If you know where and just can't get to it because thick brush. see if you can find two 14 or 15 age olds given $20 each.
don't give up. I would think that map would get you with in 20 feet. you agree Db.

If you know where and just can't get to it because thick brush. see if you can find two 14 or 15 age olds given $20 each.
don't give up. I would think that map would get you with in 20 feet. you agree Db.

It should get you close, if it auto landed you should be within 20 feet. If it hit a power line or bird hundred feet up, you might have 100 foot radius to search

It should get you close, if it auto landed you should be within 20 feet. If it hit a power line or bird hundred feet up, you might have 100 foot radius to search
Looking at Maxwell's log, he was running on zero volts for some time and thats why auto landing kicked in. (This is 99% the same as a crash i had 3 weeks ago where battery % and volts shows fine in the DJI go app, but voltage is seriously zero and auto land kicks in but doesn't actually have enough voltage to finish the descent). Appears as though the last entry was 180 feet up .. and he was flying in a headwind. I bet he fell from 180 feet and didn't actually land. And I bet he drifted backwards too. I would look in that irrigation canal brush, south of the last reported GPS coordinates.

Any one got good range out of these CCP yet??
I wont be flying any time soon. No go on the recovery. Lost for good.

Maxwell - what firmware were you on? I see you are on DJI go 2.5.1 .. were you on 1.8 firmware?

Can you also share more about your experimental battery? (Maybe in the dual battery mod thread). Your log has some interesting stuff in it, a battery error shows at 9 seconds into the flight. The good news is that you ran on zero volts for 2m30sec according to the flight log, so your batteries did something! :)

Looking at Maxwell's log, he was running on zero volts for some time and thats why auto landing kicked in. (This is 99% the same as a crash i had 3 weeks ago where battery % and volts shows fine in the DJI go app, but voltage is seriously zero and auto land kicks in but doesn't actually have enough voltage to finish the descent). Appears as though the last entry was 180 feet up .. and he was flying in a headwind. I bet he fell from 180 feet and didn't actually land. And I bet he drifted backwards too. I would look in that irrigation canal brush, south of the last reported GPS coordinates.

Maxwell - what firmware were you on? I see you are on DJI go 2.5.1 .. were you on 1.8 firmware?

Can you also share more about your experimental battery? (Maybe in the dual battery mod thread). Your log has some interesting stuff in it, a battery error shows at 9 seconds into the flight. The good news is that you ran on zero volts for 2m30sec according to the flight log, so your batteries did something! :)

I agree please share some more about this experiment so we can better understand

My problem with recovering the bird is that the terrain is so over grown I cant get thru it. And I am a ARMY vet, even if the P3 fell out the sky it would be fine. Because the brush in that field is over my head. I could be standing right next to it and not see it. I did search the canal and any area that I could force my way thru. It is just to dense. I don't think having a second drone fly over would do any good. I am really POed at my self.
I was running two DJI batteries . One was carried under the VPS sensor. :(

My problem with recovering the bird is that the terrain is so over grown I cant get thru it. And I am a ARMY vet, even if the P3 fell out the sky it would be fine. Because the brush in that field is over my head. I could be standing right next to it and not see it. I did search the canal and any area that I could force my way thru. It is just to dense. I don't think having a second drone fly over would do any good. I am really POed at my self.
I was running two DJI batteries . One was carried under the VPS sensor. :(
I'm curious, did you take the 2nd one apart? Did you document what you did? I'm sure others would be interested in seeing what you did too :).

Reactions: dirtybum
I just did it like DB dues with the Multistar 5200. I taped the battery under the bird. I already had the main board wired with a XT60. I then rigged a 2 spade to XT60 on to the DJi battery. As you can see I was overconfident in this case. My panels worked great, no signal loss.

Ahhh that sucks man. Can't really tell from Google Maps how dense the brush is, that makes more sense. If ya pay for gas and beer, I'll drive from Oregon to help look ;) (pending my wifes approval)

So whats the plan Max?

So whats the plan Max?

Looks like he's already resigned to the fact that it's lost. That's hard to do though, early on in this hobby, I lost one, I went back to that woodlot I suspected it auto landed in three different times. I did flyovers a dozen times. It's tough when you know it's in there somewhere. One bird went down in the middle of the river, I never looked back, I could rest easy knowing it was gone.
Oh by the way, the one in the woodlot was returned to me seven months later because I had my name and number on it. Someone found it when there was less leaves on the ground, they saw the shiny white shell and thought it was a shedded deer antler, so they walked in and retrieved it and then called me up out of the blue[emoji41] my name and number goes on every aircraft now and I recommend you do the same because you never know

Looks like he's already resigned to the fact that it's lost. That's hard to do though, early on in this hobby, I lost one, I went back to that woodlot I suspected it auto landed in three different times. I did flyovers a dozen times. It's tough when you know it's in there somewhere. One bird went down in the middle of the river, I never looked back, I could rest easy knowing it was gone.
Oh by the way, the one in the woodlot was returned to me seven months later because I had my name and number on it. Someone found it when there was less leaves on the ground, they saw the shiny white shell and thought it was a shedded deer antler, so they walked in and retrieved it and then called me up out of the blue[emoji41] my name and number goes on every aircraft now and I recommend you do the same because you never know
I'm going to buy this. I have the camera and gimball off my P3P I crashed a way back. When I get this flying I am going to go find the other one I hope.
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ADV Aircraft - No Transmitter,Camera,Battery,Charger
My number is on all my birds.

I'm going to buy this. I have the camera and gimball off my P3P I crashed a way back. When I get this flying I am going to go find the other one I hope.
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ADV Aircraft - No Transmitter,Camera,Battery,Charger

I agree that you should get another one, but if you plan on waiting for a flyover mission to find it, youre waisting precious time! I've yet to find one personally that way or hear of someone finding one that way. The preview quality just isn't strong enough. I once tried to help a farmer look for a cow in at 3 square mile cornfield. Burned up three batteries and couldn't find something that large. Your best bet is to get some long sleeves on and some boots and go look for the old fashion way if you have any hope of finding it

I agree that you should get another one, but if you plan on waiting for a flyover mission to find it, youre waisting precious time! I've yet to find one personally that way or hear of someone finding one that way. The preview quality just isn't strong enough. I once tried to help a farmer look for a cow in at 3 square mile cornfield. Burned up three batteries and couldn't find something that large. Your best bet is to get some long sleeves on and some boots and go look for the old fashion way if you have any hope of finding it
I plan to go back out there over the weekend, and try. I will take the gopro to show you guys what I am up against, that is some bad bush and 100 degrees, and 110% humidity. You have to experience Texas humidity to know what it is. I have not give up yet but my hope is shrinking. I think pictures in 4K and then bring them home and blow them up on the big screen may work. Cant hurt. I was in a special unit in the ARMY, and I am no stranger to tough obstacles. I am in my 60s so I have slowed down. And I hurt my back at work today and cant do more then lay here and take pain pills ,so I hope you can read this.? You guys are a real help and I like the Comradery we have here on this site. I am missing my P3P a lot, I had a Fireworks show to film, and now it wont be .:(:(
DB and all you guys have been great with good advice. So now I wait for the advanced to get here, and hope it helps.

I guess DB has no worries of me breaking any records. I'm dune rambling. By.

Hey Maxwell, when it rains it pours but you've been through worse than this and got through it!! Sorry to hear about your back, that's always a rough one! I lived in the Houston area for five years so I know exactly what you're dealing with(I worked construction outdoors) I also lived in the East Texas area and it does get very thick there, probably as thick as I've seen anywhere. And if you don't find it you've already got a plan B. Get well soon buddy[emoji41]

Connectors came in so ill be posting some pics later tonight and hopefully test tomorrow if the weather lets me

Reactions: seb evans
Yeah I was thinking bout doing pics or maybe a vid of each step I'm doing along with parts and tools needed...what do you all think? If you guys want me to do that l can. I'm excited!! I've been waiting for those frkn connectors for ever!! now I have everything to finish it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom