Blasted at the river

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I was flying my drone at the colorado river today and everything was going as expected when I noticed a police boat arrive. I just kept flying over the river and back for a couple minutes at a altitude of about 100 feet. The police boat watched and then repositioned down river by a couple hundred feet. I continued flying for a couple more minutes and then all of a sudden my drone just quit midair and dropped out of the sky into the river at which time the police boat just left. I don't want to sound like a Idiot so I'm not going too say I think they did something to my drone. But I have never had so much as a glitch with this drone it was well within range had 65% battery and gave no warning or acted out of the norm before just dropping out of the sky. So anyway I just wanted to get someone else's take on the. situation. So Let know what you think thanks Shift

Reactions: Ekki
So I was flying my drone at the colorado river today and everything was going as expected when I noticed a police boat arrive. I just kept flying over the river and back for a couple minutes at a altitude of about 100 feet. The police boat watched and then repositioned down river by a couple hundred feet. I continued flying for a couple more minutes and then all of a sudden my drone just quit midair and dropped out of the sky into the river at which time the police boat just left. I don't want to sound like a Idiot so I'm not going too say I think they did something to my drone. But I have never had so much as a glitch with this drone it was well within range had 65% battery and gave no warning or acted out of the norm before just dropping out of the sky. So anyway I just wanted to get someone else's take on the. situation. So Let know what you think thanks Shift
Um interesting,you should have given pursuit,,I would have,,there a few of these in service and would not surprise me
20180904_123209.jpg
,,,sorry for your loss go see police for reparation , they probly play innocent anyway

You should upload your flight log and allow these guys take a look under the hood. Following is a link with instructions. DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Come back here and post a link to the page that opens after uploading your flight log.

It sucks you lost your sUAS but the odds of them 'knocking it down" are nill to none.

Do as suggested above and submit your info for evaluation.

Yip be good to see,the waiting is a killer,,,,very strange how they there and it goes down,something dodgy there,but yes I'm patient I can wait bit longer I think before I comment again,sitting on my hands,,,,,and yes police do do a good job but my years of experience with being on the wrong side,I would never trust them,

Hmmm... maybe he zapped it with radar gun. Definitely upload flight log.
Might be a coincidence... might not.

We’re you anywhere close to where the 2 boats collided?

Curios @shiftomoto what where you flying and welcome to the forum.
Do as others have posted and they will tell you what happened.
// scratch that I see it was a solo Blasted at the river

Reactions: pe9999
Hmmm... maybe he zapped it with radar gun. Definitely upload flight log.
Might be a coincidence... might not.
The only way they would have done it if he was flying in a prohibited area. By the way, how the police can legally have a pistol radar to kill drones? It's not illegal according to the FAA?

Come on guys let’s not start this debate till the op comes back.

You could rule out any conspiracy theories by using the following link and posting back the file to be interpreted by the gurus on this forum:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
My drone was a solo I posted on this forum hoping to get more feedback.anyway thanks for the replies.being my drone was a solo I don't suppose there is anyway of reviewing the flight data is there? I have another solo and go pro and I realize There are plenty of logical possibilities for what happened and was just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar occurrence. It just seemed a little strange the way the police boat repositioned watched and then left as soon as it crashed I was approached by more than a couple of bystanders afterwards that immediately accuse the police boat.I'm not a conspiracy theorists but it did all seem very wierd

My drone was a solo I posted on this forum hoping to get more feedback.anyway thanks for the replies.being my drone was a solo I don't suppose there is anyway of reviewing the flight data is there? I have another solo and go pro and I realize There are plenty of logical possibilities for what happened and was just curious to see if anyone else has had a similar occurrence. It just seemed a little strange the way the police boat repositioned watched and then left as soon as it crashed I was approached by more than a couple of bystanders afterwards that immediately accuse the police boat.I'm not a conspiracy theorists but it did all seem very wierd
My apologies for missing the 'solo' bit, if it was fitted with a GoPro at the time, were you able to get hold of any footage assuming you were able to retrieve it? If so, I've read that the data onboard the solo may be able to be retrieved and interrogated.

Some time ago I was on the French coast. I had then problems with my drone because the connection with the drone responded to the frequency of the harborservice. The drone didn't respond to my commands, but as if an external transmitter was active. I almost immediately saw the problem and got the drone safely out of the air.

You may have also be a victim of this. Anyway, all of these are assumptions and it is difficult to prove it in practice.

I saw and found the other thread as your tittle read Blasted at the river which lead's you to think it was shot .
I don't think so and being this is a DJI forum and is posted in our other 3DR site unless someone with a solo here can shed some light on this all I see this as is a way to get something stirred up about LE and it is not .As one in 3DR said
Sounds like an unfortunate incidence of either Motor Pod failure, an unlatching battery, or a battery failure.
so that may be an issue with that brand I don't know we will see maybe.
Other than that unless you have proof of the LE involvement I see no need of them being even brought into this and Is Not.

Reactions: Myetkt and BigAl07
When I first got a phantom the store owner was trying to persuade me to buy a solo- amongst the said benefits was superior detail in the flight logs from the controller. I don't know if this is true but i would be exploring potentially getting into the logs. I would think the chance that an LEA took the drone out of the sky would be among the least probable causes.

Reactions: dirkclod
Please don't tell for off for posting 3dr forum info but might help....yes I got a explorer hanging up exploring the ceiling,,,what a piece of toilet paper it is,bad investment but still goes
Screenshot_20180905-004604.jpg
20180905_004732.jpg
............interesting viewing over there might go stir it up a bit

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members