Battery Error

Reaction score
Ran into my first issue with my Phantom 4 this evening, I was out flying after charging a battery to 100% that had been charged 22 times and mid flight I received a Battery Error message that said 'Battery Error: Return home and land soon. View the Checklist after landing'.

I landed luckily as I was flying over water and checked the battery info and the 1st cell was in the red at much lower voltage compared to the rest, I can't recall what it was exactly. Once I returned home about an hour later I reinstalled the battery and started the Phantom with the same battery and all cells are showing equal at 3.90 and 3.91 volts.

Is there anything that can be done to this battery to recover it or is it toast and should not be used for safety sake?

Reactions: UtilaGirl
If its fine now it was probably just a glitch. Perhaps you should try hovering close to the ground for a full battery cycle and see how it does then check the cells after you recharge. You may also want to deep cycle it to recalibrate the smart battery. Some say do it every 20 cycles, some say never do it. Dji use to recommend deep cycling every 20 cycles but there is some debate as to weather or not they still recommend it but what have you got to loose.

I have been following the 20 charge deep cycle so just completed one on this battery 2 charges ago. I will likely put it back in and let it hover to see what if anything happens. First issue in over 200 flights, can't complain.

I have been following the 20 charge deep cycle so just completed one on this battery 2 charges ago. I will likely put it back in and let it hover to see what if anything happens. First issue in over 200 flights, can't complain.
Very true. I'm betting it was just a glitch. I get little glitches from time to time. I had a compass error a few flights ago a mile from home and no live feed. I was sweating bullets till it landed. Restarted it and I haven't seen it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan