Bag/Backpack for Phantom

Most compact Phantom 2 FPV backpack EVER!!! 8x12x13 inches. Airplane friendly, travel light. All parts bought at iKea. lol :lol:
Can fit
Phantom 2 and Tx
Video Tx
Blackpearl with sunshade and Charger
2 CP antennas
2 Helicals
3 Batteries and charger
Props
Gopro

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 783
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 762
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 764
thongbong said:
Most compact Phantom 2 FPV backpack EVER!!! 8x12x13 inches. Airplane friendly, travel light. All parts bought at iKea. lol :lol:
Can fit
Phantom 2 and Tx
Video Tx
Blackpearl with sunshade and Charger
2 CP antennas
2 Helicals
3 Batteries and charger
Props
Gopro
The backpack/case itself is also from Ikea? How does it balance (for longer hikes)?

I got the parts from IKEA. The straps off a cheap backpack, a vinyl lined corrugated plastic box, and some foam I bought locally for padding.

thongbong said:
I got the parts from IKEA. The straps off a cheap backpack, a vinyl lined corrugated plastic box, and some foam I bought locally for padding.
Very resourceful!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... ered-bags/

some of you are already spending over $300 on a camera bag. why not just buy one with an outlet in it for $329. I don't know how many batteries you will be able to charge off it but it would be nice to have the ability. I know I had an issue once where I went to fly and my blackpearl monitor was dead. I had to sit in a Starbucks with it plugged into the wall for a half hour. If I had this bag, I could have just plugged it into the bag and kept flying.

Attachments

• d0ba42304bf7d5309b52a098b509e276_large.png
    d0ba42304bf7d5309b52a098b509e276_large.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 644
djidan said:
Meluk said:
Really liking the idea of a Camera backpack / rucksack for our phantoms. I am planning on travelling abroad with my Phantom and the benefit of using a camera rucksack is that they seem pretty customisable inside with dividers. So I can stuff other things in there in all the spare slots as well and use it as my carry on luggage.

After trawling around the web I have found these 2 contenders so far, very competitively priced as well compared to others I have seen on here for £100 +

£57
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-WHITE-B ... 256ffc027d

£40
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fancier-KingK ... 19eb59d0b5

Both look as if they will fit the Phantom, may be a bit tight on the sides but I suppose that will keep the Phantom in place.

I've have been looking for a suitable rucksack and I had also been considering the £57 option. I do think the £40 item looks a good possibility too, and I like the fact that the arms on the Phantom will be situated in the largest area of the bag (facing into your back) rather than possibly being stressed by the zipped flap once closed, on the other bag designs.

I have just placed an order for the £40 option, to give it a try, and will let you know how it goes.

Did you get this bag? If so please tell us how u find it :)

Meluk, haven't got it yet which is really disappointing. It should have been shipped via 1st class post last Tuesday therefore should have received on Wednesday or Thursday. Reported to seller but seems to just ignore my posts. Made a claim through eBay and then got a response. He suggested I go to my sorting office to see if it's there! Really helpful! Anyway, going to ask for a refund. I have seen the same bag for £5 cheaper from another seller so going to order one from him instead. Very frustrating. The seller to avoid is digiextras_uk.

Just noticed the £5 cheaper bag is used. Hopefully not being sold by a phantom owner who has discovered it's not large enough!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i like that kick starter thing but it's a little expensive for a couple pieces of plastic

This has been asked for probably about a hundred times already..

But is there any backpacks out there that would fit the drone with prop guards installed?

I'd love to just leave my Phantom outside, but knowing how desperate times these days are... I don't want the risk of getting my windows smashed just because someone saw an expensive looking item inside.

I'm actually about real close to just use prop guard with velcro at this point actually..

So I guess I'm looking for two types of bags.. one that would fit the phantom with prop guards and one without.

Thanks for helping!

UrAwFuL said:
This has been asked for probably about a hundred times already..

But is there any backpacks out there that would fit the drone with prop guards installed?

I'd love to just leave my Phantom outside, but knowing how desperate times these days are... I don't want the risk of getting my windows smashed just because someone saw an expensive looking item inside.

I'm actually about real close to just use prop guard with velcro at this point actually..

So I guess I'm looking for two types of bags.. one that would fit the phantom with prop guards and one without.

Thanks for helping!

The carrier thing I posted (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63 ... h?ref=live) does fit with prop guards installed.

I was at REI when I saw this back pack and I thought this could be a real possibility. It seems that the bag gives it a little protection since its a little harder on the sides. It has one big storage compartment and I measured the inside of the bag.
Measurements are:
22" long x 13" wide at widest point - more like 11" inside. x 8-9" deep depending on where you measure from.

http://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Porter-Tra ... +porter+46

Also has laptop slot.

Anyone considered this bag?

All,

Has there been any discussion in this thread about a backpack that will fit a Phantom 1 with landing gear extensions? Not the fancy extra wide ones, just the carbon fiber/standoff ones that make it about 1.5" taller.

Phantom 2 Zemuse 2 Uprise II 48... as recommended by djiguy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1yVYSLl1E

I ordered one and BARELY fits extended legs but you have to put it sideways like the picture shows. Good thing is that the Gopro sits flush on foam and it keeps the gopro from wobbling around. When I say barely fits it just about makes it.

This backpack has LOTS of padding and Lots of ways you can configure. I do want to find a pouch for the controller up top but maybe i'll just find a piece of foam to lay on top of controller. It will move around too much and I don't want it banging into the phantom or moving into the compartment where the phantom is.

Attachments

• phantom.JPG
    phantom.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 631
I was searching for a particular case and i bump in to this website http://www.rucpac.com they make backpack straps adapters for many different case, i found this interesting and useful.

Attachments

• backpack straps for hardcase small pic.jpg
    backpack straps for hardcase small pic.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 724

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart