Critical Issue Discovered

Didn't intend in getting some folks panties in a wad. I understand your points,and respect them.Never was personal, however I was just stating an opinion. Not even trying to be an expert analysis of a certain 3rd Party software.
Bottom line DJI releases an SDK free of charge per se so that really smart folks who are experts in their field can develop a 3rd Party App that can be used with a DJI Platform. DJI also encourages this. However when you release this 3rd Party App and sell it, you the developer as well as the consumer assume the risks and failures. Not DJI or any other company that releases an SDK for their product, unless it was approved and licensed by them.
Bottom line was just giving an opinion based on life experiences.
So I say, go out buy a New Phantom 4, don't use DJI GO. Buy your 3rd Party App that everyone else recommends and/or uses, which was built on the DJI SDK.
Fly your New Phantom. Then for no reason it fails in flight, crashes or gets lost in the middle of you don't where the F it's at, or causes serious damage to the aircraft. Call DJI for support under warranty and make sure you tell them that you don't use DJI GO and were using App XYZ. .
Stay Thirsty My Friends
All good in the panty knot dept here Gunny. No intent to get personal or be argumentative.

All I am saying, based on user experiences reported on this forum and more broadly, is that it seems DJI has repaired buckled aircraft under warranty where the user was flying with software other than DJI GO when the incident occurred.

I agree if flying with GO App DJI will have probably have less to grizzle about and arguments to weasel out of accepting a warranty claim.

I pulled this from the DJI forum. DJI had originally told (assuming the facts are correct) the customer they were on their own as things went pear shaped while using autopilot. They came through in the end apparently.

Subject: Re: URGENT: Re: Autopilot
Date: September 23, 2015 at 7:53:14 PM CDT
To: Jim McAndrew <[email protected]>

Hi Jim,

I’ve forwarded everything over to Social, and they should be able to get the posts up soon. Also forwarded the updates to the web team for the DJI Developer site showcase.

Simply flying a DJI aircraft using a third party app doesn’t void the warranty. However, if the pilot crashes or causes damage that is not due to mechanical failure, then it’s their responsibility to cover at least some if not all of the estimated repair cost.

- Ryan====

Here is the catch. If the app is implicated and its third party you may come unstuck if it's between you and the developer. I'm fully with you here also.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Reactions: GunnyPapa
@shuf
Did you appraise yourself of the full story here? From memory there was user error as a contributor. Switching out of F mode would have almost certainly allowed for control to be regained and a happy ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr and GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik