camera cards cheap

and $3 more gets you a card reader.

thats $25 for 1 32gb card. the OP listing is *2* 32gb cards for $17.

However, I do like the sandisk extreme cards and use them in my cameras.
Yeah they are for sure a steal if you don't need write speed, since I like to do HDR and AEB photos and HDR panorama shots, I need the fastest write speed I can find that is still affordable and that is why I posted the cards I bought for a steal today.

I believe these 633x cards already support the fastest write speed that DJI can deliver. Anything more than 633x is overkill on a Phantom that will only speed up transfer to the computer, which you will only get with a USB 3.0 card reader. Anything larger than 16GB is also overkill, because you cannot max out a 16GB card with even a 30+ minute flight recorded in full 4K. However, 32GB for less than a 16GB is still great! Just don't get lazy and not swap cards after every flight! That way you will never lose any more than the current flight's recordings, even if you never recover the aircraft. :cool:

The amount of time that it takes for the phantom to save 5 AEB shots or an HDR shot is relative to the write speed of the card, the faster the write speed the less time you have to wait between shots. The 633x Write speed cards are the best but the Lexar cards the OP linked to are only 633x read speeds and 20 megabytes per second write speed. That may be good for transferring files to your computer but it doesn't help transfer data to the card very fast
b43ea9d3f865559ca1d2c03ff0ab13ec.jpg

Last edited:
You are wrong Gadgetguy, I personally know as I have been testing this. The amount of time that it takes for the phantom to save 5 AEB shots or an HDR shot is relative to the write speed of the card, the faster the write speed the less time you have to wait between shots. The 633x Write speed cards are the best but the Lexar cards the OP linked to are only 633x read speeds and 20 megabytes per second write speed. That may be good for transferring files to your computer but it doesn't help transfer data to the card very fast
b43ea9d3f865559ca1d2c03ff0ab13ec.jpg
Thanks for the testing and the correction. :cool: For 4K video, it doesn't seem to matter, as even the slowest cards can keep up, from my own testing, and that of others. However, I haven't been doing many AEB shots recently, nor spherical panoramas, but I intend to! Write speed is definitely a factor there, because of the tiny buffer in the camera, especially when the camera supports the higher write speed, which you have discovered. Confirmed in this thread, too! MicroSD card testing for photography, 5 shot AEB

I just found the exact same 32GB Extreme Plus card for the same price at B&H without sales tax, and ordered 2 to get free expedited shipping. Thanks for the tip! Price expires at midnight Saturday!
SanDisk 32GB Extreme Plus UHS-I microSDHC SDSQXSG-032G-ANCMA B&H

Last edited:
So how fast can the Phantom actually write? The specs say 40 Mbps(P3A) and 60 Mbps(P3P). Is that a typo from DJI? Wouldn't that mean the hold up would be the camera write speed since the card I listed would outrun either of these speeds?

Just an FYI - Best Buy will match B&H even if there is not one in your state. I've had them do it a few times, most recently for a P3 battery for $114. I will go there today to pick up another 32 GB card. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So how fast can the Phantom actually write? The specs say 40 Mbps(P3A) and 60 Mbps(P3P). Is that a typo from DJI? Wouldn't that mean the hold up would be the camera write speed since the card I listed would outrun either of these speeds?
Just so we are clear, the card you listed is 20 megabytes per second for the write speed. Also those specs always say up to, continuous write speed is slower

Thanks for the testing and the correction. :cool: For 4K video, it doesn't seem to matter, as even the slowest cards can keep up, from my own testing, and that of others. However, I haven't been doing many AEB shots recently, nor spherical panoramas, but I intend to! Write speed is definitely a factor there, because of the tiny buffer in the camera, especially when the camera supports the higher write speed, which you have discovered. Confirmed in this thread, too! MicroSD card testing for photography, 5 shot AEB

I just found the exact same 32GB Extreme Plus card for the same price at B&H without sales tax, and ordered 2 to get free expedited shipping. Thanks for the tip! Price expires at midnight Saturday!
SanDisk 32GB Extreme Plus UHS-I microSDHC SDSQXSG-032G-ANCMA B&H
Cool thanks! I bought a bunch so I think I will return them to Bestbuy and buy at B&H

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Just so we are clear, the card you listed is 20 megabytes per second for the write speed. Also those specs always say up to, continuous write speed is slower
Yes, the cards I listed are 20 MBps write speed. DJI lists the phantom 3 at 40 & 60 Mbps. Mbps = Mega bits per second, MBps = Mega bytes per second. So, according to DJI specs the Phantom has write capability of 40 Mbps (or 5 MBps) and 60 Mbps (or 7.5 MBps).

My question is this: Does the phantom write data at faster than what is listed in the specs?

Yes, the cards I listed are 20 MBps write speed. DJI lists the phantom 3 at 40 & 60 Mbps. Mbps = Mega bits per second, MBps = Mega bytes per second. So, according to DJI specs the Phantom has write capability of 40 Mbps (or 5 MBps) and 60 Mbps (or 7.5 MBps).

My question is this: Does the phantom write data at faster than what is listed in the specs?
yes for photos, the spec you are quoting is the "Max Video Bitrate" which is lower.

Ok, good. So what is the write speed of the phantom for photo's?
i am not sure but there is a noticeable difference between cards (for photo bursts and HDR) video does not really matter.

Just an FYI - Best Buy will match B&H even if there is not one in your state. I've had them do it a few times, most recently for a P3 battery for $114. I will go there today to pick up another 32 GB card. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Indeed, they will, but Best Buy still has to charge sales tax on the price match, while B&H only charges sales tax in NY. Saves up to 8.75-9.75% depending upon your state and county.

i am not sure, but there is a noticeable difference between cards (for photo bursts and HDR)-- video does not really matter.
Indeed. Been confirmed in several threads. For 4K Video, it doesn't matter, as the fastest write speed is 10Mbs. It will make a difference for AEB, reducing the time interval until the next shot series can be taken, and time is money, especially when the battery is burning, and still needs juice to make it back home. More AEB shots per flight!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl