Confusing dji article

My god, these Communists added the ability update NFZs in real-time! Everyone sell their drones now! The horror!

New music, and filters?! This goes from bad to worse! Who the hell does DJI think they are . . . offering me choices like this, forcing me to consider choosing or not choosing them. Who has time for that?!

My god, these Communists added the ability update NFZs in real-time! Everyone sell their drones now! The horror!
Yep and then some hacker cracks their GEO system and turns the whole of the US into an NFZ. Have fun

I understand dji's reasoning behind this and I get the safety factor but it still makes me mad that they are forcing us to update or they will limit our drones distance. Wtf...Whats to say down the road with pressure from the government that they limit out drones to 1,000ft. Having big brother watching me every time I turn on my drone is annoying but yes I still get it with all the crazies out there doing dumb things with there drones. Really there's no easy solution to make everybody happy...I'm still bummed about this and will continue to fly with my same firmware and older app with wifi turned off for as long as I can...

I think the only way around it is to not be connected to wifi when you open the app...

Whats to say down the road with pressure from the government that they limit out drones to 1,000ft.

They would just add it then.

If DJI does nothing, it's not going make time stop and freeze things as they stand today. Regardless of what DJI does, I imagine regulation will get more strict in the foreseeable future, not less.

Still not sure how this will work, like everyone else I'm waiting for the update (iOS). Correct me where I'm wrong. I do the update and have to log in/ re register before I can fly or it will restrict my flight? Do I have to log in every time I want to fly or is a once only thing?

I must be a dummy because I cannot figure out what all the worry is about. Take me for example. I live in Canada where we're about to get some very nasty laws come down the pike about our drones. What can I do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Now, I have some DJI Quad Copters and the manufacturer in China is about to change the essence of what I bought and paid for. It may prevent me from flying because I'm too close to an airport according to the new Canadian drone laws. What can I do about it? Absolutely nothing.

What do I do now? I can try to sell it but who would want it? Nobody. So what do I do now? I buy a fishing pole and take up fishing. There's not a **** thing I can do about it so why would I worry about it? I'm already grey and 70 plus years old so why worry about it? I don't. I have no choice, so I don't worry about it.

Bud

It's a one time thing. For now.

Bud

Still not sure how this will work, like everyone else I'm waiting for the update (iOS). Correct me where I'm wrong. I do the update and have to log in/ re register before I can fly or it will restrict my flight? Do I have to log in every time I want to fly or is a once only thing?

So we're not forced to accept any update correct?
That's correct. There is no forced update.
but it still makes me mad that they are forcing us to update or they will limit our drones distance. Wtf...
FYI .. as has been stated many times here and in other threads, DJI aren't forcing you to update.
I've just tested and my app tells me that a newer version is available and that's it.
It allowed me to fly without updating - just as it always has.
There is no forced update.

It gets really tedious reading all this ignorant paranoia.
Why is the idea of governments and DJI taking your drone or stopping it from working such a powerful myth.
It's odd that people using such hi-tech gadgets can act like superstitious medieval peasants.
This thread is 13 pages of panic over nothing.
The witch in the next village has not cast a spell over your goats to stop them milking.

I can't believe I read 13 pages (254 posts) and still don't know what the new update will actually do!

That's correct. There is no forced update.

FYI .. as has been stated many times here and in other threads, DJI aren't forcing you to update.
I've just tested and my app tells me that a newer version is available and that's it.
It allowed me to fly without updating - just as it always has.
There is no forced update.

It gets really tedious reading all this ignorant paranoia.
Why is the idea of governments and DJI taking your drone or stopping it from working such a powerful myth.
It's odd that people using such hi-tech gadgets can act like superstitious medieval peasants.
This thread is 13 pages of panic over nothing.
The witch in the next village has not cast a spell over your goats to stop them milking.
I don't have a thing against Witches, but I'd like to light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks for the miscreants that caused all this in the first place. Kinda' like that Casey whatever, one look at him and you get the feeling that you've seen others's like him before...in the Post Office:rolleyes:

Reactions: Crack The Sky
I can't believe I read 13 pages (254 posts) and still don't know what the new update will actually do!
Here's the What's new info
What's New
Added support for Spark:
-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added horizontal and vertical panoramas.
-Added ShallowFocus shooting mode.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode.
Matrice 200:
-Added support for the Matrice 200 and AirSense.
Editor
-Added some new filters and opening scenes.
-Updated the music library.
General:
-After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account once.
-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.

Here's the What's new info
What's New
Added support for Spark:
-Added advanced gesture controls.
-Added horizontal and vertical panoramas.
-Added ShallowFocus shooting mode.
-Added QuickShot Mode.
-Added Coordinate Mode.
Matrice 200:
-Added support for the Matrice 200 and AirSense.
Editor
-Added some new filters and opening scenes.
-Updated the music library.
General:
-After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account Just once.
-Added a feature that allows no-fly zones to update in real time.

"After updating, users is required to log into their DJI account once" Just as I did when I first got my P4, therefore no big deal !!!.. I also carry a cell phone with me all the time so big brother knows where I am ( if he so desires) and even know fast I drive, he can even turn on my mic and camera, and I don't care. As long as I don't need cell service to take off I'm OK because where I mostly fly service is not available.

Well after reading and thinking, an update that ensures Drone operators are not flying in a NFZ isn't really a bad thing. There are a lot of responsible pilots, I'm one of them. But we've all seen videos and writings from users on here that show us that some in fact need umm.. assistance with knowing when and where to fly. This is a rapidly expanding hobby with a few business ventures coming down the pipe so yes I hate to admit there will be regulations. JMHO

Confused at this article particularly the part that says if you do update live camera streaming will be lost and flight distance and height will be decreased ???!

Kinakailangan ang Pagtiyak sa Seguridad
As a new owner/pilot of a P4P - I find most of the DJI stuff about "as clear as mud" I have been getting notices on my iPhone for the last few days stating that an Update for the DJI Go 4 App is coming at the end of this week. I still do not know if this is yet available - or if there is a Firmware Update for the P4P in addition to the Go 4 App. Having used Broadcast Video cameras for years, and put up with the vagaries of updates with everything "Apple" related - I think I'll wait for a while to ensure there are no snags in any software/firmware updates, but I would like somebody to "clear the water" for me !

App for p4 is here in Oz now, so it says on my Samsung s7 but not sure I will stay with dji or go to litchi. I wonder if I can delete Dji go 4 and just run litchi with out grief ?

My DJI Go 4 app updated automatically on my tablet. I just opened it to have a look and "BAM!" I get the app has stopped working error message right away:mad:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures