell balancing feature to extend battery life

Brianlu365: Check in 'settings'. It is a security feature; you have to give permission for certain apps to install. I had no problem.

Geert said:
ado said:
Does GPS need to be activated in the phone for the dynamic home point to work?
Does anything need to be changed in the phantom with wires for the 7th channel to work, or is it just to update firmware, and install 7th channel stick on remote controll and it works?

The phone or tablet you use, needs to have GPS inside. I didn't activated anything special, I am using iPhone 6+ for FPV and GPS is standard activated.
If you see a green circle around the radar on your DJI app then dynamic home point is available, if it shows orange then it is not available.
No need to change any wires if you installed the lever at the back of the controller.

Geert./.

Ok. Great, I am awaiting quickrelease from dronexpert.nl and the 7th channel lever is included in the quickrelease, but before this update there was needed to connect some extra wires in the phantom with some wires that also are included. Feels great that i can skip that part :) Looking forward to try out the new firmware, I just have to wait for the storm to calm down witch have been going on for more then one week.
TY for answer!

Well the apple version of assistant works but does NOT do the upgrade for me.

It shows no updates across the board (yes its 3.4), anyhow lucky i have a windows boot on my mac and I was able to do the upgrades via that.

I had to do the battery and zemu ones individually as they did not do in the first pass.

Ive just realised you can change the height of the 'return to home' feature. :oops:
Im assuming it was changed in an older firmware and not this one?

No, setting the RTH height is a new feature in 3.4. Just checked with 3.2 and the setting is not available there.

BTW: As for some users it seems possible to update the battery firmware with setup software 3.4 it would be interesting to know about the OS they are using.
I am using a Windows 7 PC and it doesn't work. Not even the usual text field right to the battery gets displayed, telling either "no update" or "update available".
Is this different for the Mac version?

Regards, Gerd

If you have more than one battery, remember to swap the batteries because you have to update each one individually

Greyfox51 said:
Brianlu365: Check in 'settings'. It is a security feature; you have to give permission for certain apps to install. I had no problem.

Can you elaborate on this please? "Settings" where? The iPhone app? Or PC assistant? And what other apps will install?

So can people confirm that after this upgrade aftermarket batteries are not working, limefuel, onbo etc?

mmn said:
flyNfrank said:
There is a new assistant download 3.4
Kinda weird that the Vision Assistant 3.2 info tab says no updates available, and you have to actually go to the website and download 3.4. Then you have both versions and have to manually uninstall 3.2!

What's weird is that I tried everything and couldn't open the 3.2 &3.4 it just crashes before opening on my Mac book pro I had to go back to 3.0 and then it showed me the updates and updated everything now question is that since the assistant is 3.0 I believe it won't show all the new options or would it?

Except when it shows this. !

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 08.25.10.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 08.25.10.png
    35 KB · Views: 317

Geert said:
saao said:
What's weird is that I tried everything and couldn't open the 3.2 &3.4 it just crashes before opening on my Mac book pro I had to go back to 3.0 and then it showed me the updates and updated everything now question is that since the assistant is 3.0 I believe it won't show all the new options or would it?

You can check your updates on the "Upgrade" tab

They should be like the picture below.

Geert./.

Yup that's what it shows on my side it's just that my assistant is 3.0 not 3.4 so the question is will I be able to see all options on the assistant being an older one?

Geert said:
Are you using Windows. Can't you install Assistant Software 3.04 ?
That is Assistant 3.4 - the latest version installed less than 24 hrs ago

Geert said:
Meta4 said:
Geert said:
Are you using Windows. Can't you install Assistant Software 3.04 ?
That is Assistant 3.4 - the latest version installed less than 24 hrs ago
So it looks fine, all updates are done except for the ZEN and the battery.
To update the battery you need to use the previous version Assistant Software.

Geert./.

What level should the battery be at? And why doesn't it show that it needs an update?

Thanks...
-slinger

To update battery its asking me to turn off the camera but leave the battery turned on, how do i do this??

Chamb0 FPV said:
To update battery its asking me to turn off the camera but leave the battery turned on, how do i do this??

If you have P2V, there's ON/OFF switch. If you have P2V+ just ignore the message.

i think new battery firmware is just dji's game. the main purpose of it is killing the non dji's battery softly :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik