Central or Western New York

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Any pilots in the central or western NY area?

Reactions: greek286
I don't have mine yet. I'm doing the research. and I don't see much of a point of buying now while we are getting hammered with crazy weather. I can be patient. I guess I'm looking for a gopro mount setup with FPV. For areal photography. I want to shoot waterfalls and beaches for my website. I know I'm going to get the 2 with zenmuse gimbal... just not sure about FPV setup. Not sure where to buy yet either. Once I do, I want to fly it every weekend.
I'm in Churchville, outside of Rochester.

Howdy neighbor! I am in the Ogden area. Currently RC aircraft inventory consist of a HeliMax 1Si mini quad with cam, an X525 built quad with a KK board and a couple of coaxial Helis. My new Phantom 2 was due yesterday but there was some issue so not until Tuesday. I will get a FPV in the summer after I get some airtime with the new bird. I am not worried about the weather to much as I am hoping to get some good snow videos before the season ends. We get a decent day every so often :lol:

I hate snow and cold weather.... so I don't want to buy my Phantom now and be so tempted to go out in this mess. All I have now is a little LadyBird with video that I'm using to practice with until i get my Phantom. I just picked up the Gopro to learn how to take/edit video with. Researching on the best FPV to get too.

Hi.

I'm in Henrietta, Rochester. Phantom 2 Vision arrived yesterday, blizzard arriving today so haven't flown yet. This is my first multi-rotor - previously flew helicopters.

Reactions: Matthewd5
Living in the Tonawandas. Got the PV2 Vision. Have several flights under my belt. Very much fun to fly. Getting steady shots is not as easy as I thought. Need a bit more flying experience to perfect my technique.

I'm in Webster, just northeast of Rochester, next to Irondequoit Bay, and about a mile south of Ontario's south shore. I expect my Vision+ to arrive in the next couple weeks. I've downloaded the pdf manuals, etc. and read them cover to cover. I plan to take my time learning to fly it 'cause (for me, anyway) it's a serious investment. Before the first flight I'll put a label on it saying If found, call 585-xxx-xxxx for REWARD.

Reactions: Matthewd5
Hello from Niagara Falls, NY!!!

Received my P2V 15 minutes before the P2V+ came out. Still love the P2V, but suffer occasional envy pangs!!! LOL

Usually flying her over the Town of Lewiston near the lower Niagara River neighborhoods or over the upper Niagara River near the North Grand Island Bridge. Have modified the antennas to achieve 1900-2200' FPV range over land and about 3500' over water. (& yes, I have sank one P2V already!!!)

Looking for more extended range to ultimately be able to fly safely from the roof top of the One Niagara building for FPV and photos of Niagara Falls before the commercial tour helicopters start flying again. :? Almost there, but the weather is not cooperating. Should any of you plan on being be in "the hood", look me up before hand & I'll arrange for you to try it too. :geek:

Good luck & happy flying!

Paul

I get over there sometimes. You have a great location for some amazing footage with Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Fort Niagara the Lower Niagara Escarpment and the list goes on.

LuvMyTJ said:
Any pilots in the central or western NY area?

Hi,

My name is Jim. I live in Geneseo and am very interested in purchasing the Phantom 2.

I'd like to find out as much as possible about it before I buy.

I would gladly provide an airplane ride (In my small two place) in return for a demonstration !

Hope to hear from you .........

Jim
[email protected]

I would be happy to give you a demonstration if the weather would cooperate. I am in the Spencerport area near Rochester.
I fly a Phantom 2, Zenmuse, Gopro and a FPV monitor.

Just picked up the Phantom FC40, Buffalo area. Few small flights in the area, still practicing and getting some flight time in.

I picked up the Phantom V2 non-vision at the end of July. It is setup with FPV and I have been flying in Como Park out in Lancaster mostly. I have also gone flying at Edisto Island in SC last month. I haven't run into anyone out this way with a Phantom or any other quad copters yet.

New member here from Madison County, just got a vision + v3!
so far, only a few flights, the weather hasn't been great and this
thing called work takes up too much daylight!
looking forward to next spring, warmer weather, daylight after work,
and exploring different areas of CNY for some cool videos!

I'm curious if there are other Phantom Pilots in Buffalo, NY or surrounding suburbs? I am not surprised because I have only been flying in couple locations near my house.

I have been flying in Central NY near Moravia on the weekends. Anyone in that area?

Hi LuvMyTJ, i'm up in Rochester but would interested in meeting up sometime for some flying in the finger lakes once the weather is a little nicer. I have a Phantom 2 Cinema setup from DSLR Pros.

I dont own yet, still trying to figure out which to buy. I am from Madison County as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20