Critical Issue Discovered

I'm trying to understand what happens with Litchi on a WayPoint mission and signal is lost. I read this whole thread and there are two different outcomes from different posters. 1. RTH, 2. It continues to fly the mission. If it's the latter I'm good with that because sometimes on the fringes of a flight that's going to happen. Signal will be regained as she continues along the way to the finish.

Am I missing something?

It will fly the mission. Always wondered what would happen if it was out of sign range and suddenly lost GPS would it then just wonder off. Also what if it gained gps again would it try to RTH or just wonder/hover

You definitely do not want to be on a Litchi mission out of range and then lose your GPS. Therefore you want to make sure you have extra satellites before you start the mission in case you lose a couple. But since you have GLONASS, you should be in good shape. But you don't want to do anything tempting like drop down into a valley or canyon when you have low satellites.

If you lose your GPS during a mission, I believe your aircraft will auto-land. But it will also drift while it's doing so. If it happened to regain GPS, I believe it would attempt to continue its mission.

In the Litchi app, the firmware is designed to allow the aircraft to continue its mission, regardless of whether it senses a control signal or not. It does not RTH.
Sounds like a perfectly good way for a fly away to happen with no possibly warrantee to help :(

I'm trying to understand what happens with Litchi on a WayPoint mission and signal is lost. I read this whole thread and there are two different outcomes from different posters. 1. RTH, 2. It continues to fly the mission. If it's the latter I'm good with that because sometimes on the fringes of a flight that's going to happen. Signal will be regained as she continues along the way to the finish.

Am I missing something?

Yes, it will continue the mission, with or without a signal from the RC. Many of my missions have taken it out of range of the RC. Just note the mission time and wait for it to return and regain signal.

No matter what, it will RTH if the battery % drops to your programmed parameters. So, If someone was silly enough to end a mission at a point where there was no signal from the RC, and also have the way point 'Action' set to 'None' then the P3 will hover at the last WP until the battery fail safe triggers an RTH. Whether there is enough battery left to get it home would be the question.

I always use Litchi and end my missions near the home point.

Reactions: snowghost
DJI has stated that they will not support any drone that uses any other application other than DJI GO. I hope you were using DJI Go when this happened :(

They already have. They fixed my P3A which has NEVER been flown using GO (before or after the repair). Warranty repair. Zero cost. They didn't say squat about it being flown with Litchi and I made zero effort to hide that fact.

Has anyone ever lost GPS while on a litchi mission.

How many people fly out of signal range ? Anyone else find how slowly time goes waiting for it to come back.

Not me.

How many people fly out of signal range ?
I do. Every time.
Anyone else find how slowly time goes waiting for it to come back.
Yes. It's in the Litchi manual. Time slows down to 22.8% of what it had been before it flew out of range, and then time resets to the normal rate when the aircraft is back within range.

Unless you have Flytrex Live 3G. Then you just check your flytrex app and you know exactly where your aircraft is, and you know exactly what it's doing. If you have Flytrex, time does not slow down at all.

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks

Air,

I have never lost signal on a Litchi GS run on my P3Pro or my P2V+v3. I'm in the boonies so I don't have to worry as much. With the P3, I'm usually able to maintain signal throughout the entire flight, even on 5-6 mile runs. Not so on the P2, the wait for the signal to return on a 4-5 mile run with it is gut wrenching! Really gets the adrenaline pumping!

Jerry

I asked DJI about using Litchi and warranty. I got the following response below as I suspected.
"
thanks for your request.
Yes, using a different App will void your warranty, unless it´s 100% excluded and impossible, that the fault was caused by the app, such as Motor Hardware issue or Battery problems."

I have only had the phantom about 1 month and would like to try Litchi and the waypoint mode etc as DJI is a bit limiting I believe but I am nervous at their response currently. I have read nothing negative about Litchi yet but has anyone had any issues with it. My platform is Android also. (NVidia Shield K1)

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

This email and any a

Magnusson-Moss should apply here, shouldn't it?

Critical Issue Discovered
We discovered a DJI firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant.

DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

We will post updates on our homepage as we receive more information, so remember to check back often.

Thanks
The Autoflight Logic Team

I received this email response from DJI, last night;

".. Dear sir,

We have find a solution to resolve this problem, but we need time to test the new SDK. We will release the new version ASAP.

Thank you for your support of DJI.

Best Regards,
DJI SDK Team.."

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
I have NEVER lost GPS signal while on countless Litchi missions.

My bird has always come home. Just remember to ALWAYS double check your waypoints and make sure RTH is setup properly.

I have never lost GPS. Anywhere. I simply don't know what voodoo DJI put in this bird. But sitting in my living room (cape cod type house so there is a upper floor) it has 8-10 gps birds locked. Freaking how? I run it upstairs where there is only 2 windows, one at each end of the house, still has 8 gps birds locked. I take it down to the basement and it still finds 6 gps birds. The house has aluminum siding which forms a very effective farrday shield but this thing still finds gps birds to lock to. Cripes, I can't get it to loose GPS period short of burying the **** thing in a 6' grave or flying into the underground sewers (never done either, figures of speech)..

I have never lost GPS. Anywhere. I simply don't know what voodoo DJI put in this bird. But sitting in my living room (cape cod type house so there is a upper floor) it has 8-10 gps birds locked. Freaking how? I run it upstairs where there is only 2 windows, one at each end of the house, still has 8 gps birds locked. I take it down to the basement and it still finds 6 gps birds. The house has aluminum siding which forms a very effective farrday shield but this thing still finds gps birds to lock to. Cripes, I can't get it to loose GPS period short of burying the **** thing in a 6' grave or flying into the underground sewers (never done either, figures of speech)..
How then do you safely circumvent Geo Fencing and inappropriate NFZ's??? ;)
The tin hat doesn't work, either?

I've had DJI P3P almost a year now. And I've had Litchi for two days now with 100% success (3/3 great successful missions I NEVER could do in real-time ... I wonder whether flying with the DJI vs Litchi is more error-prone?!).

Anyways, I bought this expensive toy knowing I should be VERY careful while flying, period! So I was amazed to that DJI might have some warranty if the bird was damaged and the fault is not caused by the user. If true, this is good PR for DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl