Dear Phantom, I'm cheating on you.

Howzit said:
Penetration test with the new video setup.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cdl9Ojt2HM[/youtube]

Wow!! Didn't realise how well 1.3 works! That was impressive video range/penetration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range test with just the omni (cloverleaf/mad mushroom) antennas. I have a crosshair (directional) antenna on the way. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjT7kub6Uy4[/youtube]

3km today. loading up the 10" props and 5200mah battery and shooting for 4km tomorrow....maybe 5km if I feel a bit froggy. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhCAz5Z6VD4[/youtube]

All you Phantom Cheaters... LOL. Question... are you flying your quads with a self centering throttle stick like the P2 Controller or not?

are most flight controllers programmed as to have a self centering throttle stick to maintain hover?

This is my other TBS Discovery with a Tarot gimbal
http://youtu.be/zpnFBao_iS4

Howzit said:
Nice.

What sort of flight times are you expecting from that?

shooting for 1/2 hour, but plan to go for an hour with stacking on a few extra packs.

Slowly the parts are arriving for the build, trying out a gimbal from Goodluckbuy which appears to be a CF version similar to the TBS Pro gimbal, I'm gonna try the 32-bit controller board on it as well. Got a set of Tiger U5 motors to test and the Pack is a Zippy 4000 6s which is 46mm tall so I'll be adding spacer between the plates to fit the pack.

Flytrex finally sent out their V2 logger, so I'll need that before going on a long range flight.

d4ddyo said:
All you Phantom Cheaters... LOL. Question... are you flying your quads with a self centering throttle stick like the P2 Controller or not?

are most flight controllers programmed as to have a self centering throttle stick to maintain hover?

My original Phantom doesn't have a self centering controller and don't use them on my other quads.

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 461
d4ddyo said:

I'm using Futaba T8J and added self centering kit. I use the one controller for all 3 of my rigs.

d4ddyo said:
Nice! What's your complete setup?

It's in the youtube description...but here is a copy/paste. :)

TBS DIscovery
1258ghz video @ 400mW
IBCrazy Airscrew - vtx
IBCrazy Crosshair - vrx
IBCrazy 4s linkboard
900kv motors
APC 10x3.8 SF props (not balanced)

Fatshark 5.8ghz repeater (to goggles and wireless Screen/DVR)

Taranis X9d
ezUHF JR module @ HI
ezUHF 8ch diversity rx w/ 2x RMRC Monopoles
Diamond SRH771 antenna

Naza v2 w/GPS
iOSD mini

5100mah - Multirotor superstore

Building an FPV 250mm sized mini now.

My Phantom 1.1.1 is up for sale in the classifieds :cry:

Howzit said:

I'm thinking of doing the same. Which model r u building?

Meluk said:
Howzit said:

Ended up finding a decent deal on a used QAV250

cc3d flight controller
sunnysky 2300kv motors
TBS PNP core
ezuhf 4ch receiver
600mw 5.8ghz video
600tvl wdr cam

Howzit said:
Meluk said:
Howzit said:

Ended up finding a decent deal on a used QAV250

cc3d flight controller
sunnysky 2300kv motors
TBS PNP core
ezuhf 4ch receiver
600mw 5.8ghz video
600tvl wdr cam

A popular option it seems! Some videos of it fast close proximity FPV flying is amazing. I need to learn more about this quadcopter!

Meluk said:
A popular option it seems! Some videos of it fast close proximity FPV flying is amazing. I need to learn more about this quadcopter!

I assume all the mini's are pretty similar. The other one I was looking at was the blackout mini. Nice thing about the QAV and blackout is that their frame is also a power distribution board. Makes for a cleaner/easier setup.

They should work great for learning to fly fast/aggressive proximity - they crash extreme- well.

I really have a whole new respect for the phantom 2 after starting my own scratch built for the first time. For what you pay and what you get it's pretty amazing with 30 min flight times. Such a balancing act when you try different props/motors/equipment.

That being said... i'm building a V-tail Quad and am curious... how do you scratch builders know without an OSD what your battery level is? just stop watch?

d4ddyo said:
I really have a whole new respect for the phantom 2 after starting my own scratch built for the first time. For what you pay and what you get it's pretty amazing with 30 min flight times. Such a balancing act when you try different props/motors/equipment.

That being said... i'm building a V-tail Quad and am curious... how do you scratch builders know without an OSD what your battery level is? just stop watch?

I haven't done a 'scratch build', but I have built a couple 'kits'. But yea, trial and error - fly the quad for an x amount of time and check the voltage after landing. That said, I have OSD on both my builds - iOSD on one and TBS Core on the other.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj