Dear Phantom, I'm cheating on you.

Reaction score
Just got done with the TBS build, and she actually flies :)

Can't wait to get the 1.3ghz video on her, send it out for a 3 mile run.

13906692565_6b10c0fc71_c.jpg

Not bad for an *ultra* newb to soldering, eh?

13862163823_c0e2fcc33b_b.jpg

13882723595_03b3ce8c2d_b.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JBRYpqPws[/youtube]

Nice set up. Keep us posted on that long range run.

Nice one!

I'm also cheating on DJI (sort of) with my Hoverthings Flip FPV.

IMAG1434.jpg

IMAG1435.jpg

IMAG1436.jpg

I'm using it for only FPV flying, and yes... That's a EzUHF TX / RX too.
I've been out and away over 3 miles. Just make sure that you always start into the wind when going "long range"!

I get with the props shown (slow flyers) about 18 minutes of airtime (4 cell 4000 mAh)

Just did a hover flight time test to establish a baseline:

17:30 for 1st voltage warning
18:00 for second warning/forced landing.

Starting voltage - 16.71v (4.17v per cell)
First warning - 14.00v (3.5v per cell)
Second warning - 13.60v (3.4v per cell)

13.69v (3.42v per cell) within about a minute or so. Not much 'bounce back' it seems. Also, I think I need to calibrate voltages in NAZA - I believe NAZA is showing a higher voltage than my multimeter.

yes run a scan with everything on except tx. if it is bad then try with just a one thing on at a time. go pro is usually noisy. i didn't see a tbs core? that is noisy sometimes too.

Howzit said:
Just got done with the TBS build, and she actually flies :)

Can't wait to get the 1.3ghz video on her, send it out for a 3 mile run.

13906692565_6b10c0fc71_c.jpg

Not bad for an *ultra* newb to soldering, eh?

13862163823_c0e2fcc33b_b.jpg

13882723595_03b3ce8c2d_b.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04JBRYpqPws[/youtube]
Wow! List out build and specs. My jaw just came u hinged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBS Disco frame
T-Motor - 900kv v2
T-Motor 30A ESC's
APC 10x3.8 props
NAZA v2 w/ GPS
ezUHF JR module tx
ezUHF diversity rx
Taranis x9d radio
GoPro 2 for now - waiting on the 4 to hit the market so I can buy one of your 3's for cheap :)

Not installed yet, but I'm also going with 1.2ghz 400mW transmitter and receiver will run to my goggles for now. Eventually I will go with a backpack 'ground station' with a crosshair antenna and IBCrazy antenna - swap between the 2, depending on type of flying.

Here it is with the vtx and big ol' 1.2ghz antenna mocked up on it:

13932549561_a0dd145794_c.jpg

BruceTS said:
Here's my TBS Disco with Kloner arms and a modified Tarot Gimbal mounted up front

Very nice build! What batteries are you currently running?

Howzit said:
BruceTS said:
Here's my TBS Disco with Kloner arms and a modified Tarot Gimbal mounted up front

Very nice build! What batteries are you currently running?

zippy 4s 5000 mah, they just fit inside.... Currently waiting for Kloner to get his next shipment of arm kits in for my other Disco, going heavy lift on that one with 4112 sunnysky motors, 15" props and 6s batteries. Once Trappy releases his new motors, I'll probably get those for the build. shooting for an average of 30 minute flights with a few attempts at around 1 hr.

I want to make a mini H quad with similar flight modes to a phantom but for more fun FPV fast sports flying rather than arial videography.

Where do I start? I already have a frame in mind but have NO idea where to start.

I used to fly nitro helicopters and the phantom got me back started because it's so much easier to fly. That being said... it's so much different because everything is electronic and electronic speed controls versus analog, servos and gas throttle.

Do i need to know software programming?

d4ddyo said:
I want to make a mini H quad with similar flight modes to a phantom but for more fun FPV fast sports flying rather than arial videography.

Where do I start? I already have a frame in mind but have NO idea where to start.

I used to fly nitro helicopters and the phantom got me back started because it's so much easier to fly. That being said... it's so much different because everything is electronic and electronic speed controls versus analog, servos and gas throttle.

You can fit it with NAZA (easy setup). Just pick a frame, motors, and ESC's and start assembling :)

When you say mini, do you mean smaller than the phantom? If so, the blackout mini H, QAV250, and Spanky seem like solid options. I want to build one as well and I'm leaning towards the blackout.

http://www.minihquad.com/frames/mini-h- ... ini-h-quad

d4ddyo said:

You mean like this? (this is my "affair")

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1htfqrCoto[/youtube]

Yep! You guys get the idea. Less money. Smaller. Faster. More portable. fPV fun! Something I am not worried about crashing or flying away. I was even thinking about a tricopter because I like the flight characteristics but that seems a little more complicated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1