Critical Issue Discovered

That's why I stopped upgrading all together.

I am flying fine at:
P3A: W322 @ 1.04.0010
RC: GL300A @ 1.04.0001
Litchi v2.6.5
Hi how are you did you upgrade to a new android device or ios since I last posted to you. I got my self iPhone 6 plus its ok not brilliant getting back to the litchi what do you think of it. kind regards Craig

Hi how are you did you upgrade to a new android device or ios since I last posted to you. I got my self iPhone 6 plus its ok not brilliant getting back to the litchi what do you think of it. kind regards Craig

Hello, No, I am still using a Samsung S4 and a Galaxy Tab. No upgrade for me.

I agree.. That said if you are flying on a third party app and it hits a tree because of a software issue. Is it likely that DJI accommodates a warranty repair? I'm thinking no. If you are flying and the AC smacks a tree because of a programming issue that DJI caused will DJI accommodate a warranty repair? I think probably.
Dji invites software engineers to use their software through their sdk applications. If such an accident occurred which never has before in the past , I would be very surprised if it was only limited to a 3rd party app. Has anyone heard dji say using a 3rd party app voids their warranty.

Dude,

A couple of issues here. It sounds like DJI Go (the app itself) crashed. That does not mean you lost "control". There are two signals, one for the live stream video and one for the control of the bird. If you knew where the bird was when the app crashed or could see it, you could have probably brought it home without the app running. Secondarily, unless you lose control signal the bird will not automatically RTH just because the app crashed. You would have to initiate an RTH with the button or by turning the power off on the RC. Also, if your app crashes pull the USB cable from the bottom of the RC and plug it back in, then restart the app. There are other variances at play here but I'm not going to go into them all in this post. You should go back and familiarize yourself with how to initiate an RTH. JMHO's, others may have a different understanding or opinion.

Jerry
My thoughts reading his post were the same. Sounds like he thought just because the app crashed it should RTH which of course is not the case. He later mentioned he did hit the RTH button but I wonder if he held it down long enough.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I asked DJI about using Litchi and warranty. I got the following response below as I suspected.
"
thanks for your request.
Yes, using a different App will void your warranty, unless it´s 100% excluded and impossible, that the fault was caused by the app, such as Motor Hardware issue or Battery problems."

I have only had the phantom about 1 month and would like to try Litchi and the waypoint mode etc as DJI is a bit limiting I believe but I am nervous at their response currently. I have read nothing negative about Litchi yet but has anyone had any issues with it. My platform is Android also. (NVidia Shield K1)

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

This email and any a

I asked DJI about using Litchi and warranty. I got the following response below as I suspected.
"
thanks for your request.
Yes, using a different App will void your warranty, unless it´s 100% excluded and impossible, that the fault was caused by the app, such as Motor Hardware issue or Battery problems."

I have only had the phantom about 1 month and would like to try Litchi and the waypoint mode etc as DJI is a bit limiting I believe but I am nervous at their response currently. I have read nothing negative about Litchi yet but has anyone had any issues with it. My platform is Android also. (NVidia Shield K1)

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

This email and any a
Apps don't cause accidents, hardware does.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Apps don't cause accidents, hardware does.

I appreciate that and fully believe it along with user error. I just hate the way DJI may use it as a reason to avoid a warranty should something go wrong or DJI come back to me to say "prove it wasn't the app.." etc. I am guessing you are at the mercy of the logs to prove hardware failure

I appreciate that and fully believe it along with user error. I just hate the way DJI may use it as a reason to avoid a warranty should something go wrong or DJI come back to me to say "prove it wasn't the app.." etc. I am guessing you are at the mercy of the logs to prove hardware failure
That's true, it is a bit fuzzy, typical Corporate behaviour. What I meant though is that the chance of an app (Go or any of the others) actually causing an accident is neglible compared to some sort of hardware failure. I suppose someone might crash if the app crashed, but that would be classed as user error anyway, so the argument about 3rd party apps voiding your warranty is a non starter . Just my opinion.

I asked DJI about using Litchi and warranty. I got the following response below as I suspected. My platform is Android also. (NVidia Shield K1)

Air,

I can't answer your warranty question but it really wouldn't matter anyway, DJI will make the determination on a case by case basis anyway.

I think it's important to realize that the "app" does not really have control over the bird. If any app crashes the bird is still entirely controllable by the controller.

I use Litchi ((Android, Shield and Tab S2) exclusively but have flown with a least a dozen other apps. I've been with Litchi since its inception but have no affiliation with the company at all. I have been both an alpha and beta tester for both Litchi Android and iOS.

In my opinion Litchi, I can only vouch for the Android version at this point, is pretty much rock solid. Any app, pad and/or phone can crash and they do. I don't have many but every now and again they will crash. I have been flying and had Litchi crash and simply unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back in and reopened the app right where I left off. I think the biggest issue during an app crash is panic.

Litchi (Android) is an outstanding app and has worked exceptionally well with my Shield tablet.

Jerry

DJI has stated that they will not support any drone that uses any other application other than DJI GO. I hope you were using DJI Go when this happened :(

DJI has stated that they will not support any drone that uses any other application other than DJI GO.
Do you have a link from DJI's website that states this? (I'm curious.)

Why would they be so open for the SDK then? cant seem them opening up for developing and then not warranty there product

That's why I stopped upgrading all together.
This doesn't make any sense. If you use a 3rd party app like AutoPilot, you likely do not know how far back in the apps upgrades the issue was introduced. Upgrading the app in the future will FIX the issue, so by blindly deciding to never update, you've accepted your place in the past, warts and all.

I prefer progress.

A few posts up plus I was told this in a support thead when I asked about switching to apps with more functionality:

"
thanks for your request.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Why would they be so open for the SDK then? cant seem them opening up for developing and then not warranty there product
They SDK is for building on their platform. You can use it for others but they will not support it because the code base is not theirs.

How exactly did it cause your P3A to crash? I'm curious.
I was flying at a slow rate of speed, let off the stick to stop and it kept drifting toward a tree, like a starter quad would do, I pulled back on the stick to brake and tried to elevate, no response. Autopilot mentioned response problems concerning Cruise Mode were addressed in its current update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers