Blasted at the river

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw and found the other thread as your tittle read Blasted at the river which lead's you to think it was shot .
I don't think so and being this is a DJI forum and is posted in our other 3DR site unless someone with a solo here can shed some light on this all I see this as is a way to get something stirred up about LE and it is not .As one in 3DR said
so that may be an issue with that brand I don't know we will see maybe.
Other than that unless you have proof of the LE involvement I see no need of them being even brought into this and Is Not.
Hey guys the only reason I posted here is to get more feedback and I'm not accusing anyone I myself think or hope it was a more logical reason for the indecent. However I wanted to see if anyone else had or heard of a similar incident and to inform other drone enthusiasts of this really strange occurrence Thanks for the replies everyone Shift

Some time ago I was on the French coast. I had then problems with my drone because the connection with the drone responded to the frequency of the harborservice. The drone didn't respond to my commands, but as if an external transmitter was active. I almost immediately saw the problem and got the drone safely out of the air.

You may have also be a victim of this. Anyway, all of these are assumptions and it is difficult to prove it in practice.
Thanks for the reply all good to know but as for my incedent my drone just shut of and dropped straight into the river no lost of control no upset in its ability to stabilize just dropped dead
Some time ago I was on the French coast. I had then problems with my drone because the connection with the drone responded to the frequency of the harborservice. The drone didn't respond to my commands, but as if an external transmitter was active. I almost immediately saw the problem and got the drone safely out of the air.

You may have also be a victim of this. Anyway, all of these are assumptions and it is difficult to prove it in practice.

Solo log file retrieval
@shiftomoto try this,link is on other page .I upload this wrong it was sposed to be with your blasted at the river posting
Mayby this can be moved please moderator, ,sorry for this.....it's early , the link gives you a 7 page pdf download with all info.......can this be moved please,
I'm signing out got sic dog screaming in pain
It's going to be one of those days

Last edited by a moderator:
OK guys just got on and saw this needed to be moved but is here now .Thanks Ianzone .
Now shift you can find out for sure hopefully just what did happen.
Added...This was posted in his thread in 3DR System Logs | 3DR Solo Development Guide
So with all of that and the other one...... Whoop there it is

Last edited:
OK guys he has posted the files in his thread in 3DR last post as of now. Maybe someone can get them and see what happened.
he might be back to post them here but hasn't yet . JYI .Blasted at the river

Ok Guys here are my controller logs if someone would be kind enough to interpret them. Thanks Shift

Attachments

• logs.zip
    924.8 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: dirkclod
Two things:
1 - The most likely scenario would have been a rifle or pistol shot which you would have heard a report.
2 - the odds of a random police skiff in a river having a drone blaster are slim to none. Exception being if it's an area they suspect for drugs or other contraband. I'm pretty sure they don't have carte blanche to blast drones out of the sky on a maybe and this doesn't even sound like a border of any kind.

Reactions: Myetkt
I don't know where Hidden Beaches is, but virtually all of the Colorado River is within one national park or another. OP was most likely operating in a prohibited area.

Next step would be to contact the Sheriff's Dept and ascertain whether or not they have one of the RF transmitting "Drone Droppers". Maybe the local newspaper could find that out for you if you contact the police beat reporter. If they have one then it's possible they caused it. If they don't have one then there was another issue.

Reactions: MTO
Hate them guys .
Got this from 3DR and P2P read the logs .
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 10.25.40 AM.png

Um interesting,you should have given pursuit,,I would have,,there a few of these in service and would not surprise meView attachment 103131,,,sorry for your loss go see police for reparation , they probly play innocent anyway

Could you explain what the device is or where there are reference materials to learn about the device pictured?

Cops could have shot it down with a pellet gun , no noise and easily effective at 100ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94