Blasted at the river

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a runaway situation once luckily in sight when it happened so at least the remnants were recovered. Your situation sounds ominous but before pointing fingers you do really need to line up your ducks. I know, it’s a lot of money, but every time we dust off we are taking a chance. Everyone keeps talking about the flight log and I think thats key. If your police boat beamed you and killed your $2500 rig, they owe you recompense, if it was a random software thing I think DJI would do you u right

So I was flying my drone at the colorado river today and everything was going as expected when I noticed a police boat arrive. I just kept flying over the river and back for a couple minutes at a altitude of about 100 feet. The police boat watched and then repositioned down river by a couple hundred feet. I continued flying for a couple more minutes and then all of a sudden my drone just quit midair and dropped out of the sky into the river at which time the police boat just left. I don't want to sound like a Idiot so I'm not going too say I think they did something to my drone. But I have never had so much as a glitch with this drone it was well within range had 65% battery and gave no warning or acted out of the norm before just dropping out of the sky. So anyway I just wanted to get someone else's take on the. situation. So Let know what you think thanks Shift

Other than EMP shot (which would risk taking out all kinds of things in the surrounding area), nothing is going to drop your drone like a rock. At best, they could interfere with your remote control signal, at which point the drone with either hover or RTH.

Reactions: Maddy
Is this only for phantom pilots or can anyone reply? I was flying my drone the other day, using my smartphone to control a wifi camera on the drone. The smartphone was in a holder on my controller. All was good till i heard my controller cherp and my dromida xl automatically landed due to interuption in signal. I found a little later it was my phone that caused the interupt. It was the same static i hear when my phone is near my clock radio. Anyway, you could have gotten radio problems that way.
Just a thought.

CHRIS

Other than EMP shot (which would risk taking out all kinds of things in the surrounding area), nothing is going to drop your drone like a rock. At best, they could interfere with your remote control signal, at which point the drone with either hover or RTH.

I simple pellet gun will drop a drone like a rock all you need to do is clip a prop which is simple to do considering it’s a 20”flying target

I simple pellet gun will drop a drone like a rock all you need to do is clip a prop which is simple to do considering it’s a 20”flying target
You would need to do more than hit a prop, you can trim 1/3 or more off the end of a rotir or two with a pair of pliers and the thing will still fly.

Are volunteering your bird for this little experiment,
No but perhaps you should- thats a ridiculous suggestion. My point is simple, your suggestion was clearly more assumption than knowledge. Hitting a rotor blade with a BB gun is exceptionally unlikely to take a DJI AC out of the sky. The experiment has already been done. There is more than one demo on youtube where they trim significant amounts of blade off a rotor and it still flys.

No but perhaps you should- thats a ridiculous suggestion. My point is simple, your suggestion was clearly more assumption than knowledge. Hitting a rotor blade with a BB gun is exceptionally unlikely to take a DJI AC out of the sky. The experiment has already been done. There is more than one demo on youtube where they trim significant amounts of blade off a rotor and it still flys.

Trimming a blade and shooting a pellet gun are two totally different things even a child would not make a comparison like that..

Trimming a blade and shooting a pellet gun are two totally different things even a child would not make a comparison like that..
A pair of side cutters is significantly more effective in removing a section of a nylon rotor blade than a pellet gun might be- my comparison is relevant. A child could easily appreciate why. Pellet gun projectile impact with a rotor blade, clipping a prop as you put it, would be very ineffective in bringing the drone down.

A pellet gun, from a couple hundred feet away at about 100 feet up? That's funny! A BB or a pellet fighting gravity and drag would have virtually no kinetic energy. Might leave a mark, but that's about it.

Could the “grays” or “greys” (extraterrestrials that many Americans claim interfere with their lives) be involved? For those with a passion for conspiracy, why limit yourself to the police?

Coincidences are commonplace and “added meaning” is often erroneously attached. Flying a drone, which then crashes, with a police boat nearby, is a good recipe for such a distortion.

Reactions: MTO
A pellet gun, from a couple hundred feet away at about 100 feet up? That's funny! A BB or a pellet fighting gravity and drag would have virtually no kinetic energy. Might leave a mark, but that's about it.

If it can shatter a bottle at a distance it’ll take down a drone , if your so sure it won’t launch your bird and let one of your friends fire away, in other words put your money where your mouth is [emoji3]

If it can shatter a bottle at a distance it’ll take down a drone , if your so sure it won’t launch your bird and let one of your friends fire away, in other words put your money where your mouth is [emoji3]
You never know. As a kid - and don't get on me about this, I was absolutely whacko and seriously needed medication back then - I was baffled that NYC's nasty-*** pigeons didn't even notice body strikes from a 400 fps pellet pistol. But auto glass certainly did.

I have a Gamo 1200 fps .177 pellet rifle that needs some exercise. Someone ship me an old drone cracked body and I'll string it up at the range and post the results.

You never know. As a kid - and don't get on me about this, I was absolutely whacko and seriously needed medication back then - I was baffled that NYC's nasty-a$$ pigeons didn't even notice body strikes from a 400 fps pellet pistol. But auto glass certainly did.

I have a Gamo 1200 fps .177 pellet rifle that needs some exercise. Someone ship me an old drone cracked body and I'll string it up at the range and post the results.
Yeh me like,,,whacKo yip that me all over and on meds to control it,lol just recent me was going to drop me p3s from height with the p4 because had ugly toilet bowl effect I could not sort out till recent,glad I not cause I fix it but would have been good to see,,,I let my neighbour (good mate)take couple shots at me p4 with 177 ,glad he missed,was a worrie,glad he got bad eyesight,, things we do,

You never know. As a kid - and don't get on me about this, I was absolutely whacko and seriously needed medication back then - I was baffled that NYC's nasty-a$$ pigeons didn't even notice body strikes from a 400 fps pellet pistol. But auto glass certainly did.

Lol I used to get in so much trouble when I was a kid living in the city with mine (Crosman) it was in the 700 FPS range I use to take pigeons down easy with a couple pumps, I think some folks here don’t realize what a good pellet gun is capable of..

Lol I used to get in so much trouble when I was a kid living in the city with mine (Crosman) it was in the 700 FPS range I use to take pigeons down easy with a couple pumps, I think some folks here don’t realize what a good pellet gun is capable of..
I don't think some people here read the guidelines to stay on topic and not talk about guns .
As being the link I posted goes to the thread where this went on in 3DR and this a Phantom forum if you guys want to read more on this just follow that as this is closed .

Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Sweetwater