Critical Issue Discovered

Reaction score
I got this email a few minutes ago, anyone know this to true across the board?

Critical Issue Discovered

We discovered a DJI firmware issue that prevents the aircraft from executing Return-to-Home (RTH) on RC signal loss when any third-party app is connected via the SDK. Our testing does show that RTH will activate when the critical battery level is reached (configured in DJI GO), but this may result in the loss of your aircraft if the home location is too distant.

DJI indicated that this issue will be resolved in the next firmware update, but they have not given us a timeline. Until then, we strongly recommend that you do not operate Autopilot (or any third-party app) near the edge of signal range.

We will post updates on our homepage as we receive more information, so remember to check back often.

Thanks
The Autoflight Logic Team

Yes I received this too and thy posted on there Facebook page

Yeah got a notification from the autopilot app on this. Kudos to the autopilot team for getting the word out!

Reactions: Yeager74
I just got this reply from FPV Camera:

It probably only affects Autopilot app, and I think none of other third-party apps using that way to implement waypoint mission.

How many people have made flights using the Litchi app... and they have never pressed the RTH button? I'm betting they have and if there were issues, we would have heard about them.

I question if (as mentioned above) this only affects Autopilot.

Effects all third party apps using the API including Litchi. Another defect brought to you by the DJI Quality Assurance Team (the one that doesn't exist)!
So everyone using Litchi these past 6 months or so have never lost signal? Because according to Autopilot, the drone won't come back until critical battery. So if anyone lost signal they did not notice this? So far I question if this affects other apps as Autopilot claims.

Hmmm, I'll have to try out RTH on Litchi tonight and see if the 1.6 update killed it. I have use RTH fine in Litchi on previous firmware versions. I'm assuming 1.6 may have killed it.

So everyone using Litchi these past 6 months or so have never lost signal? Because according to Autopilot, the drone won't come back until critical battery. So if anyone lost signal they did not notice this? So far I question if this affects other apps as Autopilot claims.

Likely a new defect from a recent API update. Unclear until DJI tells us what's happening.

Effects all third party apps using the API including Litchi. Another defect brought to you by the DJI Quality Assurance Team (the one that doesn't exist)!
...team that doesn't exist :) Good one

A question: why only third party apps are affected? Does DJI use special API?

This issue will affect all third party apps and will bring DJI App on top.

A question: why only third party apps are affected? Does DJI use special API?

This issue will affect all third party apps and will bring DJI App on top.
As I understand it, yes. For example, in prior Phantom versions the DJI app was able to do a little more then 3rd party apps. DJI also does not need to work in and lock down certain parameters/calls within their app like they do with 3rd party apps. In other words, the 3rd party firmware needs to have "calls" set up that the developer can use within their app. This limits what they can do. DJI would not need to do this within their app.

I _still_ question Autopilot's claim. Anyone want to take their P3 out to 100' and turn off the controller. According to Autopilot, it won't RTH. I'm betting it does.

Stick to DJI GO and you will be fine!!!
Well, if I stuck to 1 to 2 minute flights, maybe GO would be an option. But since it freezes after only 2 minutes or so, really not an option for me.

Reactions: Apilot101
If this is a real defect, we should be happy that it's found and DJI would be able to plug it.

Easy to test I suppose. Run it out a hundred feet or so and turn the RC off, no? I guess this is something i need to test before getting out on another 10k distance run.

Reactions: Yeager74

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik