Disappointed with FPV

640x480 only work up to App: v1.0.38 for Android and 1.0.37 for Ios...If you want it downgrade your app...

Yes paid on credit card so have this as a back up. If you modded should not make a difference as the issue is around the removal of a key feature in the software .

From memory it's in all the manuals and definitely in the original that I printed off and read every detail when I first got pv2

Just checked latest manual and it states clearly on page 54 that 640 x 480 is available !!!

Anyone know a way to obtain older iOS app it long is gone from my pc but if I could get the old app I would install old firmware and fix this problem

Ah... yes... slingers page only has the apks for Android. Gert MIGHT be able to help you...
viewtopic.php?t=19740&p=179673

However... be careful that you know exactly what you're after. It does appear that it's not the app that is limiting the FPV... it's actually the firmware.
Downgrade the firmware (using the Assistant versions on Slingers page) and chances are they'll work with the current app (of course, the battery meter and waypointing features won't)

isopro said:
You can always try to install https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fc1f9ab2 ... TDoRkOuv4k on your ipod and it gives you back 640x480x15fps, also gives you back fully working compass rose, faster load times... :)

This is a cracked version of DJI VIsion 1.0.32, took me hours to find this !
Enjoy
Posted this link to 1.0.32 that took me days to find, a while back, but you need a jailbroken device and third party software in your pc to install this cracked version of DJI Vision, i tested it during couple hours of flight before i upgrade to 3.0.6 and it works fine :)
It will give you back working compass rose/tilt angle indicator, and 640x480x15 fps.

Gahhhh! I thought I had this figured out. Guess not.
So it IS the old app that gives you 640x480, even with the 3.0.6 firmware?

ProfessorStein said:
Gahhhh! I thought I had this figured out. Guess not.
So it IS the old app that gives you 640x480, even with the 3.0.6 firmware?
The VIsion app is not really related to the Drone firmware, but more to the camera firmware, so yes it should work with 3.0.6(i tested with camera 1.1.18 and 1.1.19 and it worked 640x480x15), but don't expect ground station on 1.0.32...At least you get back compass rose, tilt indicator and higher resolution. Also camera firmware 1.1.18 seem to allow more range BUT create more heat inside the camera, i also downgraded camera with success...
Link to 1.1.18 firmware for camera :

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... rmware.zip

ProfessorStein said:
Ah... yes... slingers page only has the apks for Android. Gert MIGHT be able to help you...
viewtopic.php?t=19740&p=179673

However... be careful that you know exactly what you're after. It does appear that it's not the app that is limiting the FPV... it's actually the firmware.
Downgrade the firmware (using the Assistant versions on Slingers page) and chances are they'll work with the current app (of course, the battery meter and waypointing features won't)

I'll give this a try and report back. Will be interesting to see if the new app will work with the old firmware even if some features are not present. Thanks for this idea.

As I don't have jail broken phone the alternate method is a bit risky for me

Ok, so the consensus is that it will work with the 1.0.32 app? I don't seem to be able to find this version anywhere. (That is a version where you dont need a degree in computer science before it will work). Droneslinger only goes back as far as 1.0.36 unfortunately. I'll give that a try for nothing first. Any thoughts where I can get hold of a clean version of the 1.0.32 app would be greatly appreciated -Just tested 1.0.36 android app and it doesn't work at 640 res.

pencilcoil said:
Ok, so the consensus is that it will work with the 1.0.32 app? I don't seem to be able to find this version anywhere. (That is a version where you dont need a degree in computer science before it will work). Droneslinger only goes back as far as 1.0.36 unfortunately. I'll give that a try for nothing first. Any thoughts where I can get hold of a clean version of the 1.0.32 app would be greatly appreciated -Just tested 1.0.36 android app and it doesn't work at 640 res.

Did you back date the firmware before trying the older app?

pencilcoil said:
There is not such thing, as a way to install an old version of an App, that is no longer available in Apple store or that you did not backup the IPA file yourself. And even if you backed it up youself, to beable to share it, you must crack it, because apple apps are linked to your apple ID and encrypted based on that info until cracked...Also the the only way to see the diference between 640x480 and 320x240, is with outdoor lighting because else the low light conditions will compress the video to a point where it looks like 320x240...
If you don't have the brain power to jail break an iphone, and understand basic computing tasks including but not limited to installing cracked apps on a iphone(basic google searching), understanding how the VIsion Camera work, that the Drone is controlled by the RC control and not the Vision app, that the ground station use a virtual serial port to send coordinates, etc...
You should spend some days, weeks. learning before using a 1150g flying machine that you don't fully understand...

Get off your high horse, iso. Really. This matter has nothing to do with "fully understanding" the machine. This is such a niche issue, and such an uncommon solution, that you could know the Phantom inside and out and operate it expertly, but still not know what affects the FPV preview quality.

This is compounded by the fact that some people report that switching the phone app works and some report that it doesn't. And a general confusion of what someone means when they say "firmware" (main board firmware? Camera firmware?). Plus some folks are even reporting that 640x480 still works with a FULLY STOCK, updated Phantom. So I'm not convinced we really know WHAT is affecting the preview quality.

Add to that the hoops required to swap out an iOS app, which has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on whether you know your Phantom or not (and a user community here that seems to be at least 50% Android, anyway)... and it's easy to see why there are so many questions asked.

Tell you what, if you don't know how to fully rebuild the engine, computer systems, and drivetrain of your 2500 lb automobile, you shouldn't drive it. K?

isopro said:
pencilcoil said:
There is not such thing, as a way to install an old version of an App, that is no longer available in Apple store or that you did not backup the IPA file yourself. And even if you backed it up youself, to beable to share it, you must crack it, because apple apps are linked to your apple ID and encrypted based on that info until cracked...Also the the only way to see the diference between 640x480 and 320x240, is with outdoor lighting because else the low light conditions will compress the video to a point where it looks like 320x240...
If you don't have the brain power to jail break an iphone, and understand basic computing tasks including but not limited to installing cracked apps on a iphone(basic google searching), understanding how the VIsion Camera work, that the Drone is controlled by the RC control and not the Vision app, that the ground station use a virtual serial port to send coordinates, etc...
You should spend some days, weeks. learning before using a 1150g flying machine that you don't fully understand...

Well I had the brain power to mod the antennas and amps to get to over 4.8 km in range but because this is an odd set up and no one really knows what is controlling what it is a bit of a puzzle. Personally I don't want jail break phone.

Highcloud said:
isopro said:
pencilcoil said:

Well I had the brain power to mod the antennas and amps to get to over 4.8 km in range but because this is an odd set up and no one really knows what is controlling what it is a bit of a puzzle. Personally I don't want jail break phone.

Then stick with newest release, and hope DJI fix preview for Vision(non-plus) owners, some days. Did you mod this yourself by making your own home made antennas, or buyed premade kits and an extender, that you just have to install ?
Anyways what did you use to get 4.8km ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT