Central or Western New York

Hello everyone, My name is Bill i live in auburn ny. Near syracuse ny. I have been flying fixed wing aircraft for years. I bought a dji phantom 2 with zemuse gimbal and gopro hero 3+ black edition last winter.I have had several flights since then. The very cold weather dose have a effect on the electronics on everthing.But i was still able to fly in the winter!!!!!! I do have videos of all of my flights. In good weather i was able to go up to almost 2 miles with the phantom 2 , but you must switch out your antennas. That is the trick !!!!

I fly in the Moravia area in the summer months.

I fly mostly at the STARS club field in Pennellville. You are always welcome to fly if a member is at the field. Must be an AMA member.

New Phantom 3 owner and new to Forum. Live south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes. Is there a group in the Greater Rochester area that meets to fly and share info, tips etc?

New Phantom 3 owner and new to Forum. Live south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes. Is there a group in the Greater Rochester area that meets to fly and share info, tips etc?
I am in Rochester, west side. I also fly in Central NY in the summer.

I'm in Niagara falls new York.broke my camera off my phantom 3 advanced second time flying.jumped the gun and ordered a new one but also now sent the broken one to be fixed.looking for someone local to help me and explain the settings

Which phone/model? Sometimes the video looks strange on fast moving footage like on gassy lawns or rows in a field on a small screen, especially if it's an older device.

I was up in the Adirondacks this past weekend. I have more photos on my FB page, Bleedin Iris Photography.
I went all the way up to long lake, but after I did my compass calibration, the guy who owns the seaplane charters up there came over and chatted. Since he was taking off very shortly, I left and headed back south since he was going to be flying in the area for the rest of the day. By FAA, that is his airspace/airport. But we had a good convo about my time flying for the Air Force and his for the Army.
Well here's a pano of Raquette Lake. **** I loving being back in CNY!
a706e4258c6351dafa30e81d855e59a7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl