Central or Western New York

No, that was last summer. I went back last fall after the leaves came down but didn't find it. I got another different model but wasn't satisfied with it's performance, so I decided to buy my Phantom. Got that in late Sept and flew it happily until winter settled in. I then got a Syma to fly inside over the winter. I burned out a motor then bought another Syma because I already had a supply of extra batteries. I then found a micro Syma that I really like. Then I got a Dromida FPV and am learning how to use that. The Phantom is miles above all the others, but the micro is great inside, and the Dromida FPV was $200, so I plan to use that in risky situations like over Lake Ontario. A whole lot less to loose if it crashes in the lake. The Dromida camera quality is good, but not in the Phantom's league.

I live in the Town of Tonawanda. Usually fly my Vision 2 + at Brighton Park near my home or up at my cottage in Crystal Beach Ontario.

I am in NYC for one day. Are there any regulations for flying in Central Park NYC (south western area)? I'll be there tomorrow morning so quick replies will be greatly appreciated.

Grand Island , NY here . Just bought the Phantom 3 . I like it but have only flown for about 8 min total lol . Looking forward to trying it out in other locations and haven't gone far from my starting point except elevation-wise . I'm afraid of losing it somewhere or not being able to communicate if it gets too far away

Look into a GPS tracker. There are many choices. I personally use the PocketFinder.

Reactions: dirkclod
Anyone with a phantom 3 willing to meet me and give me a crash course on how to use the pilot app and calibrate it etc. ? I'm moving from west seneca to grand island next week , and I have only flown mine for 8 min so , ya know ....

Last edited:
I'm in Oneonta, it's near Cooperstown

My Phantom 2 v2 is coming Wednesday

I'm anxious to get some time in with my GoPro 4 black and the G4-3D

I really want to play with FPV but the initial setup should keep me busy for a while

Matthew

I'm in Buffalo NY and also a new pilot. Found a few open areas but haven't flown over any water yet. I haven't had any issues flying but don't have the courage to do that yet.

I sometimes fly out at a park in Gates made up of mostly sports fields that is pretty empty most of the time.

@Grimfever - I avoid water but if I can't I always have my Getterback onboard in case of an unplanned water landing. :D

I sometimes fly out at a park in Gates made up of mostly sports fields that is pretty empty most of the time.

@Grimfever - I avoid water but if I can't I always have my Getterback onboard in case of an unplanned water landing. :D
Getterback.....?! Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of nor do I know what that does. Although I don't anticipate any water landings in my near future, some knowledge on this could still be helpful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl