Best range mod?

Oh and the way these birds fall I don't think they will even reach 50 mph. I watched mine fall from 600' and it fluttered then bounced off a dry lake bed. Bird was fine but the plastic gimbal snapped.

IMG_1923.jpg
Here's my healthydrone data from the flight it fell out of the sky from 752 ft actually and it shows my max speed at 39 mph. These things flutter I'm telling you.

How were you able to get your hands on the 15 turn helical?

Video Aerial Systems 5.8GHz 16 Turn Helical Super Cannon Antenna (SMA Male Plug) - HeliDirect
You can still find them occasionally, just got to look around.
The terminator is no longer available but a friend and fellow pp forum member builds beautiful and record breaking 14 db panels at steal of a price. Message @Procharged97.
Here's his work
c807c112f6085bdaa0403cf3cfca85be.jpg

Keep in mind, flying really high is very hard to aim at accurately, and doesn't always equal good range

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

2.5 miles today with the boosted DBS. I'm also using Matts bird side dipole wifi antennas on the bird which helped keep the wifi signal ahead of the control sig. I need to find a longer run to continue testing this set up.
IMG_1924.PNG

Here's something else I'm testing once the weather clears. Boosted Alfas!!!
IMG_2716.JPG

Reactions: Matts175
Video Aerial Systems 5.8GHz 16 Turn Helical Super Cannon Antenna (SMA Male Plug) - HeliDirect
You can still find them occasionally, just got to look around.
The terminator is no longer available but a friend and fellow pp forum member builds beautiful and record breaking 14 db panels at steal of a price. Message @Procharged97.
Here's his work
c807c112f6085bdaa0403cf3cfca85be.jpg

Keep in mind, flying really high is very hard to aim at accurately, and doesn't always equal good range

They're out of Super Cannon stock...

BECAUSE I GRABBED THE LAST ONE!!! Lol!

Btw, the reason you see me at 600' approaching the dam is because the dam is close to 250' tall. Once I turned I dropped to 400.

The 15 turns are hard to come by because they're not as popular as they used to be, but keep searching and you'll find it when they come back in stock. I've gone 49,000 feet with the standard and that 15 turn had me in control the whole way and probably would've for further. For those of you that only plan on going 15,000 to 30,000 feet, I think the readily available 10 turn will probably be just as well and less awkward
5.8 GHz Helical Antenna 12.5 dbic 10turn Video Aerial Systems IBCrazy HL-5800-10 | eBay

I don't think you made it to the bottom of my post. Lol!

By the way, what battery set up do you have?

Last edited:
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG
Well call me a copy cat but I have some long distance desert vids and pics to take. Just waiting on my battery mod stuf.
I'm very happy for the peeps who are getting great results from the Alfa panels, keep up the good work! I am not having any luck at all, so I'm officially putting them aside. I've never considered myself a quitter and I hate unfinished business but I need to shift my energy to bigger and better things.

Inspire? For $70? Where?!!

Lol!!

The 14.5dbi panels were $15 ea and the Super Cannon was $39.

View attachment 77578 View attachment 77580 Well call me a copy cat but I have some long distance desert vids and pics to take. Just waiting on my battery mod stuf.
I'm very happy for the peeps who are getting great results from the Alfa panels, keep up the good work! I am not having any luck at all, so I'm officially putting them aside. I've never considered myself a quitter and I hate unfinished business but I need to shift my energy to bigger and better things.

You can copy, that's why I've spent so much flighttime, mods & $ , so you guys can fast forward[emoji41]
If you don't have good control results w/ that 15 turn placed underneath the panels, try it about 10" above them. And a tip, I've always found the cannon likes to be aimed a pinch high

Thanks DB, I'm a little new to this but with all you're great info throughout the forums I'm a little less blind.

Strong work btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1