Critical Issue Discovered

Galaxy S5. And it runs Litchi 100% solid as well as every OTHER app I have run on it EXCEPT GO.

Reactions: Apilot101
From a post of VC Tech on Litchis Web Site:
"This so-called critical issue only happens when the aircraft is being controlled by an app.
In Litchi's case it only affects the focus and follow modes. In Follow mode a signal loss is relatively unlikely and if it happens in general the operator won't be far and would have time to react. In Focus mode, you would have to be careful but in most use cases signal loss probably isn't a concern."
Edit: be careful with the Follow Touch Mode

You must be using one hell of a crappy device then.....
+1

Not a single glitch with the Air 2. Smooth as butter not a single shutdown nothing. Not that a shutdown would be horrible because it isn't you can still bring it back. Press the button if you don't know where it is take over when you see it. Or.. Fly it back if you see it. Practice ... Main reason I went with iOS is I really hadn't heard of any big problems with it..

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Reactions: ViperNuke
Galaxy S5. And it runs Litchi 100% solid as well as every OTHER app I have run on it EXCEPT GO.
There is your problem.... I have a Mini 4, iPhone 6+ and Air 2 and never had a single glitch to complain about when running GO... But yeah now that i read this more carefully, This bug should not affect you much... according to litchi...

The S5 should run GO just fine. Other less capable devices have and are being used. Anyway, don't want to derail the thread into a device discussion.

Is the problem that people have installed public fw 1.6 on their phantom yet the most current sdk fw is 1.5.0011?

The S5 should run GO just fine. Other less capable devices have and are being used. Anyway, don't want to derail the thread into a device discussion.
True enough. It SHOULD work just fine.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I would be interested to know if this problem existed on all recent firmwares and if not in which was it introduced?

The difference between Litchi and Autoflight Logic is that AFL maintains control of the Phantom throughout rather than upload the coordinates and sending it on its way.

However the issue is affecting the firmware so I guess its possible if signal was lost for a whole host of reasons like local interference when the Phantom is close by it could result in RTH not working. Not the end of the world provided you can resolve the signal issue and bring it back to land.

I think it was a good idea to alert people in the way they did.

An undocumented bug in the firmware, in the following scenario:
1) Phantom RTH due to loss of signal
2) Operator cancels RTH, thus over-riding fail-safe
3) Operator resumes flight and once again has loss of signal
4) Phantom does not RTH as fail-safe has been over-ridden

So everyone using Litchi these past 6 months or so have never lost signal? Because according to Autopilot, the drone won't come back until critical battery. So if anyone lost signal they did not notice this? So far I question if this affects other apps as Autopilot claims.
I just used Lichie in a flight that lost signal for three minutes and it flew the entire mission with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ingsoc75
They have since updated their homepage with the following:

UPDATE: This affects firmware 1.6, Flight Mode F, and the enableVirtualStickControlModeWithCompletion API. We have not tested older firmware versions.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bigbells
I have to agree here. Using 3rd party apps is only asking for problems. This thread is a glaring example of that.

Seems like telling a person they were asking to be assaulted because of the way they dressed.

It appears Autopilot misspoke a little initially. I don't think it's as big of an issue as they initially stated. I don't see this as a reason not to use 3rd party apps. It's certainly a big mistake on DJI's party, no one else.

Reactions: Bigbells
I'm completely up to date and flew with Litchi today,in awful weather. A passer by was showing some interest, so I demonstrated the RTH by turning the rc off and it worked perfectly!

Reactions: Monte Olsen

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl