Best range mod?

Reaction score
I have a P3S and I plan on using it with DroneDeploy to map fields, the problem is that where I live there are no small fields within the P3S range. So should I add a range extender? I know nothing about them and what one to choose.
886affc60544916cd52c000e7c8e2607.jpg
here is a picture of the area I live in and you can see how large the average field is.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

without any form of a scale, it is hard to tell just how large these fields are. Give us an average distance you'd be flying and we can do a much better job at providing some options.

Reactions: RodPad
I know I've been researching about theses mods but I am very confused, I just want a straight answer. Best mod for P3S for distance and video, so I can view it the whole time

So this will give me the best results, what's the average distance people get?

Just hop in and read the other thread.... there's just no sense in everyone having to type everything twice today.

Reactions: RodPad
Hi Skyacramer -- have you tried out the Standard on your fields yet, or just worried it won't have the range?

I have a bone-stock Standard and in remote areas with line-of-sight I'm getting over 1,000 metres without too much trouble. In a straight run yesterday I got to 2,100 metres over a frozen lake, straight-line line-of-sight, before losing video and control. If your terrain is pretty flat you may not need to mod.

Dave

Yes I get great range with my stock antenna but if you go look at the pics above you can see the fields are well over 2,000 feet

I just did this with my P3S and the only things I've done are a homemade windsurfer and the Magic Power mod.
full

What is the magic power mod? And do windsurfers affect the wifi range? I tempted to get the argtech just because it's cheaper but is as good as the DBS?

Why don't you start with a homemade windsurfer (How to build your own Windsurfer Antenna) and the Magic Power Mod (How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0). Both are free except for the minimal cost in materials of the windsurfer. Try these out and go from there. The windsurfer is for control range and the Magic Power is for video (wifi) range. That's what I'm doing. BTW if you build the windsurfer cut about 3/4" off the bottom. I had to do that to get it to fit correctly (at least for my liking). Works great so far. Here is the thread I started with the video to my 9733 ft flight using what I mentioned above.
New personal distance best with P3S

Reactions: tobby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31