conflicted: Phantom 4 Pro + (with 5.5” display) vs the Phantom 4 Pro

GadgetGuy, the P4P FAQ goes against a lot of what you're claiming above.

1. Q: Can I detach the integrated display from the Phantom 4 Pro +?
A: No.

2. Q: Can I connect an iOS device or Android device to the Phantom 4 Pro + to use DJI GO?
A: No

3. Q: What apps are preloaded on the Phantom 4 Pro + screen?
A: Popular social media apps and DJI GO.

4. Q: What operating system does Phantom 4 Pro + controller use?
A: It uses a customized DJI system.

5. Q: Can I download other apps onto the Phantom 4 Pro + controller?
A: No. Currently the Phantom 4 Pro + controller does not support downloading additional third party apps.
Yes/No answers are incomplete, which is why I abhor them. Most FAQ's contain misleading information because the person who wrote them is omitting all the qualifiers to the answers, and the person writing them may not even understand what they are writing. Have you read the FAA FAQ? It's riddled with false information. This FAQ is in English. DJI's own User Manuals are written in Chinglish/Engleese. Whoever wrote this FAQ probably knows no more about the P4P+ than we do, until we actually get our hands on it!

.Clearly, one could detach the integrated display, but doing so might have adverse consequences to the integrated display. You can detach anything!

. DJI Go will not and never will run on the P4P or P4P+.
Both require DJI Go 4. Clearly you can attach any external device to the external USB port. The question remains as to the functionality of the device when you do so.

Preloaded apps will not include 3rd party paid apps which require the Developer SDK, which hasn't even been released yet.

. It uses an Android version of DJI Go 4, customized for the P4P+.

. The operative word is "currently." Obviously, until the Developers SDK is written and released, no support for downloading 3rd party apps exists.

Last edited:
Is there any point you won't debate? :D

Reactions: Larry.Marshall
There's not much point in debating anything as there's just no way to know right now and the next couple of months will tell the story. I think it is safe to guess that the DJI FAQ falls well short of the final word though, or at least what the final word will come to be.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Am I correct in saying that P4P+ will not be able to send live images to youtube and FB? ....as there is no cellular connection?
...while P4P with phone or ipad will...?

Am I correct in saying that P4P+ will not be able to send live images to youtube and FB? ....as there is no cellular connection?
Hot spot any of the Wifi only devices, including the P4P+, to your cell phone.:cool: The P4P+ has social media apps loaded onto it specifically for the purpose of live streaming, including a built-in microphone, for live narration!
Q: What apps are preloaded on the Phantom 4 Pro + screen?
A: Popular social media apps and DJI GO.

Last edited:
Is there any point you won't debate? :D
No, and I'll take either side, if you like! :D
You make some good points, but I don't trust FAQ's. By their very nature, they are a bad summary of much more detailed information which involves shades of gray, rather than simply black or white statements. All generalizations are false (including this one!:p)!

I think the idea is to simply use the hotspot function of your cellphone for a live data connection if you want one, or you can download and buffer maps and such in advance if desired.

Only time will tell if i made a good choice going with the p4p instead of the p4p+
quick unboxing i did here:
The way I looked at it was, if I totally regretted my P4P+ decision, and was totally wrong about everything (rare, but possible), including being able to use a Mini 4 off the USB port, the P4P standard remote is only $300 to fix my mistake. If I bought the P4P instead, I would still have to buy an HDMI board ($100) and an external BT GPS ($100), and do without a built-in miniSD card reader, and give up the bright 5.5" CrystalSky screen, to use a slightly larger iPad with a hood. Then, if I later really wanted the P4P+ remote instead, my mistake would cost $600 to get what was only $300 more to start, after already sinking in $200 of the $300 difference to get the HDMI board and GPS. Time will tell, but I will have 7 days to separate truth from fiction, before fully committing myself anyway. The convenience of everything in one unit, powered by a single battery, without cables and a brighter screen, without email, text, and phone interruptions during flight, cannot be ignored. I hope I am right! :cool:

Found this on the DJI website last night:
Phantom 4 Pro - 'DJI GO 4' App & Shipping Update
It means the iOS version is delayed, and only Android tablet users and the P4P+ users will be able to fly their P4P's until the iOS version of DJI Go 4 is released.:rolleyes:
=======
Dear DJI Customers:

We recently announced the Phantom 4 Pro, a powerful and intelligent aerial imaging platform for photographers, video creators and hobbyists. We want to take this opportunity to thank our customers and also provide an update on the shipment status and the app availability.

The Phantom 4 Pro, with many newly-added intelligent features, will work with the new 'DJI GO 4' mobile app. The Android version of the app is now available on Google Play and the iOS version will be made available on App Store within the first half of December.

In addition, we've started shipping the product to different channels including our Flagship Stores, online customers and dealer partners, so we hope to have you up in the air with the Phantom 4 Pro very soon.

Sincerely,
DJI
=======

Last edited:
I think old timers might have to reevaluate. Lichi dosnt like android they treat it as second best and are slow to upgrade android . Because of this android has a bad reputation now the new builtin monitor and the new ones that are to be released use android also the new p4p pro will have a dedicated app so I'm thinking that dji will try and build in a lot of new features. And now osi will have to develop apps to run on the Android platform and they may be unstable and glitchi which is why there might be a delay in releasing there app . Also dji hadn't made access available for third party apps yet so all apple users are going to be upset .
1 waiting for official app
2 waiting for litchi
3 when released may be slow and buggy communicating with an android platform .
Could be time to invest in an android tablet

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think old timers might have to reevaluate. Lichi dosnt like android they treat it as second best and are slow to upgrade android . Because of this android has a bad reputation now the new builtin monitor and the new ones that are to be released use android also the new p4p pro will have a dedicated app so I'm thinking that dji will try and build in a lot of new features. And now osi will have to develop apps to run on the Android platform and they may be unstable and glitchi which is why there might be a delay in releasing there app . Also dji hadn't made access available for third party apps yet so all apple users are going to be upset .
1 waiting for official app
2 waiting for litchi
3 when released may be slow and buggy communicating with an android platform .
Could be time to invest in an android tablet

Wasn't Litchi originally written for Android, and only later made available for iOS? Only the screen on the P4P+ uses Android for the integrated DJI GO 4 app. The built-in 5.5" Crystalsky screen is an Android tablet. Buy the P4P+! :cool:

Gadget guy you say p4p+ delayed because go4 app not released that's rubbish there are p4p+ that have been released and are flying now just not in USA.
The app is ready just not apples version and when it is released it might be buggy talking to an android system. Also litchi may reverse what has happened in the past and might put more effort and priority into there android app because it will be easier to develop apple devices for flying p4p might be looked on as android are now .
All app development has swung from Apple to android lately

Gadget guy you say p4p+ delayed because go4 app not released that's rubbish there are p4p+ that have been released and are flying now just not in USA.
The app is ready just not apples version and when it is released it might be buggy talking to an android system. Also litchi may reverse what has happened in the past and might put more effort and priority into there android app because it will be easier to develop apple devices for flying p4p might be looked on as android are now .
All app development has swung from Apple to android lately

The Android app was released 2 days ago, at the same time the first P4P+ units started showing up. I agree that DJI is more likely to make Android a priority going forward, even if only to sell their new standalone Crystalsky tablets. Now that DJI controls all the hardware specs, it will be a lot easier to customize the code in Android for their own Crystalsky devices than ever before, where there were literally hundreds of different Android devices that had to be supported by the same code! :cool:

If you buy the P4 Pro and then want to later buy a P4Pro+ RC, assume that will work just fine?
Yes. The remote controllers can be interchanged. You'll just need to link the remote controller when changing it.

If you buy the P4 Pro and then want to later buy a P4Pro+ RC, assume that will work just fine? The issue I would think would be finding a standalone for sale.
List price, once available for purchase from DJI separately, which won't be until after all P4P+ orders have first been fulfilled, is $600. You'll likely have to pay a premium before then, if you can find one for sale. Mavic premiums were 100%-200% for the Mavic and Mavic batteries. Selling your P4P standard remote will be the other challenge, as you won't be the only one trying to dump it, as everyone else realizes how much more versatile the P4P+ remote is.:cool:

The way I looked at it was........ If I bought the P4P instead, I would still have to buy an HDMI board ($100) and an external BT GPS ($100), :cool:

What am I missing here? You say you'd have to buy a external bluetooth GPS to use the P4P. Can you explain why? I thought most Android devices had built-in GPS, even without cellular support. It would seem to me there's no problem using an Android device, such as an nVidia Shield K1, or even iOS with cellular (in a few weeks).

Are you talking about the CrystalSky 7.9" Do we know if it has GPS integrated? That's the display I'm waiting for. 5.5" is too small for me, and I know when 7.9" is released a 5.5" display would quickly be thrown in the closet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka