Buying new tablet, what works the best?

You think it's better learning to fly hands on?

Go to a big farm field where you can go 100 feet in each direction and it will be impossible to crash. GPS mode does not require any skill. The skill comes in if you want to fly by 'objects' closely. People crash into trees/etc but that is mostly because people want to get the shot and are pushing their abilities.

Is there any meaningful difference (for Phantom use) between Ipad Air, Air 2, and the soon to be released Air 3?

I'm reading that Air 3 will be released in September, and that is going to hit the prices for Air and Air 2 I presume...

Anyone find a good one foot lightning cable to use? I have a 1 meter and wrap it up but I would really like a shorter cable.

Is there any meaningful difference (for Phantom use) between Ipad Air, Air 2, and the soon to be released Air 3?

I'm reading that Air 3 will be released in September, and that is going to hit the prices for Air and Air 2 I presume...
Here's the deal. If you want to fly now go out and get an iPad that you like. If you want to wait then there might be an iPad introduced in September or there might not be. No one knows for sure. The prices of the iPad Air 2 may drop or they might not be. It's a total crap shoot. I'll tell you that the Air 2 is super nice and pretty fast. It works flawlessly with the Phantom 3. You could even pick one up at a savings through Apples refurb store. If you only want one for the Phantom you can get by cheap with a 16 GB model.

I've been using this without an issue

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440071021.188774.jpg

Thanks for the info.
I bought a sim and it has definitely got me flying better on the screen, ordered a P3 today, so looking forward to putting the practice into practice.

I have now test iPad Air2. Before I have use Nvidia Shield. I must say, iPad works perfect, no lag, no suttering. Nvidia is not hopeles, it has little bit suttering. If you go for Android, it is Nvidia.
I hope DJI can optimize DJI GO for Android. The performance of Android devices is not the problem, problemis the app....

So the droid streams live, but the Air 2 doesn't? And the Air 2 works on the simulator? I wonder what the least expensive mobile device does both? I'm new to the scene so the flight simulator is a priority for me; however, the live streaming is not too far away either. Any suggestions?

Yes iPad Air 2 streams video live. To your device and to your own YouTube channel as well. You would need a SIM card for that too.
Where did you get the false info?
Only the iOS devices have the Phantom SIM in their Go app. True.

RedHotPoker

Yes iPad Air 2 streams video live. To your device and to your own YouTube channel as well. You would need a SIM card for that too.
Where did you get the false info?
Only the iOS devices have the Phantom SIM in their Go app. True.

RedHotPoker

That's not completely accurate. You can stream from an iPad/iPhone via wifi as well.

To what YouTube? All devices stream video back to the Go App.

RedHotPoker

I blew my wad on a P3A; waiting to be shipped & should be here early next week. Been online here & various other P3 sites...reading like a mad fool and practicing on my little U818A trainer for the past few days. So I just learned that my 4s won't work; that I need a A7/A8 processer & prolly 2G RAM. Do I man-up for a 6s? Hold out for a deal on a Air2 w/cellular, or maybe a mini2 w/cellular OR waste $100 on something like a Nexus7/'13 just to get by until I can do the system proper w/an Air2? Ugh.:mad::tongueclosed:

Wait for an iPad Air 3 Cellular, like I already mentioned.
Moving ahead & not behind. Future guard your Pricey investment. ;-)
Who knows what the next in line @dji Phantom WILL require for brilliant processing.

RedHotPoker

The Air 3 Cellular will be released very soon, & well worth the painstaking wait. Hang on to your hard earned cash, it will be here before long. It will be thee big Boss, so plan on it lasting you a good while.;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164