DJI Mandatory, uninterruptible actions are wrong, legally actionable

We do not want MANDATORY updates that remove capabilities! How many products do you know that FORCE you to do an update which REMOVES CAPABILITIES from your purchase? Can you name any other item you purchase which makes you do so? What if you bought a car and they required a MANDATORY update before you could drive? What if they took away capabilities like how fast you could drive or better yet made it so you could not drive in your city? That is exactly what DJI is doing. Add on top of that, The Faulty plastic which makes these $1000 items DISPOSABLE!!

Why do we tolerate a company that forces us to update the product WE OWN into a brick? Unacceptable!

No aircraft made or sold in the world today prevents the pilot from taking off or flying right into and through ... well... anywhere, NFZ or whatever. It's up to the pilot, the human that is in control, that's who decides. All aircraft In the history of forever except DJI drones. Is this not nuts?!

"DJI is doing it to protect themselves" - nope. They are never at risk if a pilot does something stupid with their product. Is Cessna sued if someone flies one of their planes into the White House? Was Boeing sued when someone flew their planes into the NFZ around downtown NYC and into the trade center buildings?

This is unprecedented and we should rise up against it, it's wrong at every level.

Was Boeing sued when someone flew their planes into the NFZ around downtown NYC and into the trade center buildings?
Yes, actually, many times over.

This is unprecedented and we should rise up against it, it's wrong at every level.
This isn't unprecedented, sadly. While I agree 100% with what you're saying, it's far from the first time something like this has happened.

Reactions: Phantom4Flyer

Never heard or read of it. But, that's immaterial. Any such suits were, obviously, unsuccessful. You don't sue the car maker if someone uses a car they built to plow into a group of pedestrians.

This isn't unprecedented, sadly. While I agree 100% with what you're saying, it's far from the first time something like this has happened.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, Such as?

These posts don't present any cogent arguements.
They appear to be rambling rants.

How can something be unprecedented while at the same time attempt to draw comparisons to other products, industries or situations?

There's no traction here.
Have you sought competent legal advice or is this just a venting exercise?

I disagree. I don't think you read very carefully. Example; the unprecedented part is DJIs action. Comparisons to other things shows what is the normal, the precedents.

Yes, have been pursuing this, it takes time and money and so, sadly, we're moving slowing but we think we have a good argument. The case is making its baby steps carefully.

Before you put out of hand dismiss this as "little guy can't fight bug company/government" remember that just one dude beat the FAA over its registration rule and not only had it overturned/removed, but you can get your $5 back. AND something many missed, he also nearly had the entire set of rules the FAA has issued to date in drones down away if it wasn't for a filing too late technicality. Yes, you read right, thrown away ALL rules the FAA ever issued re: Drones. Why? Same reason the registration rule was thrown out: the FAA has no jurisdiction over model aircraft (which is what a drone is) and cannot make rules regarding them, period.

Never heard or read of it. But, that's immaterial. Any such suits were, obviously, unsuccessful.

Again, completely wrong. I believe it was tens of millions, if not up to a billion dollars in settlements and suits.

Drestin Black said:
These posts don't present any cogent arguements.
They appear to be rambling rants.

How can something be unprecedented while at the same time attempt to draw comparisons to other products, industries or situations?

There's no traction here.
Have you sought competent legal advice or is this just a venting exercise?

Agreed.

Again, completely wrong. I believe it was tens of millions, if not up to a billion dollars in settlements and suits.

Again completely wrong:
American Airlines, the planes operator, was sued for a billion, and settled for 135 million for "negligent by failing to detect the hijackers, permitting them to board and hijack the airplane.

Boeing hasn't been sued for making the planes that did the actual damage.

Surprised your counsel hasn't suggested you cease the rants and begin gathering data.
Using questions you don't know the answer to to attempt to make your points (as nickmv pointed out) is evidence of poor research and preparedness.

Vote with your wallet and move on to another product. It seems this is what your suggesting everyone do anyways.

Yes, Boeing was sued.
So easy to find with Google.

Surprised your counsel hasn't suggested you cease the rants and begin gathering data.
Using questions you don't know the answer to to attempt to make your points (as nickmv pointed out) is evidence of poor research and preparedness.

Vote with your wallet and move on to another product. It seems this is what your suggesting everyone do anyways.

Yes, Boeing was sued.
So easy to find with Google.

Oh vey - just a contrarian aren't you. Rushing to defend DJI because you think more rules will prevent your hobby from being ruined by bad guys...

We ARE doing research and answering questions, that's part why things take time and money.

I have never suggested moving away from DJI products. The company has done well and I love their products EXCEPT this one issue! You may have me confused someone else.

If you enjoy flying without care that at any second control of your aircraft can be taken away from you without warning and nothing you can do about it - enjoy! I don't.

ReGoogle your search for details, don't just cherry pick from headlines.

Not a contrarian.... a skeptic.

Not defending DJI.

You fear mongering is a sign of weakness in your argument.

You can't scare me to see it the way you do.

Don't overthink this too.

@Drestin Black You in post 262 brought back a thread from April 16th
that had long been dead just to restart your rant from Sept 18th of last year . I see no good coming of this but to have argumentative post
and that's not going to happen .
This can stay open as long as it stay's civil .
Now carry on but do stay on topic and no arguing .
Thank You

No worries, nothing new to add at this point. Besides, it's pointless to continue if you are labeled "ranting" and "fear mongering" lol allgood... gonna enjoy a gorgeous sunset! Capture some reflect reds and oranges on the clouds!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers