Central or Western New York

I just joined this group. I own a P2V and live just north of Rochester in Irondequoit. I have many questions regarding autonomous flight using the Ground Station.

Hi Mike. As soon as Spring decides to show up I plan on using my GS I got for Christmas. I am trying to learn the PC version for the additional options. It is more difficult to use than the iPad version. Maybe we could get together and fly sometime.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Mike. As soon as Spring decides to show up I plan on using my GS I got for Christmas. I am trying to learn the PC version for the additional options. It is more difficult to use than the iPad version. Maybe we could get together and fly sometime.
Yes, sounds great. Where do you fly?

I usually fly at a nearby park (Gates Park or Greece Canal Park) and around the area for scenic views. I also fly a lot in Central NY. How about you?

I use a closed school yard in my neighborhood when it is not otherwise occupied. Very convenient, about 2 miles away. Kind of small though. Also Durand Eastman Park, and Braddock Bay Park. I just started in late September so I only have a few months experience. I got a Syma X5C to mess around with inside and to work on my stick skills. I would like to connect with you sometime to pick your brain.

Hello from Niagara Falls, NY!!!

Received my P2V 15 minutes before the P2V+ came out. Still love the P2V, but suffer occasional envy pangs!!! LOL

Usually flying her over the Town of Lewiston near the lower Niagara River neighborhoods or over the upper Niagara River near the North Grand Island Bridge. Have modified the antennas to achieve 1900-2200' FPV range over land and about 3500' over water. (& yes, I have sank one P2V already!!!)

Looking for more extended range to ultimately be able to fly safely from the roof top of the One Niagara building for FPV and photos of Niagara Falls before the commercial tour helicopters start flying again. :? Almost there, but the weather is not cooperating. Should any of you plan on being be in "the hood", look me up before hand & I'll arrange for you to try it too. :geek:

Good luck & happy flying!

Paul
Hi Paul I am on Youngstown and looking now into buying one. Trying to research as to which phantom to buy etc etc. Maybe a used one to get my feet wet, not sure. Suggestions?

Hi Paul I am on Youngstown and looking now into buying one. Trying to research as to which phantom to buy etc etc. Maybe a used one to get my feet wet, not sure. Suggestions?
Right now is a great time to buy used as the prices are lower now that the new model is out.

I'm curious if there are other Phantom Pilots in Buffalo, NY or surrounding suburbs? I am not surprised because I have only been flying in couple locations near my house.
I live in youngstown ny and I am looking to buy a phantom now. Not sure which one......but looking!

Does any one have any experience with using GROUND STATION? I am just starting to figure it out.

Just completed my first autonomous flight. Short 2 waypoint route. Still it takes a leap of faith to watch your bird fly away without being on the sticks. No need to worry, as it completed it's route perfectly, as advertised.

Reactions: Matthewd5
IPhone. I have the iPad version but I can't get it to connect with the P2V. The app for the iPhone has one installed with it. Not as comprehensive as the iPad one, but autonomous flight is autonomous flight. Thanks for responding to the post.

I installed a GS app on my iPad but it won't load on my P2V+. I read online that it was designed for the earlier Phantoms. I haven't seen the PC version. I will look for it on YouTube . Thanks

Congrats. Is that your first Phantom? I hear the H4 is fantastic. I am over in Irondequoit just north of Rochester.

First drone period! BUT...crashed it today and ripped out the ribbon cable by the camera/gimbal. Not sure what I did but I may have shut the motors down while preparing to land it.
So.....done for awhile! Lol

Ouch....sorry to hear that. The toggle switches on the top of the transmitter are very vulnerable, in my opinion. S1 and S2 I think they are called. I am forever switching them inadvertently with arm, and I know they can turn off the GPS mode and put you into ATTI, whatever the hell that is. I hope the repair is quick and not too expensive. I started out with a $100 toy quad and stuck it into the tallest tree in the park on my first day.

That's funny! Did you ever get it out of that tree? Hopefully I will get it going again soon. Waiting for the part to come in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1