Dear Phantom, I'm cheating on you.

Ha ha ha, looks like we all have some "affers", but nothing without our Phantom...

This is my x8 mini, built from scratches, all custom made... Powered by Naza 2...
Zenmuse H3+2D gimbal and Gopro 3+

ene8adu5.jpg

yse3aran.jpg

zaheruhu.jpg

With two Zippy 5000mah about 20 minutes flight time.
New much lighter arms are just in progress.

y6u5eva3.jpg

ubura2as.jpg

Stable like a rock ;-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

why would you want to put a gimbal on that? Does anyone know how to do rolls and flips?

d4ddyo said:
why would you want to put a gimbal on that? Does anyone know how to do rolls and flips?

This one is making some good money. It's for business!

Flips I do with small bumblebee...

Lastor said:
Some more pics!

yda3aved.jpg

erata3y3.jpg

ga9yguhy.jpg

amu4u6e4.jpg

That's nice quad. Must be noisy and nice and stable. But I wouldn't call this a mini H.

d4ddyo said:

Praticing... but I have a long way to go. That is what I built mine for though- demonic speed and wicked maneuverability for fpv in tighter and more interesting places. The footage from a well built mini (and you can smooth it out more by mounting the bat underneath to make the vibrations dampened but acro is sacrificed or different) is 2nd to none.

Hiway said:
d4ddyo said:

Praticing... but I have a long way to go. That is what I built mine for though- demonic speed and wicked maneuverability for fpv in tighter and more interesting places. The footage from a well built mini (and you can smooth it out more by mounting the bat underneath to make the vibrations dampened but acro is sacrificed or different) is 2nd to none.

Sweet! That's what I'm talking about. But I mean actually. What are the control maneuvers on the sticks to do a flip and roll? Like full throttle up then forward right stick left stick decrease throttle then increase again so you don't hit the ground? Is it just that simple?

d4ddyo said:
Hiway said:
d4ddyo said:

Sweet! That's what I'm talking about. But I mean actually. What are the control maneuvers on the sticks to do a flip and roll? Like full throttle up then forward right stick left stick decrease throttle then increase again so you don't hit the ground? Is it just that simple?

it is all done with the right stick (mode 2 radios) and depending on which direction you want to go, you snap the stick and let it return to center.
So, to make a barrel roll counterclockwise, you would snap right, left quickly and return to center. There is a lot more in the way of tuning, style, preferences, and a myriad of factors as well as flight control characteristics- but that is the gist of it.
Apply that to forward and back, then center while moving backwards and that is a backflip... but throttle gets feathered depending on height and speed. It is hard to describe, and I am by no means any good at it... I just understand a little about the physics and mechanics of it. I can do flips with my RCLogger Eye One Xtreme all day long... they ain't pretty, but they are flips and rolls. That is simple on that quad though- piece of cake to fly- not as heavy as these are- nor as fast on the top end- but they accelerate like a banshee from hell.

d4ddyo said:
Yep! You guys get the idea. Less money. Smaller. Faster. More portable. fPV fun! Something I am not worried about crashing or flying away. I was even thinking about a tricopter because I like the flight characteristics but that seems a little more complicated.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Honestly, I think they may just be the perfect platform for actually learning how to fly *Well* (not DJI hovering photo 'flying')

Love how darn durable they seem to be. Check out all the crashing he does, just replaces props.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NQ59THcl9M[/youtube]

Penetration test with the new video setup.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cdl9Ojt2HM[/youtube]

BruceTS said:
Here's my next build in progress, just mocked up with Sunnysky 4112-13 320kv, Gemfan 15" props

Nice.

What sort of flight times are you expecting from that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl