Disappointed with FPV

Reaction score
FPV preview quality limited to 320x240?

Greeting Everyone. Im new here and have owned my Vision for about 3 weeks now.I really like it. However, DJI claim that you can set 320x240 or 640 x 480 as the downlink video quality to your mobile device. That simply doesnt work on my Vision. I get 320 quality only, even if the transmitter and Phantom are 2 feet apart! Otherwise FPV works great all the way out to about 800 feet before breaking up, but only in 320 quality. Does anybody else have this issue. I can select the different qualities in the app, it just doesnt change the picture quality.I am using the latest android app on a galaxy S3 which has more than enough power. Any opinions greatly appreciated.

Re: FPV preview quality limited to 320x240?

Are you using the latest app update and all other firmware up to date?

Yep, all up to date. There is definitely no difference in fpv quality between the 2 settings. Any thoughts ?

Further to my earlier post about not getting more than 320 x 240 fpv quality on my vision. After exchanging several emails with dji technical I have been told that the vision is limited to 320 quality. Only the vision+ will do 640 x 480. Therefore changing the setting in the app has no effect. Were other phantom vision owners aware of this? Have we been misled?

Yea I got the same reply from them a few months back after update think it was 3.0 then but told them it was working fine on 640 x 480 before update but got no reply :?

Yea get same here getting piss off with this vision now and theses crap firmware update that don't work not only does it not connect to camera you get a drop in wifi range now :? It not reliable anymore I have spent weeks going up and down in firmwares and getting no were I am on 1.08 now as its the only one the works, well it will still freeze video sometimes it's all down to the camera firmware that's messing it up. The vision was all fine until I updated to 3.0 then it was all down hill after that :evil:

Was just checking there website and I was wrong it seem the camera firmware was not updated in last updates last time camera was updated was 20/1/14 so must be the app causing problems or central board ?

This is ridiculous. Their manual definitely refers to changing fpv quality. That is misleading their customers. I would have bought a vision+ if I had known that I would be limited to ultra low quality 320 fpv on the vision!

Omg, i just noticed that to, on the vision there's no difference between the 320x240 15 fps and 640x480 15 or 30 fps in video quality....
I wonder if an old version of the DJI Vision app would fix this issue...They clearly say in the manual that we should have 640x480 on the Vision and now there's no difference, so it is the Vision App, that only allow it for the VIsion+...Because i remember before 2 updates ago of the vision app i could see difference when changing preview quality...I think they probably add to nurf down the Vision settings because some of them add conflicts with the Vision+ settings...So we don't have complete compass rose anymore, no more 640x480...

We might just all got our way to a free upgrade to Vision+, because of false advertising...Who as a good lawyer for this case ^^ ?

Im not happy I can tell you. Wouldn't have bought the vision had I known this.....

Joeg1937 said:
And the Lawyer would do what? with a Chinese Co.
Maybe with the US branch...
It sucks so bad that they nurf the vision down in order to increase and force peoples to upgrade to Vision+...

Having spoken to DJI they confirm that the Vision doesnt support 640 x 480 fpv. Only reserved for the vision+ !!!

I merged the two threads since they were started by the same member and deal with the same issue. Please keep topics in one thread in the future. Thanks. :)

What can we do? Either sell up and buy a vision plus (playing into dji's hands and increasing sales) or put up with a product that doesn't do what we thought it did. :-(

Seems a bit too easy to get the 640x480x15fps has anyone else installed this and it's working?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers