Regular backpack works for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,277
Ksc said:
Wangta said:
Ksc said:

I did read it fully - I don't think you did. The math is simple. What the OP didn't understand is - the GoProfessional bag IS the 72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack. It says it right under specifications "72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack" - look for yourself:

http://www.goprocases.com/phantom2backp ... ition.aspx

The rest is simple math: The 5.11 Rush 72 backpack is $170 on their website. The foam option the OP in that thread mentioned is $20 from Amazon. So that's total $190 to get the Rush 72 backpack and foam. GoProfessionals is charging $240 for their backpack. The difference is $50 - which is the value of NOT having to cut and glue and ****. Which might be worth it to some people.

If you want to come up with a poor man's solution - then yeah, the Wall mart option is much cheaper given the bag costs $40 so you'll be saving ~$100. But if you are comparing apples to apples - the GoProfessional bag which is a Rush 72 backpack (which is a very very well reviewed backpack - check amazon: 250 reviews, all 5 stars), then the "savings" is only $50. Your logic assumes that the walmart bag is equivalent to the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack - that is personal preference and opinion and tough to verify. Its like saying a BMW is not any better than a Honda (some might think so - depends on what is important to you). Personally, from reading about 511 Rush Backpacks, it seems they put a lot of time and effort into the design - and I believe their products likely deserve a mark up of some type and are more reliable than the off the shelf walmart look a like product.

Boy you're dumb. I wrote the rcgroups posts that you are claiming I didn't fully read. But good luck with your goprocases bag. By the way, they don't use a rush 72 bag. 5.11 is not a branding company and will not sell their bags without their logo. Goprocases bought their bags from the company that makes them for fieldline. Buy the 5.11 bag and buy the goprocases bag, put them side by side and field the material, it's not the same. Then come back on here and tell me you should have listened to me.

LOL. Way to take the low road...geeze. And I wasn't saying you didn't read your own post, I was refering to the fact you didn't read MY POSTS, or you'd get what I'm saying. You stated I didn't read your post fully...I basically showed you I did..and more..and can do basic math. Thanks for making the point but you did not state that in your original post here, or on RCGroups - You said just assumed the GoProfessional bag is NOT a 511 rush 72 bag, despite the fact it says it on the description (see first pic below). I actually called Goprofessionals this week and CONFIRMED this with them (lucky enough to get someone since they are all at the NAB show) - it is indeed the 511 rush 72 hr bag - so your theory against their word. I invite you to call them and ask about their arrangement, if any, with 5.11 if you're really curious.

Did you actually talk to 5.11 about this or is that just your theory? Not trying to be a **** - I'm genuinely left wondering who to believe here, but the obvious thing to me is - maybe that's why this bag is so expensive to begin with - and why would goprofessionals (i) list "Full-featured 5.11 Rush 72 backpack" if it wasn't the real thing, and (ii) why would they lie about it?

I appreciate your insight but man, you are quite wound up about this - my last post obviously rubbed you the wrong way, which I apologize for, but I read your post very carefully and obviously did a bunch of my own diligence on this - yet you were quick to assume I didn't read anything you wrote or do any type of research, which is very presumptuous of you (I have nearly a 1000 posts on RCGroups!). With that said, I don't know who to believe - the bag on the Goprofessionals website looks more like the 511 bag than the Walmart bag. Also, GoProfessionals even have the same pictures of the inside of the bag that are listed on the 511 rush website!

If it really is the 511 rush 72 hour bag, which GoProfessionals stated it is, then my math is correct: You're only "saving" $42 building the parts yourself (excluding shipping from GoProfessional). Or in otherwords, $42 is the value of the GoProefssional branding on the bag, and their foam mold, and the time/effort value of not having to cut the foam your/ourselves.

Here, look at the description yourself - I'll even highlight the things for you:

PIC1+%25281%2529.jpg

Bag Comparison - from top right, GoProfessionals bag, 511 Rush bag, wallmart bag.

Untitled.jpg

Internals of the GoProfessionals bag - this is the same exact picture as listed on the 511 72 hour website:

Features.jpg

Compare it to this:

http://www.511tactical.com/rush-72-backpack.html

Wangta said:
Did you actually talk to 5.11 about this or is that just your theory? Not trying to be a **** - I'm genuinely left wondering who to believe here, but the obvious thing to me is - maybe that's why this bag is so expensive to begin with - and why would goprofessionals (i) list "Full-featured 5.11 Rush 72 backpack" if it wasn't the real thing, and (ii) why would they lie about it?

I appreciate your insight but man, you are quite wound up about this - my last post obviously rubbed you the wrong way, which I apologize for, but I read your post very carefully and obviously did a bunch of my own diligence on this - yet you were quick to assume I didn't read anything you wrote or do any type of research, which is very presumptuous of you (I have nearly a 1000 posts on RCGroups!). With that said, I don't know who to believe - the bag on the Goprofessionals website looks more like the 511 bag than the Walmart bag. Also, GoProfessionals even have the same pictures of the inside of the bag that are listed on the 511 rush website!

If it really is the 511 rush 72 hour bag, which GoProfessionals stated it is, then my math is correct: You're only "saving" $42 building the parts yourself (excluding shipping from GoProfessional). Or in otherwords, $42 is the value of the GoProefssional branding on the bag, and their foam mold, and the time/effort value of not having to cut the foam your/ourselves.

Here, look at the description yourself - I'll even highlight the things for you:

I get that the pictures are the same. I can save photos from 5.11 and use them in an ad as well. What you aren't understanding is that the 5.11 bag and the field line bag are literally identically. If I took photos of the bags side by side and covered the logos, you wouldn't be able to tell which bag was which. The only way to tell is by touch and you will feel that the 5.11 bag uses a thicker fabric which you are correct, is more durable. The 5.11 bag is as a bug out bag. Which is meant to hold 72 hours worth of gear and not fail. You can jump out of planes with it. Without having both bags in front of you, visually you will not see any difference between the bags. watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KrFGN4JmY and then look at a 5.11 review video. the same bag.

And yes I'm sure Rick at goprocases told you it was a 5.11 bag. It is not. I know this because it took me a very long time but I was able to reach someone at 5.11 and ask about buying their bags in bulk so I could make my own Phantom bags. They do not allow "rebranding" of their bags, meaning that I cannot put my logo on their bags like goprocases has. When I asked pushed them about this and told them about the goprocases bag, they said they did not sell their bags to goprocases. I do not own their bag but I have had the chance to be in a store when someone brought in their goprocases vision backpack. It was not a 5.11 bag and the fabric was identical to my field line bag.

goprocases has to make money. I don't think they are lying with the intent to deceive but rather exaggerating the reality to give an example of the bag. If they were to say that they were using a $40 bag with $20 worth of foam inside, no one would buy their bag. when they say they are using a $170 bag, then people can justify the purchase of a $250 bag.

Fieldline does not make the bag. Fieldline buys the bag from a bulk Chinese manufacturing company. Fieldline is probably buying the bags for $15 and selling them to walmart for $25 and walmart sells them to the customers for $40. Goprocases is buying the bags from a Chinese manufacturing company but is not buying in the same bulk so is probably paying closer to $20 or $25 per bag. The foam is obviously not more than $20. Their major expenses was for the laser water cutter which they have either paid off or are still working to pay off. I don't know what they are using so I cannot telling you what that cost is. Either way, goprocases is making a good chunk of money.

If you own a goprocases hard case, they will sell you the foam for $75 and that cost includes their profit margin. They sell their hard cases for $200 which means they are saying the case itself is worth $125. If you have seen the prices of cases on MCM you know that a hard case is MUCH MUCH lower than that. They are using an off brand case and buying in bulk. This is an assumption but I would say the cases they are buying cost them about $15 per case and the foam is around $10 due to their bulk buying. Thats $25 for a case they are selling for $200. Now keep in mind that $200 is the retail price. If you buy it from goprocases you are paying retail but if you are a company like B&H who is buying at wholesale, B&H is not paying $200.

If you go with the goprocases bag, go to the 5.11 site and find a reseller near you, bring the goprocases bag with you and compare them. They might not have the Rush 72 bag but the same fabric is used in all their Rush and MOAB bags. Yes I own all those with is why I know.

Walmart bag.... Works perfect and I still have $180+shipping in my pocket from not buying an overpriced knock-off.

I also get to decide what goes where and if I want to add equipment I can. If I want to change equipment I can also and not have to be worried about cutting into $75 foam. I can start all over again for $20.

Apples to Apples, if you have the money blow it on the expensive case. If you want to spend $180 on something else, Walmart is the way to go. It's as simple as that.

e1cac0f5-cd16-4fad-ae49-7c601d6f0616_zpsa3986c50.jpg

d41d0a95-546a-48e9-846f-ea8958db8141_zps7a70ac19.jpg

Boozshey said:
I also get to decide what goes where and if I want to add equipment I can. If I want to change equipment I can also and not have to be worried about cutting into $75 foam. I can start all over again for $20.
Was that with one 4' X 2' piece of foam?

It's two pieces of like 2 7/8" and one 1 1/8". I put the 1" at the bottom so that I could dig more shallow at the top if needed.

I cut it about 13" wide and 19" tall. So one piece of 4'x2' will be plenty but like I said I bought two different size sheets.

I used the extra for a go pro case and shared some with a friend for his pack.

@Boozshey, where did you get the 4' x 2 x ? foam? Is there a spec for the foam or just hi density? Also you may have mentioned but what was the thickness of the 4' x 2' foam?

Also what did you use to cut the foam?

Thanks

Ksc said:
Wangta said:
I get that the pictures are the same. I can save photos from 5.11 and use them in an ad as well. What you aren't understanding is that the 5.11 bag and the field line bag are literally identically. If I took photos of the bags side by side and covered the logos, you wouldn't be able to tell which bag was which. The only way to tell is by touch and you will feel that the 5.11 bag uses a thicker fabric which you are correct, is more durable. The 5.11 bag is as a bug out bag. Which is meant to hold 72 hours worth of gear and not fail. You can jump out of planes with it. Without having both bags in front of you, visually you will not see any difference between the bags. watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KrFGN4JmY and then look at a 5.11 review video. the same bag.

And yes I'm sure Rick at goprocases told you it was a 5.11 bag. It is not. I know this because it took me a very long time but I was able to reach someone at 5.11 and ask about buying their bags in bulk so I could make my own Phantom bags. They do not allow "rebranding" of their bags, meaning that I cannot put my logo on their bags like goprocases has. When I asked pushed them about this and told them about the goprocases bag, they said they did not sell their bags to goprocases. I do not own their bag but I have had the chance to be in a store when someone brought in their goprocases vision backpack. It was not a 5.11 bag and the fabric was identical to my field line bag.

goprocases has to make money. I don't think they are lying with the intent to deceive but rather exaggerating the reality to give an example of the bag. If they were to say that they were using a $40 bag with $20 worth of foam inside, no one would buy their bag. when they say they are using a $170 bag, then people can justify the purchase of a $250 bag.

Fieldline does not make the bag. Fieldline buys the bag from a bulk Chinese manufacturing company. Fieldline is probably buying the bags for $15 and selling them to walmart for $25 and walmart sells them to the customers for $40. Goprocases is buying the bags from a Chinese manufacturing company but is not buying in the same bulk so is probably paying closer to $20 or $25 per bag. The foam is obviously not more than $20. Their major expenses was for the laser water cutter which they have either paid off or are still working to pay off. I don't know what they are using so I cannot telling you what that cost is. Either way, goprocases is making a good chunk of money.

If you own a goprocases hard case, they will sell you the foam for $75 and that cost includes their profit margin. They sell their hard cases for $200 which means they are saying the case itself is worth $125. If you have seen the prices of cases on MCM you know that a hard case is MUCH MUCH lower than that. They are using an off brand case and buying in bulk. This is an assumption but I would say the cases they are buying cost them about $15 per case and the foam is around $10 due to their bulk buying. Thats $25 for a case they are selling for $200. Now keep in mind that $200 is the retail price. If you buy it from goprocases you are paying retail but if you are a company like B&H who is buying at wholesale, B&H is not paying $200.

If you go with the goprocases bag, go to the 5.11 site and find a reseller near you, bring the goprocases bag with you and compare them. They might not have the Rush 72 bag but the same fabric is used in all their Rush and MOAB bags. Yes I own all those with is why I know.

Ahhhh, got it - thanks man! As you can tell, I did probably as much digging as a newbie to this type of bag could do...your insight is very much appreciated, thanks again. Hmmm, I'm gonna think about it over the weekend - I'm in no rush for a backpack solution. I just need it for summer vacation so I got time!

Boozshey said:
It's two pieces of like 2 7/8" and one 1 1/8". I put the 1" at the bottom so that I could dig more shallow at the top if needed.

I cut it about 13" wide and 19" tall. So one piece of 4'x2' will be plenty but like I said I bought two different size sheets.

I used the extra for a go pro case and shared some with a friend for his pack.

And mine came out well too, thanks Boozshey.
egady8ep.jpg

Really liking the idea of a Camera backpack / rucksack for our phantoms. I am planning on travelling abroad with my Phantom and the benefit of using a camera rucksack is that they seem pretty customisable inside with dividers. So I can stuff other things in there in all the spare slots as well and use it as my carry on luggage.

After trawling around the web I have found these 2 contenders so far, very competitively priced as well compared to others I have seen on here for £100 +

£57
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-WHITE-B ... 256ffc027d

£40
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fancier-KingK ... 19eb59d0b5

Both look as if they will fit the Phantom, may be a bit tight on the sides but I suppose that will keep the Phantom in place.

DattaGroover said:
thedjiguy said:
Heres a backpack to check out. I have all the links in the description of the video. It fits tons of stuff well. PM me with any questions…: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1yVYSLl1E
That one looks good. Do you know if they carry them at REI or other retailers so I can take a look?

Thanks for the video - that was informative.

Great one this, been investigating for ages and holding on for a proper back pack. Just got this on order form Amazon UK and will report in when it arrives. Will be great for going out biking...!
Thanks again

Matt

Meluk said:
Really liking the idea of a Camera backpack / rucksack for our phantoms. I am planning on travelling abroad with my Phantom and the benefit of using a camera rucksack is that they seem pretty customisable inside with dividers. So I can stuff other things in there in all the spare slots as well and use it as my carry on luggage.

After trawling around the web I have found these 2 contenders so far, very competitively priced as well compared to others I have seen on here for £100 +

£57

£40

Both look as if they will fit the Phantom, may be a bit tight on the sides but I suppose that will keep the Phantom in place.

I've have been looking for a suitable rucksack and I had also been considering the £57 option. I do think the £40 item looks a good possibility too, and I like the fact that the arms on the Phantom will be situated in the largest area of the bag (facing into your back) rather than possibly being stressed by the zipped flap once closed, on the other bag designs.

I have just placed an order for the £40 option, to give it a try, and will let you know how it goes.

djidan said:
Meluk said:

£57

£40

I've have been looking for a suitable rucksack and I had also been considering the £57 option. I do think the £40 item looks a good possibility too, and I like the fact that the arms on the Phantom will be situated in the largest area of the bag (facing into your back) rather than possibly being stressed by the zipped flap once closed, on the other bag designs.

I have just placed an order for the £40 option, to give it a try, and will let you know how it goes.

Great, do let us know how you find it as soon as you get it!

Any other option as a backpack? The quadcopters.co.uk backpack seems interesting, but dont has very much space, for example for the Charger...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl