ARGTEK YES OR NO ONLY PLEASE

Reaction score
So looking for a yes or no to people who have actually have experienced and fitted and used these

are they worth it?

are they easy to install?

Do you use magic power with them?

thanks guys

Darren

1) if you are wanting just better all around signal and not looking for super super super distance, yes. if you want super distance, go DBS.
Argtek did get me to 10K+ feet, but I live in a very rural area. DBS just offers more with regards to boosting to get the longer flights.

2) yes took about 15 minutes. might as well add the inspire tablet mount at same time since controller needs to be opened for Artek

3) don't have to, but can. I do.

Reactions: Dazzauk
any links to learn about dbs? I know nothing lol

To expand beyond yes or no (cjoffutt did a great job there), a couple of things: Might as well use MagicPower. It's free and easy enough to do, so you have nothing to lose.

Also, while you've got the controller open you also have the opportunity to remove the metal clip that locks the left stick in the down position if you want to. I found that annoying, but it might not bother you. If it does, it's a little metal piece that's held on with two screws. You'll see it on the left stick once you've got the controller open. Easy enough to remove if you want to.

Its worth it to me .

Not hard at all to install , the hardest part was removing the sealer on the OEM connectors . Took longer then fifteen min.

No Magic power .

After doing a small amount of rsearch I guess I should add this question

argtek or dbs?

I'm going to say No .Just because i think there is such much variation in quality control in my opinion with this kit. Some people get great results and some get mediocre results.There are a lot of contributing factors we will not go in to in this thread. I think Siscos Alfa mod in this forum gave me the best if not equal results as the DBS mod and its cheaper. And you can still change to omni antennas if you wanted. And yes i run Magic Power also .I do think it helps video a little. DIY Antenna Modification - RANGE TEST (14,180 FEET) with DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Reactions: grin factor
So looking for a yes or no to people who have actually have experienced and fitted and used these

are they worth it?

Yes

are they easy to install?

Yes

Do you use magic power with them?

No I use ICARUS and 27dbm power .... but Magic Power will work as well.

thanks guys

Darren

No problem.

If you think some will only give yes or no ..... I doubt that very much !!

Nigel

Yes, I really like Arg Tec.
The install took me an hour, but I took my time, referenced the youtube installation video twice, and am very happy with the install and the results.
My controller antenna cables were not the same color scheme as the Arg Tech, that's why I had to look at the video a few times. The cable coming out of my original omni on the controller was black, not white. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.
Very good results in my opinion.

I had 300m stock.

I had 700m stock with Icarus

I had 2493m with Argtec and Icarus.

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: azgeek
First thing to understand is that NOTHING boosts the Control Signal 5.8Ghz except dedicated additional physical booster.
What you get with Argtec / DBS is a better signal propagation of 5.8Ghz and particularly on the VIDEO 2.4Ghz side.

Magic Power and Icarus ONLY boost power on the 2.4Ghz Video signals - they do nothing for 5.8Ghz.

The above all put together add up to increasing range of signals. Most people find that the Control signal 5.8Ghz goes further than the Video 2.4Ghz signal with stock set-up. It is common for video to give up within 100m or so. Therefore first thing people want is to increase Video range to keep up with the Control range. It doesn't take much to then want both !!

You have to decide what you want ... reliable consistent reasonable range of both control and video ? That will be ARGTEC.
Or high range then pay out the higher price and go for DBS.

My wish was for better range but more for consistent video at about 1000m ... ARGTEC has given me that. For $40 I thought it was a good deal and no modifications or drilling to the controller case.

I will now of course be looking at add-on physical boosters having satisfied my initial needs !!

Nigel

I'm going to say No .Just because i think there is such much variation in quality control in my opinion with this kit. Some people get great results and some get mediocre results.There are a lot of contributing factors we will not go in to in this thread. I think Siscos Alfa mod in this forum gave me the best if not equal results as the DBS mod and its cheaper. And you can still change to omni antennas if you wanted. And yes i run Magic Power also .I do think it helps video a little. DIY Antenna Modification - RANGE TEST (14,180 FEET) with DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Ok so this mod look extremely good?

Ok so this mod look extremely good?

Honestly, if I could do it all over again. I would do it this way. It's cheaper. The results are just as good, if not better AND you can change out to different antennas in the future if you wanted to experiment.

So it looks like the 3 best ways to extend are argtek, dbs and this Siscos Alfa mod, so lol which is the best and why?

Pros and cons i guess?

ARGtek- Pros: No Holes to drill and you can return your controller to stock if you ever had to. Cons: If might increase your range, it might not. Personally for me, not.

DBS MODS / ITELITE : Pros. It will for sure increase your range. I've never seen a complaint. Cons: it's expensive and you have to drill holes (There is a "clean install kit" but then that makes it even more expensive)

Alfa mod: Pros. More range, cheaper cost. Can change antennas later down the road, if you wish. Cons: A bit more labor intensive to install.

You will get different answers from different people.

Those that fitted DBS and it worked will say DBS

Those that fitted Argtec and it worked will say ARGTEC

There are more failure posts for ARGTEC ... but I have a view that may be due to other factors.

Nigel

Thanks guys, appreciate it, guts telling me to go dbs, not fussed about holes in controller..

You will get different answers from different people.

Those that fitted DBS and it worked will say DBS

Those that fitted Argtec and it worked will say ARGTEC

There are more failure posts for ARGTEC ... but I have a view that may be due to other factors.

Nigel

My thoughts are More failure threads because way more were purchased and way more incorrect installs (not to mention knock off kits). I had mentioned in another thread I had seen 4 installs besides mine and 3 of them had the 5.8 wire connected to the wrong port or had a wire not fully seated.

I have argtek installed currently but also own a dbs. The dbs will stay in its box until I feel the argtek isn't doing what it's supposed to but right now I am like you and very happy with the kit.

My thoughts are More failure threads because way more were purchased and way more incorrect installs (not to mention knock off kits). I had mentioned in another thread I had seen 4 installs besides mine and 3 of them had the 5.8 wire connected to the wrong port or had a wire not fully seated.

I have argtek installed currently but also own a dbs. The dbs will stay in its box until I feel the argtek isn't doing what it's supposed to but right now I am like you and very happy with the kit.

I'm 1000% positive that mine was installed correctly. I even cracked the RC back open to look because I started doubting myself.

Reactions: Y2KGTA

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj