Camera quality phantom 4 excellent

Reaction score
Well, as an almost newby.....few
montesano.jpg
dozen flights now, I have to admit I am scratching my head over the negative comments regarding the photo quality of the new Phantom 4. Perhaps I suffer from low expectations, but it looks pretty darn good to me.

Considering there is only a 12 mega pixel camera on the bird. Would I like a 20 Plus, you betcha, but considering the technology available to us for under $1,500 in our hands.....I ain't complaining.

Attaching a sample pic of my little town here in Wa State....taken in RAW format and adjusted for exp contrast etc.

As far as video quality, I have found shooting in 4k is definitely the way to go. The ability to crop the 4k tight for final presentation on places like youtube make the quality so much better than shooting in a standard 1080p I was used to. I have a pretty high end Panasonic ac130 that doesn't shoot this quality.

Under $1,500 bucks....what a time we live in.

Reactions: ftttu and Mark C.
And by the way, the complaint about video quality is not that it is bad for a relatively cheap camera, but that it is wose than the quality of a P3P.

Reactions: ChrisLaxamana
well for what it's worth, I do my own research and from what I have seen in Videos from P4 owners is that its a much better video quality than the P3. I base that comment on what I have viewed in 4K and 1080 online from ordinary people. If I end up buying one, it will be based on the quality of the video in 4K alone. But for now I wait until I get feedback of how the typhoon H goes. At this stage Im leaning towards the H more than the p4

Reactions: KevMo Photog
well for what it's worth, I do my own research and from what I have seen in Videos from P4 owners is that its a much better video quality than the P3. I base that comment on what I have viewed in 4K and 1080 online from ordinary people. If I end up buying one, it will be based on the quality of the video in 4K alone. But for now I wait until I get feedback of how the typhoon H goes. At this stage Im leaning towards the H more than the p4
I'm getting the H but I'll be surprised if the CGO3 is as good as the P4 video. The CGO3 is essentially a security camera in 4K. Someone popped it open and it's actually a security camera from another Chinese company that manufactures the cameras for Yuneec. I'm far from a DJI fan boy and I will have the H soon. Any day now actually so I have no dog in the race.

Also, it's a vocal minority with the video issues but there are definitely SOME issues with a few of the P4s.

The video quality of the tweaked camera in the P4 is definitely better than the P3P, contrary to what some say (unless they are having an issue of course) and I think it's better than the X3 on the lower end Inspire too.

Reactions: cokeaddict
I'm getting the H but I'll be surprised if the CGO3 is as good as the P4 video. The CGO3 is essentially a security camera in 4K. Someone popped it open and it's actually a security camera from another Chinese company that manufactures the cameras for Yuneec. I'm far from a DJI fan boy and I will have the H soon. Any day now actually so I have no dog in the race.

Also, it's a vocal minority with the video issues but there are definitely SOME issues with a few of the P4s.

The video quality of the tweaked camera in the P4 is definitely better than the P3P, contrary to what some say (unless they are having an issue of course) and I think it's better than the X3 on the lower end Inspire too.

Do not confuse the CGO3 with the CGO3+ (typhoon H camera) Its a much better camera all round. In the past 2 days I have seen its ability in the hands of people who make a living from these birds and I have to say the end result was mind blowing (as is the results of the P4). being able to watch them in true 4K as I can, It blew me away. will keep doing research before committing. I have time on my side as my 2 Phantom 2's keep me happy for now.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Do not confuse the CGO3 with the CGO3+ (typhoon H camera) Its a much better camera all round. In the past 2 days I have seen its ability in the hands of people who make a living from these birds and I have to say the end result was mind blowing (as is the results of the P4). being able to watch them in true 4K as I can, It blew me away. will keep doing research before committing. I have time on my side as my 2 Phantom 2's keep me happy for now.
If you're going from a P2 to the Yuneec TH you should be happy, since both use Wifi with limited distance capability. Lightbridge is what sets P3 and P4 apart IMO. 2+ mile range is pretty incredible, and you can go even farther if you push it with antenna mods. The key thing I have learned to appreciate, coming from a Yuneec Q500+ to the P3, then P4, is the portablity of the Phantom. It's a breeze to take the Phantom on vacation in a backpack, not so with the Q500+, and I believe the TH is too big for carry-on to easily travel. I travel a lot for business, so I always pad my timing to fly once or twice in scenic places I visit. So the small size and Lightbridge are two hooks that Phantom has placed firmly into my sole. There are many other things I like about Phantom, but I don't want to come across as a fanboy, as my P4 does have issues that I'm dealing with. Still, it's a great bird. I think drones this complicated will always have issues. I still fly my P3P the most, it's the most issue-free at the moment. :p Here's my latest folly....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan