Confusing dji article

I have a P4 Pro+, no Ipad/Iphone. How does this procedure work for that? Can I log into DJI with my windows machine and then do a normal upgrade?

I don t have problem with that crap ! when dji send to me this **** I deleted and put 2.5 go and litchi and **** off dji !!!!

I have a P4 Pro+, no Ipad/Iphone. How does this procedure work for that? Can I log into DJI with my windows machine and then do a normal upgrade?
You can install dji assistant on your computer fo update the firmware on the p4 & p4 pro/advanced

Speed limiters in automobiles have nothing to do with blowing up your engine, they do have a lot to do with tires and laws, but that's a whole nother topic we shouldn't be discussing. So maybe save the inaccurate car relationship comments for another day:)
I disagree. Most cars don't actually have a speed limiter, they have an rpm limiter. It has nothing to do with laws,tires,or speed. It has everything to do with not destroying the engine and the manufacturer getting stuck doing warranty repair on vehicles that were abused. When the rpm hit the red line the engine shuts off for a fraction of a second and it does that repeatedly preventing the driver from over revving the engine. Sure, if 114 mph is the max speed in the highest gear that's because the engine is red lining in high gear at 114 so your bouncing off the rev limiter. Its not a speed limiter, its a rev limiter.

In my car it IS a speed limiter because the tires provided aren't rated for much more. But I do cede your point. Limiting a cars speeds through whatever means I most always having to do with mechanical limitations rather than legal.

In my car it IS a speed limiter because the tires provided aren't rated for much more. But I do cede your point. Limiting a cars speeds through whatever means I most always having to do with mechanical limitations rather than legal.
I think the point is that the limitations a car may be built with are built in for the safety of the passengers and the design limitations of the drivetrain. Its not necessarily some attempt at passifying some government entity. Cars are designed to comply with government regulation but they are not retrofitted to comply with new regulations. If the regulation didn't exist at the time of manufacture the manufacturer cant be held liable for build regulations that were not in place. The end user should never get less capabilities after the sale. If they want to limit the spark or the phantom 5 or magic 2 or whatever that's their prerogative but don't sell me a product that does all these great things and then take them away. That's basically bait and switch.

Reactions: ravedog
I still don't understand the underlined part? The way I'm reading it is: if you update the firmware then height and range will be restricted.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high

As long as you login and activate the new app after installing, then the restrictions cited do not apply. You only need to activate the app installation one time, not every time you fly. No big deal here, folks.

I think that is what it means. If you update either the Go app or the aircraft firmware but then don't log in and re-register, it cripples the aircraft.

So why not just not update the GO app and firmware? I don't like the way DJI is going with this. It's basically extortion. Update or else. I'll sell my P3A and go with another brand is this continues.

So why not just not update the GO app and firmware? I don't like the way DJI is going with this. It's basically extortion. Update or else. I'll sell my P3A and go with another brand is this continues.

You are completely free not to update anything if you so choose. But there is no "else", so I'm not clear what you think DJI is extorting from you.

As long as you login and activate the new app after installing, then the restrictions cited do not apply. You only need to activate the app installation one time, not every time you fly. No big deal here, folks.
Have you tried it? Go look and see if the Set Max Altitude is still there.

Well, I used mine today (Saturday, May 27), didn't see any notices for updates, and it all worked just fine. If I recall correctly, it said "by the end of this [past] week."

I also called tech support and they claimed not to know anything about it.

I just cant understand for the life of me that it would make any sense to restrict a/c distance and height?

Imagine all these people in the world that brought there phantom to only fly distances, and all these people that have invested money in different antennas to then be held back by software/firmware, plus peeps that fly with fpv goggles... does not make sens one small bit
They are restricting it to force you to do the new updates and registration. They are trying to help control the idiots that keep getting the j system in trouble by flying where they shouldn't.

It's still there. 20 - 500 m.
That's cool

I don't have an issue with the updating of the NFZ in real time. I had an issue with the possibility of them enforcing an unnecessary restrictive behavior on the drone. So this is nice and I'm warming to the idea of going through this update.

It still is silly in a way, I've seen mods that you can install to feed the GPS system a false signal. So I could be in Italy while my drone thinks it's in the US so it keeps the radio signal at full power. It will also fly regardless of where I actually am. Their notions are doing what they have the power to do on their own but in the end their actions will be futile when someone else simply ignored or circumvents them. In the end they only hurt their honest customer.

That's cool

I don't have an issue with the updating of the NFZ in real time. I had an issue with the possibility of them enforcing an unnecessary restrictive behavior on the drone. So this is nice and I'm warming to the idea of going through this update.

It still is silly in a way, I've seen mods that you can install to feed the GPS system a false signal. So I could be in Italy while my drone thinks it's in the US so it keeps the radio signal at full power. It will also fly regardless of where I actually am. Their notions are doing what they have the power to do on their own but in the end their actions will be futile when someone else simply ignored or circumvents them. In the end they only hurt their honest customer.

Sorry - what have they done to hurt the honest customer, or are you still fretting about all the terrible things they could do?

I've never heard of any mods to spoof the GPS data, and since that seems like it would break most of the functionality of the aircraft, it doesn't sound like something worth doing, or something that enough people would do to make it worth worrying about. In any case, idea with software/firmware controls is not to prevent a determined, skilled person from circumventing them, but to prevent the unskilled, unknowledgeable person (the vast majority of their customers) from breaking safety rules either inadvertently or stupidly.

Confused at this article particularly the part that says if you do update live camera streaming will be lost and flight distance and height will be decreased ???!

Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad

DJI will update your location information from GPS data to limit range and height per your country's laws with the upgrade. If you do not upgrade, they will restrict you to low altitude and low range. Primarily this is for Europe. Tidak bagus.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl